Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New MacBook Pro Bubbly Keyboard

New MacBook Pro Bubbly Keyboard
reRESERVEDMD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2010, 01:37 AM

Hi

Today when typing without the keyboard protector, I noticed something underneath the arrow key. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the paint has 'bubbles' in it. After inspecting all other keys, I noticed that some of them have either bubbles or tiny holes. It's actually kind of annoying when typing because from time to time you can feel them. Is that something I should go and replace my computer for? I mean it seems like a defect, not just a variation.

Also, it turns out that Monday (today) is the last day I can return my machine. Apart from that, it's pretty much perfect and that's why I'm contemplating about whether to risk it or not.
Here's a picture:

Simon
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2010, 07:58 AM

If it were my MBP I'd try to get them to replace it. The brand new 2.4 GHz 13" MBP I have here doesn't have what you describe.

Forum Links
Forum Rules