Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > [FS] Upgraded G4 Tower (1.5GHz G4, ATI 9000, 1gig ram, etc)

[FS] Upgraded G4 Tower (1.5GHz G4, ATI 9000, 1gig ram, etc)
superfula
Senior User
May 15, 2006, 04:52 PM

This is originally a 400MHz G4 (Digital Audio) which I used for over a year as a file server. When I sold my Powerbook some time ago, I upgraded the hell out of it and it's been my main (and only) Mac.

dual 1.4 GHz G4 GigaDesign (overclocked to 1.53 with zero problems)
1 gig ram
ATI 9800Pro
NEC ND-3540A (dual layer dvd burner)
Seagate 250gig SATA (may or may not include this, depending if I have enough space on the pc to backup to)
SATA and USB add-on cards
D-Link Bluetooth dongle (DWB-120M)
upgraded serial port modem (I installed it some time ago, but haven't used it in ages)
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
original USB Apple keyboard and mouse

Zero problems so far. I'm selling it as I enjoy trying out different Macs rather than keep the same one for awhile. It's been a great Mac, but I'm itching to try out the Intel machines.

I will include the original 400MHz processor and heat sink. My roommate just bought an older Mac, and he called dibs on my copy of OS X 10.4. However, I do have all the original discs for this machine (10.0, etc). I should also have all the original boxes/books for the upgrades.

I'd love to get 950+shipping/Paypal fees (obo), and will gladly drop the price a bit if I decide not the include the harddrive. If you have any questions at all, contact me through the board or via AIM-chaddwyk/MSN-superchad at msn dot com/email-superfula at nielsnet dot com

( Last edited by superfula; May 15, 2006 at 05:25 PM. )

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
May 15, 2006, 08:19 PM

Sorry to intrude on your thread. I'm not an interested buyer, being that I just sold my only Mac on eBay last night. But, I'm interested in what you plan to replace your machine with, once sold....

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 15, 2006, 08:55 PM

No worries. I haven't quite decided what to get yet. Since I have the pc, I may get a Macbook, depending on the specs.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
May 15, 2006, 09:04 PM

Have you stress tested the CPUs at 1.53 for any length of time? Something like SETI or RC5-72... etc.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 15, 2006, 11:46 PM

I stressed it after about a week of normal usage. I used SETI, then xbench and some Quake/Unreal for kicks.

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 17, 2006, 09:23 PM

She's still available. If 950.00 is too much, feel free to throw some (reasonable) offers out. If I don't hear much else in the next couple days, I'll eBay it.

superfula  (op)
Senior User
May 22, 2006, 06:21 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules