Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Macbook <$500

WTB: Macbook <$500
chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 17, 2009, 01:41 PM

wtb Macbook under $500

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Dec 27, 2009, 11:12 PM

uh, not sure if ur interested in this one, but here a goes.

CD 2.0ghz macbook, 1gb ram, white,

Recent failed hard drive. Also, one of the hinges for the screen is loose (resulting in a wobble). The computer otherwise is just fine, but needs a DIY hard drive and possible screen hinge repair. Otherwise no problems as far as I can tell.

$120 shipped. Pics on request.

Edited to add:

The trackpad clicker seems also to have an issue, where if you click the button it double clicks...works just fine with a mouse.

She's a real project but if you have the know how you could give her a new home and find some use.

z16bitsega
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2009, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
uh, not sure if ur interested in this one, but here a goes.

CD 2.0ghz macbook, 1gb ram, white,

Recent failed hard drive. Also, one of the hinges for the screen is loose (resulting in a wobble). The computer otherwise is just fine, but needs a DIY hard drive and possible screen hinge repair. Otherwise no problems as far as I can tell.

$120 shipped. Pics on request.

Edited to add:

The trackpad clicker seems also to have an issue, where if you click the button it double clicks...works just fine with a mouse.

She's a real project but if you have the know how you could give her a new home and find some use.
If the OP isn't interested in this I certainly am, and would like a few pics, as long as the screen works well other than the hinge and it will charge without a problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules