Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple. Are they still in the Monitor Business?

Apple. Are they still in the Monitor Business? (Page 2)
EndlessMac
Senior User
Jul 4, 2008, 11:04 PM

What I don't understand about Apple not updating their monitors is that their designs are usually ahead of its time so all they really need to do is update the hardware specs so they stay competitive with the industry. They really don't have to redesign their current monitors because it seems obvious that is a major reason why some people are buying them. Since they don't have to spend time and money into redesigning their monitors one would think that it would be easier to update them if they can fit all the new hardware into the current design.

Sparkletron
Forum Regular
Jul 13, 2008, 02:15 PM

As near as I can tell, Apple hasn't updated their 20" and 23" ACD's since August 2006.

I love the quality-exuding solid block of aluminum base, but I'm not paying 2008 dollars for 2006 technology. Hopefully, ACDs will get LED-backlighting before their 2-year anniversary.

-S

Forum Links
Forum Rules