Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Order Status Thread

Order Status Thread (Page 6)
AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 09:52 AM

Finally, Ordered Monday, and it's on a FedEx truck heading my way. Woohoo.. Too bad I won't get to play with it much today. I should be able to get on it tomorrow and report such things as battery life, and any other issues it may have (hopefully none!). I'll post the model of the 5400rpm drive in it. Anything else anyone wants to know? I noticed that most receivers of new powerbooks have been slow to repond, guess they're too busy playing. Haha, but I'll put in my initial review on things in the next day or so. Now how can I study for my test tomorrow knowing my powerbook is gonna be here any time now?

AgBlue

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 09:53 AM

Brilliant, so although the tracking page says it's left Luxembourg it hasn't? Thanks Apple/TNT!

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 10:48 AM

mine is in a truck and on its way. If it goes the same way it did with my previous fedex express order, I'll receive it by 3 PM.

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 11:17 AM

I got my Powerbook delivered about an hour ago, and have been playing with it since then. It's my first Mac ever, so I'm trying to figure out where everything is.
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 11:20 AM

Hi UK order status checkers,

Well it looks like TNT have picked up the UK shipments.

You can get the latest tracking information by going to www.tnt.com and clicking on 'express' then inputting the reference number you got from the Apple order status page (select reference, not consignment). This is the reference number from the top-right table cell on Apple's tracking page.

Here's hoping for a Friday delivery.

dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2004, 11:23 AM

mine is out for delivery. happy happy joy joy.

ya know...for some people dimissing this AlBook update as a trivial and unimportant filler speed bump...seems a whole lot of people are buying them
24" iMac 2.13ghz C2D | 15" MBP 2ghz CD | "Soundwave" 60GB 5G iPod

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by vinster:

You can get the latest tracking information by going to www.tnt.com and clicking on 'express' then inputting the reference number you got from the Apple order status page (select reference, not consignment). This is the reference number from the top-right table cell on Apple's tracking page.

Here's hoping for a Friday delivery.
Thank God for that. I'm doubtful I'll get it for tomorrow but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2004, 12:25 PM

Do you mean the TNT Express Worldwide tracking number (starts with 8011 and is 16 digits long)?

If so, mine still isn't showing up but I was a little later than others in placing my order so I guess that is to be expected.

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2004, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by dwishbone:
mine is out for delivery. happy happy joy joy.

ya know...for some people dimissing this AlBook update as a trivial and unimportant filler speed bump...seems a whole lot of people are buying them
I suspect that the people who felt that way have a last generation or so version, so it is just a speed bump to them... but when you're upgrading from the kind of machine in my sig, it is something to get excited about

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by JKT:
Do you mean the TNT Express Worldwide tracking number (starts with 8011 and is 16 digits long)?

If so, mine still isn't showing up but I was a little later than others in placing my order so I guess that is to be expected.
Mine doesn't show up either, and there's nothing at all on the 'Shipment Status' (with the green graphics at the top) page to indicate where it is.

When did you order, and when did yours ship?

-mrwalker

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by mrwalker:
Mine doesn't show up either, and there's nothing at all on the 'Shipment Status' (with the green graphics at the top) page to indicate where it is.

When did you order, and when did yours ship?

-mrwalker
Hi mrwalker,

I ordered on the morning of April 20th. The shipment started on the 23rd and was updated on Apple's page on the 27th and then again today with various signed for codes and a consignment number.

For JKT, yes - it's the number starting with 8011 (when did you order yours?)

dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2004, 12:44 PM

I suspect that the people who felt that way have a last generation or so version, so it is just a speed bump to them... but when you're upgrading from the kind of machine in my sig, it is something to get excited about
i upgraded from a last gen 1ghz TiBook and i couldnt be happier. now where are you fedex truck? need a push?

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2004, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by azt33:
I got my Powerbook delivered about an hour ago, and have been playing with it since then. It's my first Mac ever, so I'm trying to figure out where everything is.
I hope you are charging it while you're playing with it.

AgBlue
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 01:20 PM

Yep, I couldn't agree with you more. I previously had a 700mhz iBook G3 but that broke a few month ago and was beyond repair. In the mean time, I've been using my trusty 1999 Begie G3 tower, and it's been getting me along, but the need for portability and speed is beckoning me. I was thrilled with the updates, as I was getting ready to purchase a 1,999 refurb from Apple. Now instead, I got a top of the line model for the same price.

Anyway, mine is coming in about 30 minutes as soon as my friend drives it over. Woohoo..

AgBlue

t.hill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 02:46 PM

Well, I finally got it today at around 12 EST. It's about 4 days late, but other than that it's perfect!

JimKane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 03:21 PM

Woo hoo! My new PowerBook has arrived. I'm busy installing my apps on it as I type this.

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 04:04 PM

29 Apr 2004_
20:28_
Eindhoven_
Consignment Received At Transit Point_

Looks like I won't be getting it till Tuesday then, thanks TNT for leaving it in a warehouse for two days!

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 05:09 PM

'Lo there, I'm new to MacNN forums.

Well, according to web reference number page my order shipped on the 27th. I recieved a shipping email earlier today which also says that my order has shipped out on the 27th.

However, I am still unable to perform any kind of tracking on my TNT number and the apple shipment status page doesn't give me the location of the package. God knows where it's been for the last few days. I won't see it until tuesday though, as it's bank holiday monday .

According to TNT webpage, their mission is to deliver things as fast as possible I guess they want to do a bulk delivery to the UK.

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 05:23 PM

Originally posted by ewdafa:
According to TNT webpage, their mission is to deliver things as fast as possible I guess they want to do a bulk delivery to the UK.
I sent an e-mail to the AppleStore earlier voicing my concerns over the two day wait from arrival in Europe to TNT actually collecting it. I shall wait and see what their response is....

neoTony
Apr 29, 2004, 06:03 PM

Picked up my 1.5Ghz 17" PB yesterday afternoon. Stock 4200rpm, 64Mb Radeon, and 1.5Gb RAM - it's sweet.

I was really concerned that the 4200 rpm drive wouldn't be fast enough for me - I needn't have worried. Sure, it's slower than the drive in my tower, but it's plenty fast for pretty much everything!

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by 0s and 1s:
I hope you are charging it while you're playing with it.
I am
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by JayTay:
29 Apr 2004_
Eindhoven_

Looks like I won't be getting it till Tuesday then, thanks TNT for leaving it in a warehouse for two days!
Same here Jay...

But just checked again and it looks like it's in motion...

30 Apr 2004_
00:16_
Eindhoven_
Shipped From Originating Depot_

Hopefully this means it's on a plane and then a truck to London in the wee hours of Friday morning and out for delivery. Mustn't get too excited, though, as I don't want to set my expectations and have them dashed.
( Last edited by vinster; Apr 29, 2004 at 06:43 PM. )

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 06:36 PM

'Lo there, I'm new to MacNN forums.

Well, according to web reference number page my order shipped on the 27th. I recieved a shipping email earlier today which also says that my order has shipped out on the 27th.

However, I am still unable to perform any kind of tracking on my TNT number and the apple shipment status page doesn't give me the location of the package. God knows where it's been for the last few days. I won't see it until tuesday though, as it's bank holiday monday .

Hello and welcome.

Hate to dash your hopes of getting a delivery on Tuesday but the shipment e-mail you get from Apple just means that it's left the factory in Asia (your Powebook's probably in Shanghai, China). They're delivered to Luxembourg and go through customs before TNT gets them. After that, you can start tracking on TNT's site.

JayTay
Apr 29, 2004, 06:47 PM

Oh, hang on:

30 Apr 2004_
Eindhoven_

Well that's something, assuming it arrives in the UK tomorrow morning I don't think it's going to reach me in Norwich by the afternoon unfortunately. Bah.

Anyway, the e-mail address I sent my feedback to was [email protected]

vinster
Senior User
Apr 29, 2004, 07:04 PM

Oh, hang on:

30 Apr 2004_
Eindhoven_

Well that's something, assuming it arrives in the UK tomorrow morning I don't think it's going to reach me in Norwich by the afternoon unfortunately. Bah.

Anyway, the e-mail address I sent my feedback to was [email protected]
My hopes are with you that we'll both get our powerbooks tomorrow. I'm thinking, if it ends up at a depot in the UK this weekend, would TNT let me collect it? (probably not, but I will be ringing them anyway if this is what happens)

BTW: That e-mail address (uk.consumer...) is fitting about how I feel right now after reading everyone's worldwide delivery experiences, "uk.consumer, the ones who always get the short end of the stick."
( Last edited by vinster; Apr 29, 2004 at 07:18 PM. )

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2004, 07:41 PM

Hello and welcome.

Hate to dash your hopes of getting a delivery on Tuesday but the shipment e-mail you get from Apple just means that it's left the factory in Asia (your Powebook's probably in Shanghai, China). They're delivered to Luxembourg and go through customs before TNT gets them. After that, you can start tracking on TNT's site.
Hmm perhaps. I find it kind of hard to believe it takes 3 days to get from Shanghai to Luxembourg though. I'll see what happens with the status tomorrow.

Apple have a very bizarre system going on.

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2004, 08:33 PM

Actually I can believe that with stops and customs checks. It takes a couple days to get to the U.S., but they cross the international date line so they gain back a day. To Europe they don't cross it (other direction) so you don't get benefit.

Hmm perhaps. I find it kind of hard to believe it takes 3 days to get from Shanghai to Luxembourg though. I'll see what happens with the status tomorrow.

Apple have a very bizarre system going on.
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 4GB ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2004, 09:10 PM

I ordered a 12" PB with Superdrive this morning. Not BTO, just standard issue. It was ordered at the local Campus Computer store (University of Western Ontario). The manager (Al Neal) said they'd been coming in in less than a week. Really looking forward to it.

JayTay
Apr 30, 2004, 04:12 AM

Well:

30 Apr 2004_
07:22_
Stansted_
Out For Delivery_

Fingers crossed for today then!

vinster
Senior User
Apr 30, 2004, 04:51 AM

Well:

30 Apr 2004_
Stansted_
Out For Delivery_

Fingers crossed for today then!
Me too Jay! Fingers crossed.

Will update the thread once it's in my hands!

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 04:54 AM

At last, some action:

30 Apr 2004_
00:10_
Eindhoven_

To all others trying to track their orders in the UK, the reference number you need to use on this page: http://www.tnt.com is the first 10 digits of any of the tracking numbers on the Apple Store page with the green graphics at the top (A plane, a van & an open box)

You might have only one number of exactly 10 digits if there is one item only in the order

JayTay - where there any stages in between 'Shipped From Originating Depot' and 'Out for Delivery'?

-mrwalker

krassy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2004, 04:54 AM

whohoo ! i've got mine!!! after i canceled my order and set a new order from another local dealer i got my 12" PowerBook today(!!!) instead of sometime after the 6th of may ... *lol* this thing is really a beauty!!!!!!

i'm in germany and "cancom" had 5 of this little things for immediate delivery on tuesday - that's why i ordered from them :-)

JKT
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2004, 05:03 AM

For JKT, yes - it's the number starting with 8011 (when did you order yours?)
Hi, I ordered it on the 23rd and it "shipped" on the 26th. Still no joy on the tracking pages, but that's probably because I'm three days behind you. I suppose it could reach the Netherlands on Sunday or Monday... UK on Tuesday, perhaps. Anyway, looks like you'll have yours today or tomorrow, so enjoy

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2004, 05:03 AM

I think you could very well be right about me not recieving it until after tuesday.

I'm still unable to use any of the tracking pages. I did order an extra battery with my powerbook, in the email they said 7-10 days for that. So perhaps that is holding it up .

It's sort of funny, the BTO powerbook, backpack and software were only 1-3 days each.

*snifffff* Well I'm gonna be going cold turkey this weekend so you lot better post lots of pictures and other stuff.

JayTay
Apr 30, 2004, 06:21 AM

Just got home to find a slip from TNT showing that I missed the delivery by 8 minutes! However, just called them and they will be heading back to me by 1pm.

mrwalker, my tracking with TNT went as follows (in reverse order):

0 Apr 2004_
Stansted_
Out For Delivery_

30 Apr 2004_
05:42_
Stansted_
Import Received_

30 Apr 2004_
03:05_
London Stansted Airport_

30 Apr 2004_
Eindhoven_

29 Apr 2004_
Eindhoven_
Consignment Received At Transit Point

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2004, 06:24 AM

Hi, I ordered it on the 23rd and it "shipped" on the 26th. Still no joy on the tracking pages, but that's probably because I'm three days behind you. I suppose it could reach the Netherlands on Sunday or Monday... UK on Tuesday, perhaps. --snip--
I'm in the same time frame 23rd, Ship 26th (or was it the 27th.. can't remember)... but my tracking page has gone, and comes up with a proxie error .... phoned apple who tell me that the shipment is now in Luxumburg.... should be with me Tues / Wed next week.. so guess we'll just have to sit back and wait

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

vinster
Senior User
Apr 30, 2004, 06:53 AM

My time posting in this thread has come to a close as my new PowerBook arrived about 20 minutes ago!

I can hardly wait to get home and start using it.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 07:05 AM

Just got home to find a slip from TNT showing that I missed the delivery by 8 minutes! However, just called them and they will be heading back to me by 1pm.
I just spoke to TNT, and for some reason they are transporting my Powerbook from Eindhoven, Netherlands to Edinburgh, Scotland by road!

Expected delivery is Wednesday 5th May

WTF?

-mrwalker

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2004, 07:24 AM

I wonder if there is a typo on my tnt information, same layout as jaytay's above, however the import received has location Eindhoven.

JayTay
Apr 30, 2004, 07:55 AM

WhooHoo, it just arrived! Am typing on it now!

dwishbone
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2004, 08:44 AM

my powerbook arrive yesterday afternoon. beeeeeautiful

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2004, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by mrwalker:
I just spoke to TNT, and for some reason they are transporting my Powerbook from Eindhoven, Netherlands to Edinburgh, Scotland by road!

Expected delivery is Wednesday 5th May

WTF?

-mrwalker
Oh dear god. I'm also having mine sent to Edinburgh.

vandelay
Apr 30, 2004, 10:18 AM

BTO 17", 5400 RPM drive, 128MB 9700, 512MB RAM arrived early this afternoon via TNT!
I�m upgrading from a iBook 600, so this is quite a step up.
Screen looks great, no dead pixels. The only thing that bothers me is, i don�t have any time to play with it for the next 8 hours or so

Other than that

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 10:18 AM

Oh dear god. I'm also having mine sent to Edinburgh.
On a positive note, the truck is on its way here. I'm assuming the driver's not going to stop to take the weekend off. Hopefully it'll be in town tomorrow and I'll be able to pick it up from TNT

-mrwalker

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 10:39 AM

Edinburgh!!! i hope mine doesn't go through there!!! i live near london so hoping stansted. I ordered mine BTO (1.5GHz 15.2/512/128/combo/80gig@5400) on the 25 at like 23:30, afternoon of the 26 it said it shipped and the only thing i can find out about it is:

Shipment Picked Up
_(CNSHA02)
_26 Apr 2004 14:04

now where the h*ll is (CNSHA02)!!??

but on the order status: summery page (when you go through the order status link at the online apple store) it says: Carrier : TNT Nederland B.V. so im assuming its in the netherlands but thats a little quick. i wish there was just a box saying 'your order is here <country, region, or out for delivery>' would stop all the confusion with simpletons like me!!!!

hope you all get your PBs soon (especially everyone in the UK!), and in VERY jealous of anyone who's already received there's!!!!

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by dodo_nutter: now where the h*ll is (CNSHA02)!!??
CN = China, SHA = Shanghai, 02 = ??

Just guessing

-mrwalker
( Last edited by mrwalker; Apr 30, 2004 at 11:47 AM. )

MRTrauffer
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 11:04 AM

I just ordered a 15 inch with 128 MB Video, 5400 RPM HD, 1 stick 512 RAM, with Combo drive (couldn't justify the superdrive). I'm upgrading from an iBook G4 to do some video work.

My order was placed via the online Apple Store on Wednesday, 4/28, and it shipped this morning!! FedEx says that it should be delivered on Monday.
I gotta have more cowbell.

dodo_nutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 11:47 AM

AHHHH...mrwalker you may just be a genius!!

Well lets just hope it turns up next week...im spending as much time as i can at home and not at college!! but knowing my luck it'll turn up on the 14th! hope not though.

troymurray
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2004, 12:24 PM

I'm trying to determine the length of time between order and arrival for these units. It's great that people are starting to receive them now. If I could make a humble request, could you please post your order date and your arrival date as well as your config. if you purchased from the online Apple Store.

This way the rest of us can be encouraged if we see them starting to arrive on or near the date that we ordered them.

Thanks in advanced!
Troy Murray

K107
Apr 30, 2004, 03:19 PM

I placed my order on 4/22 and it shipped out on 4/27. With an Estimated delivery of 5/1. It left SACRAMENTO, CA on 4/27 at 11:30am. I live in NEW YORK. Shouldn't there be a check point were this package gets scanned again or pass on to another truck. My brother is making fun of me saying someone stole it. HAHA very funny but he did bring up the point that it should have been through another check point. Unless the driver is driving it all the way to NEW YORK. If he is that a bitch of a trip. What to you people think??

Forum Links
Forum Rules