Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Other Options

Other Options
Nassifer
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2011, 10:54 AM

Hello, this might be a weird question, but does anyone know if there is going to be other options than to d/l 10.7. I do not have the internet at home and only travel to the cafe to use the net and I am quite sure they do not want me to take up all the bandwidth to d/l the update. I would goto the local apple store, but there is no real apple store in Dubai. The store that they say is in the mall of the emirates is just an extension of the store there is not even a person there that knows anything about apple products. Was VERY disappointed.

Thanks

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2011, 03:09 PM

Sadly not. Just the App Store download option.

Nassifer  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2011, 01:43 AM

So what about people that do not have the option to d/l it, and I am sure there are some of us out there ? I think that apple might have dropped the ball, I do not have a problem paying extra for a hard copy of it too. We as a socirty are relying to much on this cluod stuff for storage, as in all cases clouds do go away, and then where will you be ?

Just my 2 cents

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2011, 09:14 AM

I can't update to Lion cause it is too a big download for my bandwidth. Even if I had the download bandwidth to get it from the App Store, I still have a download cap limit.
By not to mention I should update a bunch of 3rd party software to keep those working flawlessly with Mac OS X Lion.

So yes, I guess there are many people with the same issue. If this are signs of things to come, which no doubt they are, well, I can understand it but don't like it.

Worst thing is that I don't find Lion appealing at all.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2011, 09:31 AM

Just do it at your internet cafe, other business with free wifi, or at a friend's. Also, you don't have to do it all at once. I'd be confident that you can interrupt the download and resume it later.

Nassifer  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 12, 2011, 01:32 AM

I did not know that I could do that, I did not know that you could interrupt a d/l in progress. I will have to try that option then.

Forum Links
Forum Rules