Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > problem with applications

problem with applications
duoikari
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2006, 12:36 PM

One day i downloaded a file onto my macbook laptop and then when i looked in the applications folder on my HD, everything in it was gone, so i copied the files from my user data's application folder to the other one, but now i can not get into all the files on the ulities folder, i can only see the java folder, my mac firmware updater and my ipod updater.

How the hell do i get all the files back that were in the applications folder before all of this happened?

ibook_steve
Aug 28, 2006, 01:23 PM

First, don't panic! Second, repair permissions from Disk Utility and reboot. See what happens.

Steve

duoikari  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve
First, don't panic! Second, repair permissions from Disk Utility and reboot. See what happens.

Steve
Thats the problem there is no permissons in the utility disk folder.

IntroVertigo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2006, 03:06 PM

Are you able to launch any of the applications from the dock? Try to reboot off the install disc (hold down 'C' while the computer is starting up) and run "repair disk" in disk utility.

Forum Links
Forum Rules