Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > IE 5 won't display images with dropshadows???

IE 5 won't display images with dropshadows???
Gilsch2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2001, 07:14 AM

I'm creating a webpage using Dreamweaver 4. Using layers I insert an image without a dropshadow and when I preview on browsers , IE 5 and netscape both show it fine. I then swap the image for the same one plus a dropshadow and only netscape 4.7 displays it!! The image won't even appear in IE! What is going on? It's driving me mad. I haven't tried uploading it and checking it out since I'm assuming it won't show on IE. Any ideas/sugestions?

Herr Newton
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2001, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Gilsch2:
<STRONG>I'm creating a webpage using Dreamweaver 4. Using layers I insert an image without a dropshadow and when I preview on browsers , IE 5 and netscape both show it fine. I then swap the image for the same one plus a dropshadow and only netscape 4.7 displays it!! The image won't even appear in IE! What is going on? It's driving me mad. I haven't tried uploading it and checking it out since I'm assuming it won't show on IE. Any ideas/sugestions?</STRONG>
Source?

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 31, 2001, 01:08 AM

What type of images are they?

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2001, 11:03 PM

did you check IE's cache?
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

zorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 1, 2001, 12:35 AM

i would def check cache and make sure you have both browsers to d/l data EVERY time not every time per session.

If your real parinoid you can add a meta tag that says no cache

But some source and the image in question would help too. Maybe its a gif and your shadow is transparent?

Mike
~ Mike
--
Personal Site: MikeZornek.com
Other Interests: WebDevWiki.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules