Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where to get bluetooth for Mac Pro

Where to get bluetooth for Mac Pro
EricTheRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 20, 2008, 01:45 PM

My 1st generation Mac Pro does not have bluetooth. I want bluetooth. Apple will not sell me a bluetooth module or tell me the correct part number because they have deemed that the little bluetooth card is not user installable (yet a power supply or mother board are—go figure). At any-rate, I'd like to get my hands on bluetooth module.

Can anybody confirm that the correct bluetooth module for a 2006 Mac Pro is part number is 922-6784 (Model A1115 pictured below) and where I can get one? Thanks folks!

EricTheRed  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 20, 2008, 02:26 PM

Never mind. I was able to order MA687ZM/A through Amazon. Who knew?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2008, 11:28 AM

Typically, Apple won't sell parts directly to users (that are not user installable), but a non-Apple Mac service place will.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

EricTheRed  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 21, 2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Typically, Apple won't sell parts directly to users (that are not user installable), but a non-Apple Mac service place will.
The irony is that I used to be an Apple VAR in the 90s selling into the printing industry.

EricTheRed  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 22, 2008, 01:20 AM

Follow-up. To Apple's credit an Apple rep called me back today to tell me how I could get bluetooth. It involved trips to the store. I shared with him that I'd already scored a card off of Amazon and he confirmed that Apple VARs (they still exist) will sell unobtainum Apple bits.

Forum Links
Forum Rules