Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Dashboard web clip widgets broken after Safari 4 update

Dashboard web clip widgets broken after Safari 4 update
Simon
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2009, 03:26 AM

So ever since I upgraded to Safari 4 (on 10.5.7) the web clip widgets in my Dashboard are broken.

When I launch Dashboard, in place of the web clips I get either a black surface, a cached still image (in the case of animated gifs), or a gray surface with 'web clip' labels. If I manually reload the widget (cmd-r) it will update properly. It won't stick though if I quit Dashboard and then launch it again. Even if I do these steps within seconds of each other.

I have tried deleting the the web clip widgets and making them again from scratch with Safari 4. Didn't help. Restarts didn't help. Force quitting dashboard client doesn't help.

Any ideas what I could do to get proper Dashboard behavior back again?

Simon  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jul 29, 2009, 03:33 PM

Nothing?

Simon  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 2, 2009, 03:15 AM

So can somebody at least point out to me where stuff life caches, prefs, etc. are stored for Dashboard web clips?

Simon  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2009, 04:18 AM

FTR, I eventually managed to fix the problem by simply deleting and recreating the web clip widgets several times. It took a couple of iterations, but now they all seem to load properly. Still no idea what caused the problems to start. All I know is it started after the Safari 4 update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules