Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The best take I've heard yet on 9-11

The best take I've heard yet on 9-11
CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 11, 2001, 04:37 PM

http://mfile.akamai.com/5023/wma/phi...hend011010.asx

'course you'll need Windoze media player to hear it. (there's a Mac version.. if that's a good thing)

Phil Hendrie, for anyone who happens to be a fan, has to be the funniest/wittiest guy in America! Even without doing his usual 'sticht' (sp?), even when he's being 'serious' as in the above monolouge, he can just comment on things and have me on the floor laughing!

This is bar none, the best summary of the whole 9-11/terrorist/Taliban jerk-offs/War in Afghanistan/the Middle East and where they can shove their oil/etc. that I've heard yet!

THT
Forum Regular
Oct 12, 2001, 06:03 PM

Was that second caller a setup? The one who espoused the view that American women should be preparing to be subjugated by Talib masters just in case we lose the war. Sounded like a man trying to be a woman.

Here's a pretty good take from Michael Moran:

<A HREF="http://msnbc.com/news/640815.asp?0dm=C13RO" TARGET=_blank>No holy war here
Refuting Osama’s big lie with evidence of America’s restraint</A>

LONDON, Oct. 11 — In the Islamic world, some denounce the U.S.-led attacks on the Taliban and their extremist allies as “a war against Islam,” a charge that seeks to justify the carnage in New York and Washington one month ago. Yet the Dome of the Rock, the shrines at Mecca and Medina, the great mosques of Istanbul and Algiers and Cairo — all stand untouched by American vengeance. The United States has taken many steps to show that its war targets terrorism, not Islam. Yet the greatest proof of that fact is not what America has done, but what it has chosen not to do. ...

There are times I just want to weep for the inanities of humanity. Muslims just don't get it. And, Bush needs to do a better job with the propaganda part of the war to get the point across.

CRASH HARDDRIVE  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2001, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by THT:
[QB]Was that second caller a setup? The one who espoused the view that American women should be preparing to be subjugated by Talib masters just in case we lose the war. Sounded like a man trying to be a woman.
Yeah, I hate to give away the whole 'gist' of the show for you, but Phil blatantly gives it away himself all the time, so I don't feel so bad. It's ALL Phil...except for the real callers, who react to the 'absurd callers' who are voiced by Phil at the same time he's playing the role of himself as host.

Forum Links
Forum Rules