Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Briefly: Satechi's aluminum monitor stand, Dirt 3 Complete Edition

Briefly: Satechi's aluminum monitor stand, Dirt 3 Complete Edition
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jan 9, 2015, 04:05 PM

Accessories producer Satechi has announced the upcoming release of its new Premium Aluminum Monitor Stand product. Introduced this week at CES, the stand is designed to compliment the Mac Pro, iMac and Macbook's aesthetic, raising monitors to prevent eye and neck strain. Aside from providing height, the stand also features four USB 3.0 ports for connecting applicable devices, offering transfer rates of up to 5GB per second. Its aluminum alloy composition supports a range of devices weighing up to 200 pounds. Priced at $70, Satechi's new monitor stand will be available by the end of the month.

Dirt 3 racing game to be released later this month for OS X

Feral Interactive has announced that its off-road and rally racing game, Dirt 3 Complete Edition, will be released later this month for OS X. Initially developed for PC and console users, Dirt 3 Complete Edition features over 50 years of iconic rally cars and off-road vehicles, for racing through snow or dirt. Various race settings are included, such as Kenyan safari trails, mountain circuits in Aspen, Colorado, and more. The OS X version expands the original Dirt 3 with all available add-on content, including 18 additional cars and 12 new routes. Pricing and system requirements will be released closer to the launch date, with a trailer for the game now available on Feral Interactive's Youtube channel.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jan 10, 2015 at 07:44 AM. )

Mojo
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2015, 02:38 PM

In my experience Apple iMacs and displays are in desperate need of a way to lower them, not raise them up... Proper ergonomic placement of a display is with the top edge of the display at or slightly lower than eye-level. Raising a display higher can lead to neck pain.

I'm average height for a man (5'10") and I suffered serious neck pain while using a 24" iMac. Since I had purchased an iMac without the optional VESA mount I was forced to cobble-together an unsightly workaround. No combination of desk or chair adjustments made a significant difference... I checked a number of well-known computer desks and chairs and they wouldn't work either.

Eventually I purchased a Mac Mini and an NEC display. The NEC display's stand has built-in tilt, swivel and height adjustments. Why can't Apple design a similar stand for iMacs and Apple displays?

Forum Links
Forum Rules