Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can I change my .mac email address?

Can I change my .mac email address?
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2007, 11:22 PM

I got a .mac account around 10 months ago. I haven't used it much but now with the increase in space I plan to start using it a lot. I'm not happy with the email address I created so before I start giving it out I want to create a new email address. Is it possible to do this? I know since my subscription is almost over I could simply wait and do a new .mac account instead of renewing. Also, I've heard that you can create a email only account under your .mac account and use it and then at the renewal of your primary .mac account make it into your primary account? Is that true and if so how much space do you have while it's a email only account?

Camali
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2007, 12:13 AM

You could, if you want, just buy the email only account under your main .Mac account, for a full year its $10, however it might be less if your subscription is almost up, then in that case, I'd wait to buy/renew .Mac with a new email that you prefer.

Should you get the email only account the email space was upgraded from 50mb to 512mb!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Aug 14, 2007, 01:21 AM

You can create alais emails and have them forwarded to your main email.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Max_Doubt_M'Wham
Aug 14, 2007, 01:56 AM

I had my iMac replaced in the first year so I have 2 .mac email addresses, which of course as I don't have the .mac account, the email addies are only good for iChat.

GuillaumeB
Forum Regular
Aug 14, 2007, 03:56 AM

Well the problem with alias is that you can't set them up as the default email address in the client or on the web...so you have to pick it from the drop down menu of the composer each time you want to write a new email message ( except when replying to an email sent to this alias...)
My website
MBP 13" Uni - 4GB RAM
MBP 15" - 4GB RAM

macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 14, 2007, 12:11 PM

The point of the email aliases is the protect you from spam when you sign up for stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules