Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I just got an Apple ][e (//e)

I just got an Apple ][e (//e)
daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Feb 20, 2002, 09:35 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Apr 23, 2004 at 04:36 PM. )

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2002, 09:38 PM

Play Ultima on it...
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

daimoni  (op)
Occasionally Quoted
Feb 20, 2002, 09:53 PM

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2002, 10:15 PM

ooh. you can play lemonade and oregon trail!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 21, 2002, 02:16 AM

I remember there was Jungle Hunt, Chiverly, Orgon trail the best. It was all good untill we set our empty Flav-o-Ice on the 5.25 disks and ruined all of our great games. Ah memory lane back when I was, what 9.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2002, 02:54 AM

Cripes, I saw one back in the fall sitting in a box on the curb. Apple //e, Apple green monitor, and 1 disk drive! FREE!
I just figured I didn't want more crap filling up my apartment, and I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, not having touched one since 1985
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2002, 03:46 AM

A few years ago, I had a summer job working at a local school district (K-8) fixing computers and doing technology inventory. One of the schools had a closet filled with old Apple II, Macintosh, and even a few "IBM compatible" computers as well as old peripherals to go with them. The oldest computers were the black Apple II (not even II+) made for Bell+Howell (and apparently later donated to this school district). You can read all about this in The Mac Bathroom Reader - the black Apple II's, not the closet at the school.

It was tempting to steal something from this closet. (I never did.) Just looking in this closet was a rush of nostaliga from my childhood.

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: Adam Silver ]

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Feb 21, 2002, 10:39 AM

I did the same thing for a school district, and found a TRS80 on a shelf in a unused locker room. I wanted so much to grab it and gut it and place a monitor in it and hook it up to my Duel 500 G4. I wonder what people would have said when I showed them my computer!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 21, 2002, 10:46 AM

Anyone ever play the edu-tainment math game when your trapped in a maze of caverns and such and you have to answer math questions to find your way out?

I used to play it ALL THE TIME in 2nd grade, it was kinda lame but it had some cool characters and the questions were fairly easy.

C'mon now I'm not crazy am I? Somebody else has had to of played that game.....

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2002, 11:37 AM

Bell + Howells are proof that black computers go faster!

My Grade 7 shop teacher had one with matching black drives and monitor. Too cool watching Locksmith 6 run on that thing.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2002, 11:56 AM

I love lemonade stand and oregon trail! the school my mom teaches at has that game still on the 5.25" disks...too bad its a church school, or I'd steal!

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 21, 2002, 01:03 PM

As a matter of fact I forgot I used an Apple IIe for our science experiment in physics this year. my teacher is a big mac fan so al the more easier to get a good grade, anyway, in our lab we have about 8 working in raher nice condition apple IIe all with Vernier software that is connected to photogates that when you slide a film with black boxs on it it can register open of closed, we then used the software to time the accelsration of the cart when it is atached to a weight and a pully. Now that is technology that stands over time. This year they invested somthing like 800 bucks for some Ti 83s with software and gadgets that will replace them but they never seemed to get them to work, so we used the apple IIe.

Last year in Chem, I had the same teacher and we used the Apple IIe with the same software with temperatur probs and calcutaled the temperature change when adding two reactants together.

Danm that was good time and brought me back to the old school days.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

surfacto
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 21, 2002, 01:17 PM

I learned to type using Type Attack on an Apple IIe. That was a great learning game! Do they have anything like that for kids today?

BRE
Feb 21, 2002, 01:45 PM

I used to have one. The coolest program I had was Cranston Manor. Pretty cool game, for its time.

daimoni  (op)
Occasionally Quoted
Feb 21, 2002, 01:45 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules