Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Pro as PS3 remote

Macbook Pro as PS3 remote
migel628
Dec 8, 2008, 04:27 PM

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but is it possible to use the Bluetooth connection on the MBP to control a PS3, kind of like a remote or controller. I usually have my MBP in front of me and figure it would be easier/more fun to use that instead of the PS3 controller.

migel628  (op)
Dec 13, 2008, 01:06 PM

I can't believe that no one has thought to do this.

hadocon
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2008, 01:12 PM

It involves having your computer spoof itself as a BT keyboard/mouse. I've looked into this about 4 years ago for another project. It's not easy to write software that will do this and it's got very limited (current) usefulness.

Don't hold your breath.
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2008, 02:30 PM

Why don't just buy the wireless Logitech PS3 keyboard?, which is Bluetooth BTW… just curious. Anyhow, I fail to see the point, I mean, PS3 controller is not the Wii controller but it has to be better than to use a laptop as controller.

migel628  (op)
Dec 23, 2008, 12:06 AM

No real point other than to do it. Just figured it would be something fun to do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules