Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Catalyst Status Update

Catalyst Status Update
goMac
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2003, 01:37 PM

Expect a ThemeKit and Catalyst update soon.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

swiz
GUI Punk
Dec 27, 2003, 01:49 PM

Is this supposed to end up being a resource editor?
If so you better make great strides before anymore screenies and updates to get anyone excited. In order for people to get excited you need to get at least as far as ThemePark is right now.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2003, 05:32 PM

I'm sorry, but what a waste of space.

Meaning literally; you could do a lot more with that if those wells didn't take up so much room. Man, you're going to need a lot of time if you want to even match ThemePark's usefulness.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 27, 2003, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by WICKEDfour:
I'm sorry, but what a waste of space.

Meaning literally; you could do a lot more with that if those wells didn't take up so much room. Man, you're going to need a lot of time if you want to even match ThemePark's usefulness.
Its not a Catalyst shot. Its a demo app one of our programmers made. Don't worry, we've got a VERY nice interface for Catalyst.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

keston
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2003, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by goMac:
Its not a Catalyst shot. Its a demo app one of our programmers made.
And you think this is "thread worthy" why?

timdorr
Dec 28, 2003, 11:32 PM

He's proving that they know how to edit resources. I think that's the point...

Geez, the hostility... I, for one, welcome the competition. It's healthy for the themeing community, as it will result in better products, and will bring those better products to us faster.
140x40? 4 lines of text? o_O?
Man, those are some strict sig guidelines.

kovacs
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2003, 04:30 AM

Yet another useless thread, so far you posted a thread about an app that doesn't do much ( yet ), a thread about some API's ( and yes I know they are not user executable ) and a screenshot of an app you haven't designed. BRAVO

goMac  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2003, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by kovacs:
Yet another useless thread, so far you posted a thread about an app that doesn't do much ( yet ), a thread about some API's ( and yes I know they are not user executable ) and a screenshot of an app you haven't designed. BRAVO
An app I didn't design but someone else in our company wrote. Ummm... uh huh. I don't see how that damages my credibility. All the app does is load a file and view the resources through ThemeKit, which is a nice way of demoing something. The app takes about 7 lines of code to do this, so its not exactly a huge loss I didn't write the app.

ArcticBear
Dec 30, 2003, 11:29 AM

Competition is good. Keeps people honest. cough!Microsoftcough!

Good luck on the development! The more tools the better. I'd like to see what carpestellarem comes up with.

And besides, it's a free country. So you can post what you want. It's not like he titled it something enigmatic like, "Hey guys! Check it out!" I'm sure people complain about having to dig through loooong posts to get to the current info too...

Zoinksster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2003, 11:56 AM

Are you going to post a screenshot when you wrote the next seven lines of code ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules