Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pimping my mac

Pimping my mac
duoikari
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2008, 03:43 PM

Hi guys long time no see,
I've been recently having major issues with my mac lately, it seems to run very slow when running any adobe program, so i wondered if that is a CS2 issue or not?. I was also working very hard the other day on a logo that i was creating for my project at college and i found that when i opened up photoshop illustrator will crash, loosing all my work that had in illustrator. So i was wondering if that was a CS2 issue or a ram issue?

Also, i was continuing to work on this logo and then suddenly my mac died so i went to the mains and plugged it in thinking that it would just turn back on, but it never did and i lost the logo i was had been working on for ages. And the battery is only about 7 months old, but when i check it on istats pro it says that the health is only 81%, because i have another spare battery(which is the older one which come with the mac) and it always sorta shuts down at about 0-5%, but the newer battery always shuts down at 20%.

Next problem, i've had my mac for almost a 1 and half now, and i bought my white macbook when the white ones first lauched. And after a year i really started to notice that the white around the track pad was looking slightly yellow and now it looks even worse and i don't know what to do about. I have purchased apple care, but the mac is still under the extras years warrenty. So i don't know whether i have to claim it on the insurance or on the warrenty.

thanks in advance for reading and helping me with my rather long post ^^

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 27, 2008, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by duoikari View Post
I've been recently having major issues with my mac lately, it seems to run very slow when running any adobe program, so i wondered if that is a CS2 issue or not?. I was also working very hard the other day on a logo that i was creating for my project at college and i found that when i opened up photoshop illustrator will crash, loosing all my work that had in illustrator. So i was wondering if that was a CS2 issue or a ram issue?
Is this on your G5 or MacBook? CS2 is going to make your MacBook slow since it is not native and runs in emulation; upgrade to CS3.

Also, i was continuing to work on this logo and then suddenly my mac died so i went to the mains and plugged it in thinking that it would just turn back on, but it never did and i lost the logo i was had been working on for ages. And the battery is only about 7 months old, but when i check it on istats pro it says that the health is only 81%, because i have another spare battery(which is the older one which come with the mac) and it always sorta shuts down at about 0-5%, but the newer battery always shuts down at 20%.
Follow Apple's directions for calibrating your battery.

Next problem, i've had my mac for almost a 1 and half now, and i bought my white macbook when the white ones first lauched. And after a year i really started to notice that the white around the track pad was looking slightly yellow and now it looks even worse and i don't know what to do about. I have purchased apple care, but the mac is still under the extras years warrenty. So i don't know whether i have to claim it on the insurance or on the warrenty.
If you have a defective one, always claim it under the warranty. Claiming it under insurance will look bad/raise premiums in the future.

Forum Links
Forum Rules