Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Mouse bites Mouse

Mouse bites Mouse
angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 02:53 PM

so I have this cool mousepad, ( I really like the old Mickey Mouse ), but sadly my Mighty Mouse goes nuts with it… which sucks cause I am not going to replace my Mighty Mouse and would like not to have to replace the mousepad, but they just don't go together, any suggestion to improve this mess?, thanks.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jul 7, 2008, 02:58 PM

I think it's because your mouse pad has red areas on it. You'll have to pick whether you want to replace your mouse with a laser one (superior tracking to optical mice and doesn't care about the color of the surface) or get a new mouse pad. Another (albeit somewhat silly) option is to get a ball mouse, since those have no tracking issues at all, on any hard surface. They'll even work on glass, something even laser mice can't do!

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 03:05 PM

Thanks Luca, that was fast. I still have two or three ball mice, those that came with the original iMac, the B&W G3… Well thanks for pointing the red thing issue… I have 'rotated' the mousepad just to see if the contact surface being Mickey's face and the blue region maybe the Mighty doesn't get mad.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2008, 08:33 PM

If needing a laser mouse is an issue, just pick up the wireless Mighty Mouse.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2008, 01:37 AM

That's a nice approach

Forum Links
Forum Rules