Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > JK2 corrupted games

JK2 corrupted games
SteevAK
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2002, 06:00 AM

Anybody else experience corrupted quikssave games in JK2? I've had at least 4 now. When I go to load from the quicksave the game just quits unexpectedly. No other error messages or problems.

Sometimes this is no big deal, but I've also lost quite a bit of progress because of this.
#macnn: where all the real action is at.

atomiclotusbox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2002, 09:35 AM

I've had one as well. I ended up have to start back at the beginning of the level.

I've also had weird sound problems, where the music starts skipping constantly - this was on the Bespin level.

Also, I was playing at the next resolution up from 800 x 600 (I believe it was 9somethingx7something?) and the screen decided to move right and left so it was no longer centered. I fixed this by playing at 800x600 now.

Other than this, I love the game! Now if I could only get past Fyaar's wussy sheild protected ass!

edited to add: I play on a 933 with stock GeForce 4 mx and 1 gig of ram.
I was here but I disappear

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2002, 09:44 AM

It's happened to me a few times too, so I save my games often (using both quicksave and the ESC->Save game option). If you're playing in OS X the application generates a crash log. You might send the crash log to Brad Oliver, the fellow who ported the program to the Mac. You should be able to find his e-mail address in this forum as well as on insidemacgames.com.

Deal
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2002, 11:41 PM

This happened to me using the ESC - Save

I also had to start the lvl over. I have also experienced the choppy sound, but only when pushing my system beyond it's capacity. 733 G4 with GeForce 3 card and 3/4gb ram. Decent system but not enough force to be a Jedi Knite with a smooth face and nice textures.

I've also had crashes when changing graphic settings and resuming play.

SteevAK  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2002, 02:19 PM

Nice to know it's not just me. Maybe it'll get fixed in a patch.

Only crashes I've had are because of this problem.

a2daj
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2002, 04:40 PM

I played through half of the single player app in OS 9 without any quick save corruption. I switched to manually saved games because I found some levels I wanted to mess around with at a later time. Occasionally, I would some sound bytes repeated throughout a level where the sound should play (like bits of dialog in an area in which I'm suppose to be alone).

workerbee
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2002, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Boochie:
If you're playing in OS X the application generates a crash log.
Where is this Crash log hiding? JKII has hard-crashed twice on me, forcing a reboot.
I'd really like to see the crash log, possibly send it to the programmer, but have not found it yet.
Oh, and the quicksaves have never worked here (but then they, at least, never crashed), I simply use F11 a lot
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

SteevAK  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2002, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by workerbee:
Where is this Crash log hiding? JKII has hard-crashed twice on me, forcing a reboot.
I'd really like to see the crash log, possibly send it to the programmer, but have not found it yet.
Oh, and the quicksaves have never worked here (but then they, at least, never crashed), I simply use F11 a lot
Open Apple System Profiler and then go to the Logs tab. JK2 will be there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules