Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Clamshell ibook, offering 250$ shipped

WTB: Clamshell ibook, offering 250$ shipped
evildede
Jul 24, 2005, 08:44 PM

I'll be getting a powerbook at the end of they year so I'd like a little something in the meantime that I could then give to my younger sister when I get my powerbook and since I thought the clamshell ibooks looked really cool I thought I'd get one. I only have 250$ but I could go up to 300$ if it's really worth it. Those prices do have to include shipping though but I don't really care for speed though I'l like it if it was priority as it doesn't cost too much.

I don't really mind the color as long as the ibook itself is in good looking condition and good working order. I'd also really like a model that has an airport card so I can use it on a wireless network. Since I don't have any Mac software then I'd also really appreciate it if it came with it or if you could do me a fresh install before sending it.

So please post your offers in here prefferably with pics and also PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]. Please give me as much info as possible. Thank you very much!

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 24, 2005, 09:20 PM

URL edited: It was actually sold. Sorry, I was trying to hook you up with one.

Try Ebay, their must be a ton of them.

evildede  (op)
Jul 24, 2005, 09:29 PM

I've seen a few auctions on ebay and have 1 or 2 in my bookmarks right now but I thought maybe someone here had one for sale.

but thanks anyway for trying to help me out!

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 24, 2005, 09:54 PM

No problem, thought I had a link for you. Maybe someone will post to you a nice Clamshell iBook.

Good luck to you.

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 03:01 AM

I have an Indigo Clamshell, 366mhz, usb, firewire, 10 gig hd, 320 megs ram, 2 good batteries, good yo-yo power supply and Airport card. The screen is in perfect condition. The case is in good condition (just the normal use minor abrasions and scratches). The keyboard and trackpad are in as new condition. I'm thinking about selling it. The problem is that the shipping to Canada from Southern California is going to be quite high (plus you're going to have to pay import duties). I'd have to get at least $375 (Yankee greenbacks) - shipping included to make it worth my while.

ichoosedeath
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 09:58 AM

MacOfAllTrades has a decent deal on an a late model Graphite Clamshell:

http://www.macofalltrades.com/produc...G5BEAF4SJB7478

A little more than I think you wanted to spend, but it's definately a good deal.
Insert Braggable Computer Specs Here: Mine's bigger than yours.

andi*pandi
Jul 25, 2005, 02:40 PM

dammit, all gone now. I was looking for a clamshell too. Ebay is very limited. Other online links?

Louis_SX
Jul 25, 2005, 03:00 PM

Wegener Media has some clamshells (which are a big lacking on RAM, I'll grant) for about 280:

http://wegenermedia.com/ibk300bby.htm

evildede  (op)
Jul 25, 2005, 04:33 PM

PM sent!

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 04:35 PM

andi*pandi - how much are you willing to pay for my Clamshell? Don't forget it has the extra ram, a firewire port, extra battery and Airport card.

andi*pandi
Jul 25, 2005, 04:43 PM

xray, I'm looking to use it as a dvd player, and i understood the blue ones don't have that?

evildede  (op)
Jul 26, 2005, 05:17 PM

just wanted to let everyone know I finally bought one on another Mac forum and I am going to pay a lot less than I thought (though it's also a little less powerful). So thanks to anyone who tried to help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules