Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3, Wii or XB360

View Poll Results: Which ones would it have to be ?
Poll Options:
Sony PlayStation 3 203 votes (32.02%)
Nintendo Wii 329 votes (51.89%)
Microsoft XBox 360 213 votes (33.60%)
None 34 votes (5.36%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll
PS3, Wii or XB360 (Page 114)
Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2008, 01:01 PM

Having just finished Metroid Prime 3, i popped in Okami (I have yet to finish SMG or Z&W, and a bunch of GCN games )

When i first saw the game on the PS2 i was blown away the style that the artists brought to the table was truly outstanding. And that includes the paper filter. in fact i think the paper filer had as much of an impact on the 'look and feel' of the game that the cell shading and Japanese art-style in the game.

I really wanted this game on the Wii, in fact this and SotC are the 2 games i most wanted on the PS2(which i never owned). My roommate at the time did, and thats where i first saw Okami.

I just got this game and popped it in a few days ago, and although i haven't even played through the first level, i can say that i am pretty disappointed at the over saturation of colors and the missing paper filter effect.

Why ? because the original artists that created the original piece of art put it in for a good reason and brought forth an entirely different look to the game. it wasnt intended to look the way it does on the Wii imo. Omitting it was probably a sign of laziness. When they first announced that it would come to the Wii, they said it would be unchanged, i was overjoyed, cause i didnt want any half-arsed mini games and stuff tacked on.

Then after they released it, there was the shocking lack of attention to detail..... first they got that IGN logo on the cover, then several reviews state that the frame rate was not nailed down, so it retailed the framerate dipps from the PS2, then they didn't include the credits of the staff from clover studios(the guys who originally made the game), and worst yet.... when i popped it into the Wii, the initial cut scene just befre the menu comes up, where amateratsu is running, looks like it wasnt even re-compressed for the Wii as the paper filter is apparently prominent and the colors look just like the original. The criticisms arent so much about the game itself as they are about the Wii port specifically. it just feels rushed, unpolished and unintended.

So far i regret this purchase as the studio responsible for the port did a very poor job of it with no attention to detail what-so-ever, and blatant disrespect and disregard for the original creators.

If i had a PS2, i would have picked up the PS2 version of this game instead of the Wii version.

Cheers

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2008, 02:02 PM

Anyone else play Castle Crashers? It's a pretty typical 3/4 topdown side-scrolling brawler, only it has a ton of humor, great art and you get to level up your characters.

It's $15 on Xbox Live Arcade and is worth every penny. Well, I guess I should say that it's worth every penny if you have people to play with. By yourself it wouldn't be as much fun.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 16, 2008, 02:08 PM

Yeah, I keep noticing you playing it.

starman
Clinically Insane
Sep 18, 2008, 08:55 AM

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by starman View Post
I guess that is kinda funny..... But if you find THAT funny, i strongly suggest you proceed with CAUTION to the link below .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZoeobLzBv8

Lord Kryn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2008, 03:02 AM

Hey guys!

This is my first post although I'll admit I've been watching and reading threads on these forums for a while now very intently.

I've finally decided to join so now I might be commenting on some of the things I read. ^^

Anyways, about this thread: the PS3 has continually been tested and proven to be the superior gaming console of this "generation", although its full capabilities have not been entirely used therefore rendering it only slightly ahead of the XBox360. On the topic of the Nintendo Wii, the decision by Nintendo to create such a console where a lot of the games make the most of the controller's movement detecting capabilities is seemingly a great move. Sales for the Wii have been generous but when comparing it to the Xbox or Playstation, do a little bit of research and you'll find that the Wii is actually very limited, mainly because of its lack of power compared to the other two.

Therefore I think the Wii will only hit it off with kids, or children at heart. Yes - it's fun for a week-end, maybe 3 weeks, but after that it's the game titles that you'll be striving for, not the motion-sensing (what's more the Playstation is using this technology already with their controller). So it's really up to the Xbox360 and Playstation 3, personally I don't see how devoted Mac-fans could vote for a Microsoft product *wink* *wink*, but apart from that it's really up to your own taste, though more and more gaming companies are choosing the Playstation 3 over the Xbox360 as their primary targeted gaming console.

Kryn

PS: Please note - I'm basing my judging mainly on facts, as you can see I'm not throwing out arguments based on my taste and preferences.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Kryn View Post
the PS3 has continually been tested and proven to be the superior gaming console of this "generation"

PS: Please note - I'm basing my judging mainly on facts, as you can see I'm not throwing out arguments based on my taste and preferences.
Sorry, but where are the facts of that statement? From everything I've seen of the games thus far, the *only* thing the PS3 can hold over the 360 is the larger disc size. But the 360 has a better GPU and a much better scaling chip, which leads many cross-platform games to look better on the 360 than the PS3.

If I were basing my judging on facts I'd have to say it's pretty much a tie. Maybe in a few years that will be different, and the PS3 will move ahead. But right now that is simply not the case.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2008, 05:15 PM

goMac
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Kryn View Post
Therefore I think the Wii will only hit it off with kids, or children at heart. Yes - it's fun for a week-end, maybe 3 weeks, but after that it's the game titles that you'll be striving for, not the motion-sensing (what's more the Playstation is using this technology already with their controller). So it's really up to the Xbox360 and Playstation 3, personally I don't see how devoted Mac-fans could vote for a Microsoft product *wink* *wink*, but apart from that it's really up to your own taste, though more and more gaming companies are choosing the Playstation 3 over the Xbox360 as their primary targeted gaming console.
I think there was a burp in the server. It seems that a post from two years ago just got added to the thread...
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2008, 11:25 AM

Maybe yesterday was Opposite Day.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a View Post
That video was taken down i guess... here's the video on gametrailers http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/273484.html

Enjoy

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2008, 03:23 PM

Well I got the red ring today on my 360 (manufacture date is 06/2006), so its lasted 2 and a bit years. I'm the last one of my friends and family to have an original Xbox 360.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 5, 2008, 05:39 PM

Wow, talk about an ancient 360

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Oct 6, 2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
Well I got the red ring today on my 360 (manufacture date is 06/2006), so its lasted 2 and a bit years. I'm the last one of my friends and family to have an original Xbox 360.

RIP, ajprice's 360.

It's kind of like going to a funeral for a really old person: you hate that they died, but you can't really be sad for them since they lived such a long, full life.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2008, 06:41 AM

Thanks jb.

Its sitting here on my desk now boxed up and waiting for the UPS guy to come and get it, then over to Germany it goes for repair/replacement (hopefully).

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2008, 08:54 AM

The new Dashboard is set to drop Nov. 19. Which means anther month yet before I get to do Netflix streaming on my 360.
Bastards.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2008, 06:41 AM

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10...heap-20gb-hdd/

The new dashboard requires storage on the console, so MS are offering a free Xbox memory card or refurb 20GB hard drive to Core/Arcade owners. I'm wondering what this means for the Arcade system from now on, will they have to put a memory card in the box as standard or will they drop the Arcade and make the hard drive a standard feature?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2008, 08:06 AM

My 360 is coming back from repair now, and I've had an email from MS with the UPS tracking code etc, and a link to this page about downloaded content - http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/postrepair.htm

Is that referring to having different people's accounts on the same Xbox, or do I really have to re-download everything in my history to get it to work for me again? I'm confused.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2008, 11:41 AM

You have to re-download everything, but your license information is stored in your gamertag.

So at least you don't have to re-buy them.

I suppose if you downloaded a lot of stuff off XBL this is going to be a huge pain in the ass for you.

(this is the main reason I asked to keep my original HDD when I got my 3rd 360)

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Would it be odd if I said that power button, along with that statement, appear to be flicking you off? Seriously, it never occurred to me before, but a power button seems like a fist with that little middle finger up.
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
You have to re-download everything, but your license information is stored in your gamertag.

I suppose if you downloaded a lot of stuff off XBL this is going to be a huge pain in the ass for you.

Seriously ? your on your third XB360 unit ? have you ever owned another electronic product that needed to be replaced so many times in the same timeframe ?

No offense, but i really dont understand why people put up with Microsoft to such an extent, it really baffles(and annoys) me, when such shady business tactics and questionable quality from this company sees any degree of success in the market place after what they did to personal computing.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2008, 02:26 PM

Oh and to those of you who own Wiis or have home PCs(Windows), check out World of Goo. Best DLC i've ever paid for. Art, music, puzzles, style, personality... it's all there.

That unquantifiable thing that makes games(and any content) great, is in this game. Go buy it.

Cheers

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2008, 02:39 PM

Seriously ? your on your third XB360 unit ? have you ever owned another electronic product that needed to be replaced so many times in the same timeframe ?
Nope, it is the most poorly-designed piece of hardware I've ever bought. With some of the best software around... In fact, I've never owned anything that failed more than once, and the only thing that failed once was my Rev D iMac.

No offense, but i really dont understand why people put up with Microsoft to such an extent, it really baffles(and annoys) me, when such shady business tactics and questionable quality from this company sees any degree of success in the market place after what they did to personal computing.
None taken. I bought the replacement plan from Best Buy for 60 bucks. My first one didn't even have the RRoD, but it acted strange so I got a brand new replacement. That one got the RRoD and I had it replaced with my current one, they even let me hang on to my HDD (which is certainly not a problem in 360s). Also, I was able to purchase a new two-year replacement plan for SEVEN dollars. I almost expect this one to die too, but who cares, I have a Best Buy like 5 minutes from here and I get a new controller out of the deal.

I love the games for the 360, case closed. I despise the Wii now that I've had time using it (and seen my friends let it collect dust for months) I could go PS3, but I've never been a Playstation owner, just Nintendo and Microsoft.

The original Xbox was marvelous. Quiet, powerful, reliable. MS dropped the ball trying to be the first out of the gate with the 360, it may have helped them in the short term but the 360 is a running joke of poor performance.

That said when GoW 2 comes out I will own 13 360 games, more than I've bought for multiple systems put together in the past.

That speaks volumes. The game developers are pushing the limit of awesomeness, the 360 has the power but is riddled with hardware flaws.

Personally, I can't understand why anyone would buy a 360 without some sort of replacement plan, screw sending it in to be fixed.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2008, 02:42 PM

Not to repeat sek, but it says a lot about the 360s games, and the competition, that 360 owners keep going back.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2008, 02:49 PM

Exactly, I'm a ****ing snobby-assed Mac user for christsakes, if the 360 didn't have something redeeming about it you would bet I'd have a PS3 hooked up to my TV right now.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post

I did keep hold of my HDD, they only ask for the base unit to be sent to them.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2008, 03:44 AM

I agree with the above posts, the 360 has fantastic games (and even better ones coming out)

I worry about the PS3. The online bit is clunky compared to 360, the triggers on the controllers blow chunks. My PS3 is relegated to being a fancy Blu-Ray player only (and MGS4 and Sega Rally)

Sony really needs to invest in some games studios of Lionhead calibre.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2008, 05:02 AM

Sek, 13 games... mind listing em ? the two i envy on the XB360 are Gears1 and BioShock. The PS3.... none, was hoping to see team ICO's project in the news from TGS, but that didnt happen. By the way, are any of the current retail PS3's capable of playing Shadow of the Colossus, ICO and Okami ?

Cheers

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2008, 02:13 PM

Gears of War, Bioshock, Forza 2, Dead or Alive 4, The Orange Box, F.E.A.R., Condemned 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Halo 3, GTA IV.

So it'll actually be 12 once I buy GoW 2, so I lied

My favorites are H3 (duh) Orange Box and Bioshock.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2008, 02:35 PM

I was tempted by The Orange Box, but on another forum people said that (for TF2 in particular) there weren't many on-line gamers. Maybe this is a Europe centric view though. Do you TF2 Sek ?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2008, 02:38 PM

Nope, I'm a heretic, I've actually never tried it. I LOVE the Half Life 2 series and Portal is a 5 star game to boot.

I wouldn't know about the amount of online matches, but Chuckit (Charlie Blue) plays all the time.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I was tempted by The Orange Box, but on another forum people said that (for TF2 in particular) there weren't many on-line gamers. Maybe this is a Europe centric view though. Do you TF2 Sek ?
If you want to play TF2 you have to get it for the PC, *not* the 360. Tons of players there and it's very well supported.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2008, 02:52 PM

Well that sucks. I thought that it was bad enough having to fork out for a Xbox so that I could play some decent games, I'm not getting a PC as well. It'll just have to be CoD:WaW and GOW2 then.

Geofries
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2008, 03:10 PM

Here is my two cents:

I do not see how anyone who is concered with playing the best games out can justify not having a 360. It is not about Microsoft. I could care LESS about them.

What I desire is a wide selection of AAA titles from all genres, and this generation the 360 nailed it, hard.

Most ignorant people like to say that the 360 is for shooter fans. This is the biggest misconception. In general, I abhor shooters.

But not only did the 360 nail the shooter category this go around, it nailed the RPG category with a vengance. And I am an RPG man. It has the best western and japanese RPG's out and to come.

Brand loyalty is for idiots. If the PS3 had the widest choice and quality selection I'd have a PS3. And that's what makes me a gamer, not a loser following a company.

If you're about the GAMES, you either own a 360 or you're not about the games.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2008, 04:23 PM

...or the games you need (GT5, Metroid, etc) are only on a certain system.

I have no brand loyalty when it comes to consoles, only game loyalty.

Edit: Also, Geofries, it's "I couldn't care less"
( Last edited by sek929; Oct 17, 2008 at 04:31 PM. )

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2008, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Geofries View Post
Here is my two cents:

I do not see how anyone who is concered with playing the best games out can justify not having a 360. It is not about Microsoft. I could care LESS about them.

What I desire is a wide selection of AAA titles from all genres, and this generation the 360 nailed it, hard.

Most ignorant people like to say that the 360 is for shooter fans. This is the biggest misconception. In general, I abhor shooters.

But not only did the 360 nail the shooter category this go around, it nailed the RPG category with a vengance. And I am an RPG man. It has the best western and japanese RPG's out and to come.

Brand loyalty is for idiots. If the PS3 had the widest choice and quality selection I'd have a PS3. And that's what makes me a gamer, not a loser following a company.

If you're about the GAMES, you either own a 360 or you're not about the games.
Well, technically...if you're a 'core' gamer and are really about the games and dont really care about the system theyre played on, you'd own a PC running WindowsXP.

And i do think it's a bit of a fallacy to claim that the XB360 has "AAA titles from all genres, and this generation the 360 nailed it, hard". Going through sek's list, how many of them are 'shooters'(first/third) ? i would hardly call that a diverse list, not that it's a problem cause he probably does like shooters. but not everyone likes shooters, sportsgames and RPGs (I happen to be one of them). how about something like Wii Sports ? adventure games(point and click) which i do like ? puzzlers like 'World of Goo" ? Platformers the calibre of Mario Galaxy ?how does the XB fair in those genres ? Either way, i wouldnt hold the XB360 up as an example of diversity.

As it appears to me (and im pretty sure i'm not ignorant), the XB360 appeals to a certain demographic, that demographic loves shooters, and so developers are catering to that demographic specifically. Doesnt mean that the console itself is meant for shooters cause dual analog is..... archaic. and RPGs...from the news it looks like M$ is so desperate to make a blip in the Japanese market that they are buying the exclusivity to those games (something SONY probably cannot afford to at this point). unfortunately for them, those two genres have limited appeal in the mass market, and hence they try and copy what SONY did with the 'HD-DVD' adn , which failed.... and now they are copying Nintendo with 'avitars' and 'channels'.

As a person who does care about the entire experience, good....i mean 'desirable' software does not justify faulty hardware. The fact that a faulty product is made by Microsoft is coincidental but not surprising. i just feel sorry for the consumers who put up with it cause of their initial investment and cannot get a full refund (which is probably why they 'stick with it'... sorta like with any 'platform' Microsoft makes).

Cheers
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Oct 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM. )

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2008, 08:19 AM

I don't like shooters, mainly because I'm crap at them and always have been since I tried to play Doom. Its a lot to do with having no sense of direction and getting lost in the places . I'm all for the puzzles and driving games though, and the 360 has been good for that (and will be again when I get it back next week )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2008, 04:06 PM

And i do think it's a bit of a fallacy to claim that the XB360 has "AAA titles from all genres, and this generation the 360 nailed it, hard". Going through sek's list, how many of them are 'shooters'(first/third) ? i would hardly call that a diverse list.
That speaks more to my preference, and not the majority of games for the 360. You don't honestly believe that my list represents most of the 360s AAA library?

Doesnt mean that the console itself is meant for shooters cause dual analog is..... archaic.
<sigh> I got news for you, a gimmicky motion control system (that had to be fixed with an add-on mind you) isn't the bees knees either.

Yes, the idea is nifty, but the actual implementation of it in the games I've played has been poor to average at best.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2008, 06:55 PM

Well, technically...if you're a 'core' gamer and are really about the games and dont really care about the system theyre played on, you'd own a PC running WindowsXP.
How the heck did you come to this conclusion?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2008, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
I don't like shooters, mainly because I'm crap at them and always have been since I tried to play Doom. Its a lot to do with having no sense of direction and getting lost in the places
Same issues here, albeit I really liked Nintendo 64 GoldenEye… even when my role was the one typical from a chicken… hiding and wishing to be a lucky dog willing to find the Golden PP7… sniper rifle butt end anyone?

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2008, 09:27 AM

Sek, thats what i said, you're taste in games is not proof that the XB360 does not have 'AAA games in all genres', you were a pretty random sample actually.

Looking at the main demographic of XB360 owners, at the top XB360 games on metacritic, the best selling games on the XB360 and the most hyped and anticipated games coming out on that console, you'd have to be quite 'ignorant' to claim that the XB360 has "AAA titles from all genres", imo.

And as far as 'gimmikey motion controls' ..... if all you ever used was a keyboard, im sure a mouse would seem pretty darn 'gimmeky' as well. And as far as motion controls..... FPSs on Wii are not motion based, but im sure you already knew that. But lets dig deeper into this word 'gimmick' as it relates to gaming....... its pretty obvious that motion *controls*(as the title implies) and the wiimote actually have a fundamental impact on the games themselves(and specifically the interactivity, which is sorta what defines games), as opposed to....for example an add on HD DVD drive or the streaming of audio/video content that have no bearing whatsoever to the actual games than to entice average Joes to pick up the console for reasons apart from gaming. those are 'gimmicks'.OR as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, "a tricky or ingenious device, gadget, idea, etc., esp. one adopted for the purpose of attracting attention or publicity.". And seeing as how HDDVDs and streaming videos have pretty much nothing to do with gaming, i'd call that a pretty neat 'trick' to get business, or as most would call it 'gimmick'. too bad it didnt work eh ?

As far as the 'hardcore' gamers.... if we're being platform agnostic here (since hardware quality and failure rates 'shouldnt' factor into the equation), i have no problem admitting that the PC does the games that the XB360 does a lot better. better graphics, control and online, as well as MMORPGs, strategy games, and a plethora of casual titles.

Cheers

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2008, 10:05 AM

As far as the 'hardcore' gamers.... if we're being platform agnostic here (since hardware quality and failure rates 'shouldnt' factor into the equation), i have no problem admitting that the PC does the games that the XB360 does a lot better. better graphics, control and online, as well as MMORPGs, strategy games, and a plethora of casual titles.
Releases for the PC have dropped off *significantly* lately. The only good games available on the PC right now are WoW (which has been out for years), HL2 and all the mods/games associated, and...uh...well that's all I can think of. Good games released in the past year? Maybe Spore and Crysis, but both games are pretty shallow and quite forgettable.

The majority of "hardcore" gamers are probably playing the 360 right now, waiting for the new PC games to be released, like Left 4 Dead, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. The 360 has simply had more great games lately.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2008, 02:05 PM

Whenever a game comes out for both PS3 and Xbox I always get the PS3 version for a few reasons.

I like the PS3 controller much more

The xbox is loud as all hell.

PS3 has free online play.

PS3 all have hard drives so the games usually cache and load faster.

I liked the old Xbox but the 360 has such junkie hardware and the current dashboard is covered in ads and is hard to navigate. I can't wait for the next Xbox and I hope they learn from their harware mistakes.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2008, 09:15 AM

I always get 360 version if they're online games because I know all my friends will also get 360 version. Online play is just much nicer with 360

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2008, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I always get 360 version if they're online games because I know all my friends will also get 360 version. Online play is just much nicer with 360
Same here. I actually have yet to buy a PS3 game. Resistance 2 will probably be my first, but I'm waiting to hear about keyboard and mouse support.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I agree.
I also prefer the 360 controller.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2008, 07:24 AM

All is well in the world again, the 360 has been returned in a working state . After a bit of setting up with the wireless network, I gave it a bit of a push and played an endurance race on Forza 2. All good . The return paperwork said the motherboard was replaced, I've got the same casing back and the serial number inside the USB door is the same, so its repaired not replaced. They did give me a new front fascia though because the the original one's USB door was broken off, also got the 1 month Xbox Live card.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2008, 08:47 AM

that seems quite good ajprice... all for free?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2008, 09:21 AM

Yes all free, because it was a red ring of death.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2008, 09:54 AM

Is anyone planning on getting Fable 2 today?
I enjoyed the first one and will be buying this one today.

Forum Links
Forum Rules