Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 512MB USB iPod Shuffle + Charger

FS: 512MB USB iPod Shuffle + Charger
byteseller
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2007, 09:57 AM

This is the white "stick" shuffle iPod with the build in USB connector (bigger than the newer ones, but I really like this feature). Includes everything that it came with, including: headphones, box, cap, lanyard, etc.

I'm also throwing in a compact (white) USB wall charger -- that makes travelling with the iPod much easier.

Everything is very clean and in good working order -- was only used lightly by my daughter.

$34 (including shipping and PP fees)

Thanks
( Last edited by byteseller; Oct 18, 2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: new price)

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by byteseller View Post
Not sure what these are going for, but how about $40 OBO (including shipping and PP fees)
no adding paypal fees to the price is allowed here, and it's also part of paypals policy

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 17, 2007, 12:36 PM

That's my point -- it is all covered in the asking price.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2007, 03:25 PM

when you include paypal fees in your asking price, that is adding paypal fees to your price. adding paypal fees is a nono here and is against paypal rules

PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2007, 04:22 PM

i think his point was that the price is $40 is $40. any seller expects to pay paypal fees, thereby it is included in their price. for some reason this seller chose to actually verbalize it. now if he offers a discount for people paying with check/money order, that's a different stories. i guess my point is this is not a worthwhile discussion, seeing as the seller could just delete those couple of words and nothing would change.
please cook my steak again
je suis american

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks PB, that was my point.

Based on some research and feedback, I've lowered the price to $34 (shipped) to all, those paying to with paypal or not!

BP - you could have just as easily PM'ed me with your pet peeve, it's not nice, nor appreciated when you clutter other people's posts

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2007, 10:57 PM

not a pet peeve when it's a rule of paypal and this forums. i was just letting you know; and others know who might not have caught what you were doing. have a good night

byteseller  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2007, 12:55 AM

My post is perfectly appropriate. I'm not charging any fees for the use of PP, and the total cost is the same to those using PP or not using PP. No rules have been broken, I am just being very clear about the terms of sale.

If you still believe I'm in violation of some rule, please feel free to report me to the forum admins, Paypal or anyone else. But please stop muddying up my post!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by byteseller View Post
This is the white "stick" shuffle iPod with the build in USB connector (bigger than the newer ones, but I really like this feature). Includes everything that it came with, including: headphones, box, cap, lanyard, etc.

I'm also throwing in a compact (white) USB wall charger -- that makes travelling with the iPod much easier.

Everything is very clean and in good working order -- was only used lightly by my daughter.

$34 (including shipping and PP fees)

Thanks
including paypal fees = the same thing as charging for paypal fees.

honest question: do you think that charging and including do not mean the same thing?

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 19, 2007, 05:53 PM

Brassplayer: his post is perfectly fine. If he said "Asking $34 (or $38 if paying with PayPal), then we would have an issue. This way, however, does nothing of the sort.

Thanks.

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 22, 2007, 10:56 PM

I have an idea.

Change to:

$34
fixed

Forum Links
Forum Rules