Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 13" MacBook (Aluminum) 2.4 GHz/250GB/4GB RAM/AppleCare - $850 shipped

FS: 13" MacBook (Aluminum) 2.4 GHz/250GB/4GB RAM/AppleCare - $850 shipped
mxpiazza
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2010, 11:48 PM

I'm looking to sell a 13" MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) that I purchased from the Apple Store as a refurb in February of '09. More info on this particular model can be found here: MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) - Technical Specifications - the config is the MB467LL/A except this has 4GB RAM.

Other than the unibody enclosure and the graphics card, this system has the same specs as this 13" MacBook Pro machine on the Apple refurb store for $1,019: Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (U.S.)

Full spec list:

* 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
* 4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
* 250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
* NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
* AppleCare protection through February 2, 2012
* Snow Leopard (10.6) with disk
* Original box (refurb packaging) and manuals
* inCase black neoprene sleeve

Willing to listen to offers, but don't want to stray much from $850 shipped. The laptop is in great physical and working condition; the only noticeable blemish is a scratch on the bottom of the case near the battery latch. You can see pics here:

Mac Forums
Mac Forums
Mac Forums
Mac Forums
Mac Forums

Email/post if you are interested, and I have more photos that I can share as well.

I have bought/sold many times on these forums, have plenty of feedback on eBay under 'hoehnen3' and heatware under 'mxpiazza'. If you are local to Cleveland (or close) I'd be happy to meet up in person.
( Last edited by mxpiazza; Nov 1, 2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: clarification)

ChrisF
Senior User
Nov 1, 2010, 08:42 AM

Calling this a "Pro" in the subject is a bit disingenuous if not outright deceptive. It's a MacBook, not a MacBook Pro and as such it lacks Firewire support.

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Calling this a "Pro" in the subject is a bit disingenuous if not outright deceptive. It's a MacBook, not a MacBook Pro and as such it lacks Firewire support.
I agree with you - I probably should have used (Aluminum) instead of (Pro), but I was trying to convey that it's in the current Pro class, not the plastic Macbook class. I tried to edit the post, but it doesn't look like it will let me edit the title.

I apologize for any confusion - I certainly didn't mean to mislead, as I hope the abundance of information in the post itself represents.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Nov 1, 2010, 04:59 PM

usually the mods will change the title for you if you request.

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2010, 05:01 PM

mods, please replace the '(Pro)' in the title with '(Aluminum)' if you can.

and if anyone actually wants to discuss the laptop for sale, that's cool too

i'd also be up to trade this for one of the new HDMI Mac Mini's (new or used) + cash.

gromit95
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 1, 2010, 08:59 PM

you have any photos
fred

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by gromit95 View Post
you have any photos
fred
Photo links in the original post - PM me your email address and I can send more.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 1, 2010, 09:10 PM

mxpiazza  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2010, 01:09 PM

mods, you can lock this thread, the machine is sold.

if anyone is interested in using this for a market comp, i received $775 local pickup.

Forum Links
Forum Rules