Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Biden Opens His Mouth

Biden Opens His Mouth
subego
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 11:45 PM

And support for gay marriage slips out.

His office was quick to correct the error:

Originally Posted by Chicago Sun Times
The vice president’s office said Sunday that Biden’s comments were not an endorsement of gay marriage, but simply a reaffirmation of his belief that same-sex couples deserve the same rights and protections as all Americans.

Man the **** up already. God forbid you lose a vote for doing the right thing.

Asshole.

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 7, 2012, 12:59 AM

Reading between the lines is he supporting some separate (don't call it marriage) but equal (rights and protections) scheme?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 01:01 AM

Agreed. Sometimes I think Biden doesn't have a big mouth as much as he is more sincere than most politicians, but sincerity is not rewarded in this political climate as much as careful calculation and being guarded with your speech is.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 01:19 AM

Sometimes it isn't about getting a ****ing reward for it.

Oh wait...

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
May 7, 2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Agreed. Sometimes I think Biden doesn't have a big mouth as much as he is more sincere than most politicians, but sincerity is not rewarded in this political climate as much as careful calculation and being guarded with your speech is.
Agreed. When you have people calling you names, it's tough to bring your true feelings out on an issue, especially when those name callers can't see the forest for the trees.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 03:23 PM

Assuming you're directing this at me, it's a circular argument. I'm not calling him names because of of his true feelings, I'm calling him names because he's hiding his true feelings with this (presumably) false equivocation by his staff.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldManMac View Post
Agreed. When you have people calling you names, it's tough to bring your true feelings out on an issue, especially when those name callers can't see the forest for the trees.

I don't think it's because people inclined to use words as political weaponry can't see the forest for the trees, I think in many cases they are perfectly aware of what was originally intended. It's just that twisting words around to use as political attacks is highly effective, it provides endless campaign ammo.

I sometimes have to remind myself that none of this would be possible if we didn't have an idiot population that laps this kind of thing up.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Arne Duncan
Yes, I do [support the right for homosexuals to marry].
I guess I'm not the only one who's stopped giving a **** about the forest.

Forum Links
Forum Rules