Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Office Manager not working under OS 9

Office Manager not working under OS 9
cbmackay
Nov 30, 1999, 02:09 PM

I had some problems with OS 9 crashing (similar to what I was getting under 8.6). I did an upgrade instead of a clean install. I went back and clean-installed. Then I re-installed Office 98. It's working fine, except that the Office Manager control panel won't open. It's grayed out in the Control Panels window (as though it were open), it's in my menubar, "About" works fine and I can launch Office apps from it, but if I choose "Customize..." nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Don Foy
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 1999, 10:17 PM

I'm not an Office user, but there was an updater posted for Office earlier this week or late last week.

You might check for it at the Microsoft site and see what it is supposed to fix.

cbmackay
Dec 1, 1999, 10:29 AM

I'm sorry -- I forgot to mention: I did download and run the patch -- the second one, the one that "works", not the early one that got yanked. I downloaded it, too... Guess what? I didn't work!

fleshhorn
Dec 1, 1999, 01:11 PM

I have Office 98 installed on OS 9, with both the 8.5, then the OS 9 updater patched. No where do I see an "Office" anything control panel. Just the config manager.

Cletus Waldman
Dec 1, 1999, 09:38 PM

MS Office Manager--Menu Bar Manager if you will conflicts with Mac OS 9 as to customizing it.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/macoffice/P...fice98_OS9.htm

Hope this helps!

Cletus

Cletus Waldman
Dec 1, 1999, 09:40 PM

Sorry--I forgot to mention; the updates available in all cases do not address the conflict you are having with the MOM.

Cletus

cbmackay
Dec 2, 1999, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the URL -- the solution is there. Holding down Command and Control when opening the MOM will allow it to launch. Odd that they wouldn't have fixed it in the patch, though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules