Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > That didn' take long

That didn' take long
ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 26, 2005, 01:55 PM

Nemo me impune lacesset

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2005, 03:38 PM

Shuffle was first seen 2 weeks ago, so its not really a shuffle copy at all, just a USB MP3 stick that happened to come out now. Its silver and not white, the (chromed) buttons are in the middle, which isn't really the best place for them, and going by the "32Mb - 2Gb capacity", its probably a memory-less base with a card slot in it. I can't read Japanese so I don't know. On the other hand, the site also has a player that looks a lot like the Creative Muvo USB player.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Evan_11
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2005, 02:52 AM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
http://www.dapreview.net/news.php?item.978

The Shuffle is nothing special in design. If it were manufactured by any other company no one would of noticed. It's all marketing.

iMacfan
Senior User
Jan 29, 2005, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by Evan_11:
The Shuffle is nothing special in design. If it were manufactured by any other company no one would of noticed. It's all marketing.
NO - that is totally incorrect. While the industrial design is nothing groundbreaking (though I would say very well executed mostly), the special hook is iTunes and its seamless integration - for that I'd have to think very hard to buy outside Apple.

David

Evan_11
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2005, 03:17 AM

Originally posted by iMacfan:
NO - that is totally incorrect.
Why? The Shuffle's gimmick is that gives you a random playlist. Otherwise it's no different in function than any other mp3 player. I'm not dissing it at all and will buy one eventually. I just grow weary of the constant "look somebody already copied it!" threads that pop up.

Dalhectar
Jan 30, 2005, 01:43 PM

I agree with Evan_11. In essence, what is iTunes now but a Marketing scheme to sell more iPods.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Evan_11:
Why? The Shuffle's gimmick is that gives you a random playlist. Otherwise it's no different in function than any other mp3 player. I'm not dissing it at all and will buy one eventually. I just grow weary of the constant "look somebody already copied it!" threads that pop up.
So you're saying the shuffle wasn't the first MP3 player to forgo a screen? I don't know -- I'm asking.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Forum Links
Forum Rules