Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Still application trouble

Still application trouble
duoikari
Forum Regular
Sep 9, 2006, 10:28 AM

I discover something very weird today. I recently posted on here that my application folder was playing up.

Well today i was browsing my Mac's HD and i saw the application folder under my user name and when i clicked inisde the folder i found that almost all the application are gone apart from comic life, iTunes, Quick time as well as the ulities folder!.

I thought what luck, but why the hell is the application folder pratically empty and even when i try and repair the disk it does nothing to the HD at all. And still, when i click on my application folder at the side there is all the applications

So what i need to know is, how to fix this problem and get all the application in the right folder. so that where ever i click onto the application folder they will all be there including the ulities folder.

pat++
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2006, 03:27 PM

If all the applications are still in the Applictions folder of the side bar, just delete the one you have in your home directory. Otherwise move the missing apps back from the Applications folder in your home on the one in the sidebar to put them back at the place where they are supposed to be. You can create an alias of the Applications folder at the root of your harddrive in your home directory if this is what you want (not sure if it's really useful though).

Forum Links
Forum Rules