Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Holy ****! AudioGalaxy client for Mac!

Holy ****! AudioGalaxy client for Mac!
CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2001, 12:45 AM

Finally!

Okay, so much for upholding truth, justice, the American way and all that... this is just TOO GOOD not to mention to those still mourning the *at the time long overdue* demise of that steaming lump of over-rated crap otherwise known as Napster.

Audiogalaxy blows Napster so far away it's not funny! And there's FINALLY a client for the Mac!
http://www.versiontracker.com/morein...d=11686&db=mac

I can't believe it.. loaded it right up, logged into my AG account from my Mac, and resumed D/Ls I'd requested last week from my PC!

Until the RIAA and others shut down one of the REAL kings of the filesharing hill, enjoy it!

Macintosh
Banned
Aug 27, 2001, 12:50 AM

Not as good as napster in terms of ease but very good.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2001, 02:17 AM

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems using two seperate applications for just downloading some songs? I mean... why this inane, slow browser-based interface?

Get Aimster I say... The latest beta is even stable

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 27, 2001, 02:46 AM

About time.

Audiogalaxy rules.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems using two seperate applications for just downloading some songs?
It is just you.

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2001, 03:57 AM

Originally posted by - - e r i k - -:
<STRONG>Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems using two seperate applications for just downloading some songs? I mean... why this inane, slow browser-based interface?

Get Aimster I say... The latest beta is even stable </STRONG>
Me too... Aimster is good, but i JUST figured out how to work Audiogalaxy and it's pretty damn cool. (BTW, MacSat came out WEEKS ago...)
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 27, 2001, 05:09 AM

Let's not forget you can only download one song if you don't share. Which MacSat can't (at least not when I tried it...)

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2001, 05:20 AM

macsat shares. it's in the prefs
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

Ham Sandwich
Aug 27, 2001, 05:36 AM

I read somewhere (think in the readme of MacSat) that you have to be sharing more than 20 songs to get multiple downloads. I was using it the other day and was able to have multiple downloads going. Though I don't see a pref for how many downloads you can have going at once - I had three downloading at the same time.

-s'fit

Taloston Man
Forum Regular
Aug 27, 2001, 08:25 AM

I was using Aimster until last night when I downloaded and started going on Audio Galaxy with Mac Satellite.
You know why I won't use Aimster anymore?
Two Reasons.

1) Even with it's newer and better stability, it's still VERY crashy and finnicky.
2) It's only available for OS9! Maybe it's just me, but I'm willing to give a bit in order to have an OSX app, even if just for now until I get my 256 RAM chip tomorrow....
3) So many people on Aimster will refuse to give you downloads or will only give them if you upload a certain requested file....it's nasty.

So it's Audio Galaxy for me, my girlfriend's been using it on her PC for a few weeks I think and I've been a tad jealous at the results that I thought only she and her dark brethren could be getting music-wise.
But it's time for life in the fast lane now, baby.
Trevor Haldenby
www.ExposedBrain.com/trevor
MacBook 2.0 GHz / 2 gigs RAM | 60GB vidiPod, Shuffle

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Aug 27, 2001, 09:36 AM

All right!! One less reason to boot into Virtual PC ... and Windows!
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2001, 02:12 AM

Search for "New Order 60 mph"

Get the 192Kps version

Turn up your speakers....all the way.

el matteo
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2001, 11:42 PM

It appears to work great. My beef was with the fact that of 5 different songs by 5 different artists I tried, all I could find was live versions of the songs. maybe thats an insane coincidence, but it was annoying enough that that i didn't feel like using it anymore. limewire seems more reliable for now.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Aug 29, 2001, 12:54 AM

i noticed that after launching MacSatellite, AliasMenu is dead: I can't lauch any apps or open any folders through my custom AliasMenus. Anyone else notice any weird bugs?

(BTW, tried to report it on the developer page, and the email bounced--the account didn't exist!)
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Forum Links
Forum Rules