Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Question: iPhone 4

Question: iPhone 4
ScottS4UofA
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2010, 04:50 PM

I ordered a new iPhone 4 32GB from at&t that I have already paid for, but has yet to arrive. I had also placed a iPhone 4 32GB on order at my local Apple store. Apple emailed yesterday and said to come in that they had my phone there in store. So I went and picked it up at the apple store and had it activated and all.

Question: Will I have to return the one I ordered from at&t to at&t (Which they said I could return for a refund with no problem) OR

Can I just place it on the web for sale and make more off it?

Thanks in advance!

-Q-
Jul 7, 2010, 04:54 PM

The price you paid AT&T for the phone was likely the subsidized price, which is only available to those signing a 2-year cell phone contract. If you don't return the phone to AT&T, they'll probably bill your credit card for the unsubsidized price, which is considerable.

Hodog16
Jul 9, 2010, 01:01 AM

I have not checked recent prices, but I heard the new iphones were going for 800-1000 on ebay.

I think the unsubsidized price is 600-700, so if you are willing to gamble you could always try to make a few bills that way. Otherwise I'd just return it or better yet see if you know somebody who is looking for one, then return it with your friend present, so they can immediately buy it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules