Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 6)
TribeLeader
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2004, 08:29 PM

Just got the new Booq PS15, which finally shipped! Looks great; it will definitely do the job!

Target Practice
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2004, 12:48 AM

Originally posted by TribeLeader:
Just got the new Booq PS15, which finally shipped! Looks great; it will definitely do the job!
How is the fit? Is it too wide? The measurements don't look like perfect fit. I'd love to read your opinion.

I bought the older (graphite) booqbag 15 for my AlBook 15. The width is perfect, but its a bit too short. I also like the all black version of the new booqbags.

badtz
Mac Elite
Feb 9, 2004, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by TribeLeader:
I would also love to hear your opinions on this bag!!! Maybe some digital camera shots? [i could host it if needed ]

I'm very interested in this bag. The only hold back is the 'handle' which looks a bit bulky, but I'd rather save my judgement for some real camera shots.

How's the padding? shoulder straps nice? etc.?

pgolf
Feb 10, 2004, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by TheIceMan:
Let me first say, ohmygod! The 15" fits almost perfectly inside the padded sleeve which is suspended inside. The padding on the back of the backpack is superb and adjustable according to how tall you are. There are several storage areas, one of these fits the PowerBook AC plug perfectly.

And just in case you are worried that the backpack offers only back padding, it comes with the plastic outer casing which is beautifully designed to protect the font and sides.

But wait, Nike has even thought of the top corners of the laptop which might be prone to damage even inside the sleeve. So when you zip up the backpack there is also a cord which you latch onto the front and this pulls the back into the casing. Just imagine an accordion when it contracts.
Just got the Nike Epic backpack. This thing is really well made and tons of pockets! Pictures doesn't really do it justice.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2004, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by MrK:
Quick vote for Willow Design. Their cases are simple, light and guaranteed for life. Never a problem with one yet...
I love my Willow sleeve. Unfortunately, as of February 29 they will be no more.

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2004, 10:00 AM

Edit: Case is here, laptop is a week away. After measuring it appears with some mods it'll fit with room for a bit of padding.

I ordered and incase sling for my 15" and have decided to switch to a 17". The sling case isn't here yet but I was wondering if the 17" would physically fit in the case (not the built in sleeve). My wife is a fashion designer, seamstress and overall pro at sewing so I'm hoping we can "mod" it.

Incase is redesigning their site so I can't check the dimensions. It'll be over another week before the bag and laptop get here so I need to plan ahead.
( Last edited by Crusoe; Feb 16, 2004 at 05:09 AM. )
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

Lucidwray
Feb 12, 2004, 06:59 AM

I just bought a new 15" Aluminum PB this week and im so glad this thread was started. I desperatly need a case.

I have been searching the web for the past two days non stop and so far I am most impressed with the Pelican cases.

Pelican 1470AC

I want something that I can trown in my back seat and not have to worry about it ever and this looks like the answer. At 109$ for the one above it looks like the perfect tough case.

Im going to order one friday, but before I do, does anyone have any other cases that I should look at? Something tough and hard.
nolo contendere: A legal term meaning: "I didn't do it, judge, and I'll never do it again."

pippiwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 10:34 PM

has anyone used a tom bihn brain cell sleeve (size 4) with a crumpler very busy man laptop bag? according to crumpler's site, the dimensions of the internal laptop pocket should be a perfect fit to the exterior dimensions of the brain cell. but you can never be too sure.

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2004, 09:47 AM

http://www.boblbee.com

That's the brand I was looking for
These bags are great

Dalhectar
Feb 18, 2004, 11:38 AM

My GF wanted a fashionable bag for her laptop. At first we went with 15" Charcol Dots Designer Slim from Acme Made. She didn't like how the fabric looked, (the threads looked like they came from an old couch your grandmother had). Second I tried to push on her a 15" bag from Incase. I liked it, it was damn afffordable, and had space for the essentials. it just wasn't fancy enough for her. Third time was a charm, with the Omni Collection Compact Case from Casauri. The case can fit a 17" PB, so it lets her not only carry a charger and mouse for the 15", but also a small notebook and/or textbook for class. While it carries a lot, it's still too bulky. It's wide and long to accommodate a 17". so some 15" users might not want it, and 12" users should stay away from it. The fabric and design are well made. She's really pleased with it, and if someone else is looking for a fashionable bag, I really recommend Casauri.

futurist
Feb 19, 2004, 02:09 AM

I'm using eagle creek bag for my 15" SD. View the pix here:

http://www.eaglecreek.com/60137.html

very gd bag..

TheFake
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2004, 07:28 PM

So I really like the Nike Epic 1, and it sounds great, but nowhere sells it for less than $150 now, and it looks like Finish line went down to $15 before selling out. Does anyone know where to get one for cheap now?

pippiwong
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2004, 05:34 PM

just got my very busy man. it's a nice bag, well constructed, solid. the thing is huge. much bigger in person then what i expected. i coulda almost fit a turntable in it if i wanted to. and to think i almost ordered the crispt suit. for people wanting a large bag (very very tall) for their 15" powerbook, this is the bag for you. unfortunately, i'll be returning mine cause it's too massive for my taste.

badtz
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 05:56 AM

has anyone received the new Booq PowerSleeve for the 15"?

Would love to hear reviews on this bag.

Thanks!

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2004, 09:47 AM

Well, I have had a Marware sleeve case for my 17" Powerbook for some time now, but kept seeing those ads for the Booq. Went to the site and figured, what the heck? So I bought one.

It is by far, the NICEST sleeve I have ever seen for any notebook/laptop. Very cool design (top loading), rugged, nice materials, perfect fit, adequate number of pockets, not too bulky, just right. The top loading feature is great for me because I am always travelling and walking though airport terminals with my overnight bag and this sleeve slung over it. With my old sleeve, the 17" Powerbook could hit things because the sides stuck out. Now nothing sticks out because of the top loading. There is enough room in the two pockets for the power adapter on the front little pocket, and all kinds of stuff on the back, like an extra battery, etc.

I HIGHLY recommend this sleeve for anyone with a cherished notebook/laptop. It is definitely the most unique-looking sleeve out there. It is worth the extra $10 or $15 over the standard sleeve cases out there.
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

macgeekjay
Mar 2, 2004, 12:00 PM

I like my incase 15" Sling bag for my AlBook. It's the best bag I've ever had!

incase
*currently closed for remodeling*

BUT... I've always liked those hard case, really expensive Bobblebees (sp?). So, when I saw Axio's ad in Macworld then posted on Macminute..... WOW! I can't wait for them to ship.

And I've been waiting for over two months now.

Axio

badtz
Mac Elite
Mar 2, 2004, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by macgeekjay:
I like my incase 15" Sling bag for my AlBook. It's the best bag I've ever had!

incase
*currently closed for remodeling*

incase makes a sling bag for the 15" laptops? photos?

BJNY
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2004, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Macpilot:
...kept seeing those ads for the Booq. Went to the site and figured, what the heck? So I bought one.

It is by far, the NICEST sleeve I have ever seen for any notebook/laptop. Very cool design (top loading), rugged, nice materials, perfect fit, adequate number of pockets, not too bulky, just right. The top loading feature is great for me because I am always travelling and walking though airport terminals with my overnight bag and this sleeve slung over it. With my old sleeve, the 17" Powerbook could hit things because the sides stuck out. Now nothing sticks out because of the top loading. There is enough room in the two pockets for the power adapter on the front little pocket, and all kinds of stuff on the back, like an extra battery, etc.

I HIGHLY recommend this sleeve for anyone with a cherished notebook/laptop. It is definitely the most unique-looking sleeve out there. It is worth the extra $10 or $15 over the standard sleeve cases out there.
Do the Booqs use sheets of corrugated plastic in addition to foam for ultimate protection?

iomatic
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2004, 10:57 PM

Booqs (the earlier 15 that I have) does not have any plastic.

A question: Anyone know of that bag designer that made things out of recycled airplane fabric?

Scoo
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2004, 04:20 PM

I grabbed the Kensington Saddlebag (with the stylish but not too obvious black-on-black Apple logo patch) from the Lenox Apple Retail store in Atlanta. I love it. The real deal maker for me was the three way carrying ability: Backpack, Shoulder strap and handle. The back pack is great for every day traveling; stashing the straps to hand carry it makes for a more professional entrance in the offices of my more corporate clients. Nice padding and plenty of pockets don't hurt either, nor does the 39.95 price tag.
The music is not in the
piano- Clement Mok

iomatic
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 04:32 PM

Found it: www.airbagcraftworks.com

Kinda like freitag style stuff. very cool. very hip. and recycled!

check out their nerdbag pro.

Originally posted by iomatic:
Booqs (the earlier 15 that I have) does not have any plastic.

A question: Anyone know of that bag designer that made things out of recycled airplane fabric?

asan102
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2004, 07:15 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but spymac.com is selling their own laptop bags now as well. Not simply branded stock bags, they're custom designed, so they may be nice for you depending on your needs.
joe mama!

saranwarp
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2004, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by asan102:
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but spymac.com is selling their own laptop bags now as well. Not simply branded stock bags, they're custom designed, so they may be nice for you depending on your needs.
http://www.spymac.com/shop/index.php...=2&articleid=2

$110 for a 15" bag? I'm sure it's a fantastic bag, but that's pretty steep.

poolmouse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2004, 03:24 AM

the timbuk2 backpack (detour) rocks. totally...TOTALLY waterproof...NOT WATER RESISTANT...WATERPROOF!!!

as a freelance tech who's always on the go, TRUE waterproofness was the number one priority. i always use a third party sleeve for my 12" for added protection.

no other bag is waterproof. timbuk2 rocks!

poolmosue

paran0idandr0id
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2004, 05:01 AM

Has anyone tried the Crumpler School Hymn 15"? Im interested in this model, but Im not sure if its made for the PowerBook G4 Aluminum, as the catalogue shows a Titanium PowerBook instead, and this is kind of confusing. Im also concerned about the zippers not having enough protection and scratching the PowerBooks sides.

@ho
Mar 18, 2004, 12:31 AM

with my old ibook I bought the old brethaven case for this notebook, and when upgrade to the al 15 I was looking for cases first order incase briefcase but the 15 didnt fit properly and even after 2 months they give me a refund, then buy the thin leather case just to carry my laptop and adapter, but found it to little protection to my powerbook, last week I decided that Brenthaven have the best protection available for laptops, they do but their products doesnt look good, just to generic and basic not a great design, by the way mine was missing 2 pockets, so return it to apple and order the incase moya deluxe, It looks cool and either sport or for a not to formal work, has good protection for laptop, and several pockets, I will try to get some pictures for the ones interested.

more info not available on apple web site
on outside: one pocket on flap, one open pocket on back and zipper with two short compartiments, one fits the ipod.
On inside flap: 2 pen holders.
Inside front: two pockets (small and large),
next to back: big compartment for accesories with two velcro closed pockets for adapter and cables,
next: thin bag for few documents or cds
back compartment: space for books and documents, and paded laptop, also key holder and some card slots on the other side.

The inside strap adjustment is great.

Phydeaux
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 07:12 AM

i purchased a 12" powerbook a few weeks ago and ordered the booq BP3 at the same time. the BP3 comes with a powersleeve (which fits the laptop like a glove!) as well as two smaller protective cases for a cell phone and mp3 player (iPod)...or maybe some twinkies and red bull?

the bag and sleeve are very well made. the backpack has several thought out pockets for just about everything you'd want to carry...from gear to munchies. there is a really innovative pocket on the top of the bag to hold an mp3/cd player in which the player is protected from the elements but lets the headphones pass through.

the sleeve is a soft-sided case, but the padding seems enough to protect against minor smacks and bumps. the nice thing about the powersleeve is that it fits inside the backpack for added protection and portability. the backpack's main compartment is split in half with a piece of padded material. the bottom of the backpack has extra padding to protect the powerbook from crash landings.

i really like the two-in-one design. i can ditch the backpack and just sling the powersleeve over my shoulder for more streamline cruising. the powersleeve comes with it's own strap...no extra purchase required. beware that a few other bag companies charge extra for the strap!

i would suggest though if you purchase this set is to place the powerbook in the sleeve with the bottom of the unit towards the front of the powersleeve. that way the bottom of the powerbook is against the buckle of the powersleeve...there will be no pressure from the buckle against the lid...lid against the keyboard.

check out booqbags.com i think you'll love it!

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=39

tacojohnellenich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 10:15 AM

I just ordered a 15" and I'm looking for a hard shell that I can put into an existing backpack so if I drop the pack my notebook is safe from dents...will any of the soft bags offer this kind of protection?

I'd like a hard case thats about the size of the powerbook, but glossy (kinda like those hard plastic backpacks)...

I doubt anything like this is available, but its worth a shot.

Peace.

jrski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 03:07 PM

Just purchased the Ultimate Direction Journalist bag ($70) from REI for my 12" powerbook. It has room for a few books, accessories and water bottle. Nice construction. Also converts to backpack style if you want.

aribus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2004, 02:11 AM

So, I have a Powerbook 12" paired with an Incase sleeve. I've been using this combo for about 6 months and I'm starting to see the limitations of such a slim case. For one, I go to school 6 days a week and I rarely take my laptop with me because my backpack does not accommodate a laptop well. Although, the depth of the Detour bag is the same as my Eddie Bauer backpack, the organization with my bag is horrible. It's just one large area for binders and books with a smaller pocket up front that will hold a large paperback, some pencils and pens and a calculator. I usually stuff my Incase sleeve into my bag with a binder and some books, resulting in a very squished, unorganized mess. Another thing is that my bag is a simple backpack, there are no other options but to carry it on my back.
I often resort to carrying both bags with me, which is far from ideal. So, i've been looking for an alternative and have been leaning in the direction of something that is roomy, organized, and versitile. A friend recently impressed me with his Timbuk2 messenger bag. While I liked it, I still wanted to have the option to wear my bag as a backpack for extended periods of time when the situation demanded it.
In comes the Detour. It seems to be a good compromise between a messenger bag and a backpack. But, I have yet to find a really in depth review of the bag or close up photographs. Are there any detour owners out there willing to share their first hand experiences and if possible, close up pictures of the bag? I was thinking of getting an all black model, but the black and grey combination also looks cool. I'm afraid it will look generic though. Some close up shots would definitely help me out a ton. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rag on a muffin
Senior User
Mar 25, 2004, 11:27 PM

i am just not very good at picking out the right case. i seem to make the wrong choice every time for a case about 3 times now. the main one is i bought this high sierra bag which had great reviews, but it barely fits my tiny powerbook! i had to pull the straps as tight as possible, and it still doesn't fit. then i made another mistake. i bought a case specifically made for the powerbook 12", when it was actually made for the ibook 12". sometimes finding the perfect thing is so aggravating.
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz, PowerBook G4 12" 1 Ghz (DVI) Dell 24" monitor
Porsche 944, Mercedes 240D (running onWaste Vegetable Oil)

Xerxes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2004, 04:52 AM

I recently bought a 15'PB and was looking for a hard case for my machine. Only normally priced one was this Targus Hard Shell. Very light, very tough, excellent protection.

If you dont want a pretty and fashionable case which offers no protection go for this:

http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=C778

Targus Hard Shell case

X

Nibi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2004, 07:49 PM

I just got my Radtech Powersleeve for my soon to arrive 12" Powerbook. I can't really give an in depth review because I dont even have my PB yet but from what I can tell its a pretty nifty sleeve. I mean it will fit my needs perfectly.

I already own a Crumple Crisp Suit messenger bag. That bag is awesome. I can vouch for it. It has an integrated padded laptop compartment and I used to carry my 15" compaq around in it. it has one large compartment that has a thin divider. It easily carries 4 medium sized textbooks. It also has a hidden pocket behind built behind the laptop compartment. It has a front zipper pocket with room for 5-6 pens a pocket for your PDA and just room for junk. On top of the zipper compartment there are two large zipper pockets perfect for putting power cords mice or other assorted peripherals. Throughout the entire bag you have about 4 additional pockets. The strap is fully adjustable and durable.

The overall construction of the bag is excellent and the only problem is that it is a bit bulky. But dont let that fool you, because it is also surprisingly lightweight. Most of the bulk comes from the crazy amount of padding in this bag, so even if it is empty it looks full. It also stands upright so you never have to worry about leaning your bag up against anything.

I would recommend this bag to students who always need their laptops and their textbooks handy. Its also cool as a bag to take to work. It is my everyday bag. Oh yeah, and for you more husky/portly folk, much like myself, this bag is great. I know that one of the problems I always had was finding a bag that fit me well.

I am constantly getting compliments on the bag and the warranty is solid.

Oh yeah, it resists water and dries really quickly so you dont need to carry around a wet bag.

So about the Powersleeve. My new powerbook is 12 inch and much to small for my bags compartment. If I were to toss it in it would slide all around and ruin the finish on the PB. So I bought the Powersleeve to protect my investment and to not have to buy a new bag.

I hope this has helped.
Well man, sometimes you just gotta race.

nick_coday
Apr 6, 2004, 12:20 PM

Has anyone tried the new cases from Macally??

http://www.macally.com/spec/carrying...er_series.html

They seem to be well priced and good quality.
--------------------------------------
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

khemani
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2004, 07:53 PM

I was looking for a backpack for my Powerbook. Mine is a 15" Aluminum version. I went with the Smart Alec from Tom Bihn - a backpack of exceptional quality, well designed, attractive, comfortable, protective, using high quality materials.

I've made a review, with pictures, available here.

Enjoy!

samiller99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2004, 09:58 AM

now this is a nice carrying bag for a laptop

Colubia Sportswear

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2004, 08:24 PM

i went ahead and got the Timbuk2 commute bag .... WOW, so comfortable, so well made, and my 12" PB fits perfectly. amazing bag, well worth the $100.

DevNine
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2004, 05:54 AM

I got a yellow shoulder bag from GAP for $25 with an inlay in the middle for a laptop which fits the 12" perfectly.
http://winlab.csbnet.se Visit the Mac Demo Scene.

gdiddy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2004, 10:19 AM

Samsonite_Backpacks Collection - Hisize

Think a TiBook will fit? 11x13x2 Laptop sleeve.

17.99 with free shippingSamsonite HiSize backpack
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

Buster: Oh, yeah yeah, those guys did a pretty good job.

mhawker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 16, 2004, 09:20 PM

I just got the Booq PS15. Great looking bag, but not a great fit IMO for my PB 15. Length is fine, but it is wider by about 2" or so. I'd rather it be a more snug fit. It can wiggle back and forth

Not a big deal for me since I'm only going to use it for storage at home to keep the cats, dust, etc away.

Mike

badtz
Mac Elite
Apr 18, 2004, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by mhawker:
I just got the Booq PS15. Great looking bag, but not a great fit IMO for my PB 15. Length is fine, but it is wider by about 2" or so. I'd rather it be a more snug fit. It can wiggle back and forth

Not a big deal for me since I'm only going to use it for storage at home to keep the cats, dust, etc away.

Mike
anything further about the new Booq bag? I'm also highly considering the bag.

Is there anyway to put up some photos of the bag? [the only photos i've seen are the ones at the website]

? Thanks

jessejlt
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2004, 11:14 PM

I just bought the timbuk2 Commute bag for my 15" AlBook and am not very happy with it. I absolutely hate the velcro, and it's a bit big for my needs.

Anyone with the Brenthaven Profile: I see that it's a top-load with a zipper, is there any protection against rain with that thing or can rain seep through the zipper unimpeded?
jesse ;-)

Nivag
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2004, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by paran0idandr0id:
Has anyone tried the Crumpler School Hymn 15"? Im interested in this model, but Im not sure if its made for the PowerBook G4 Aluminum, as the catalogue shows a Titanium PowerBook instead, and this is kind of confusing. Im also concerned about the zippers not having enough protection and scratching the PowerBooks sides.
yes the Aluminium 15" does fit in the School Hymn, as for the zips, i'll have a look at one tomorrow and check, but from what i remember it's fine.

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2004, 10:25 AM

My 12in just arrived in the mail along with a Sportfolio bag from Marware.com (recommended by someone in this thread). First off the bag fits my 12in like a glove. No room for wiggle. The rubber siding looks like its going to protect my Powerbook from any fort of shock it might endure in my backpack. It also looks quite nice, and due to the size, I've already shocked a couple of people when I pull out a laptop. The only downside to it is that it has a 'gym bag smell,' which is due to the rubber siding on it. I'm quite confident that it will go away in a week or so. If you want a sleeve, I'd say get the Sportsfolio from Marware.com, I'm enjoying it.

nick_coday
Apr 23, 2004, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by MilkmanDan:
My 12in just arrived in the mail along with a Sportfolio bag from Marware.com (recommended by someone in this thread). First off the bag fits my 12in like a glove. No room for wiggle. The rubber siding looks like its going to protect my Powerbook from any fort of shock it might endure in my backpack. It also looks quite nice, and due to the size, I've already shocked a couple of people when I pull out a laptop. The only downside to it is that it has a 'gym bag smell,' which is due to the rubber siding on it. I'm quite confident that it will go away in a week or so. If you want a sleeve, I'd say get the Sportsfolio from Marware.com, I'm enjoying it.
I am still leaning towards the new laptop sleeves over at Timbuk2.

They also have new totes, but they run $80 while the sleeves are $40
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

gdiddy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 23, 2004, 01:08 PM

Got my Samsonite HiSize Cream colored backpack from eBags. Nice backpack! Fits a TiBook no problem. Plenty of pockets and storage space. The color is more beige than in the photos on the eBags site. If you have a pantone color guide the light beige is close to warm gray 2C and the darker section is warm gray 8C. Heres some photos:

TiBook snuggly stowed.

Side shot

Overall.

For 17.99 this is one kick ass bag!
Michael: Hasn't everything been sort of discovered now by like Magellan and Cortez?

Buster: Oh, yeah yeah, those guys did a pretty good job.

Uriel
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2004, 01:27 AM

How do you think that would hold a 15in AL? I'm looking for a good bag, but I'm on a budget, the price is tempting, but I still don't know about room in it. Could you show some more pics of the front and inside pockets? Thanks.

nick_coday
Apr 24, 2004, 01:55 AM

I already have the RoadWired MegaMedia bag http://www.roadwired.com/store/Produ...1&Productid=6, but don't want to have to grab my 15" Al with barehands and lift out of the main compartment.

Thus, I am going to get the new Timbuk2 Laptop Grip Sleeves http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/c...?categoryId=21 tomorrow to hold my Powerbook and lift out of the bag.

This should protect my baby very securely and I will feel better on my trip to Turkey in 7 weeks!

I an very psyched!
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

nick_coday
Apr 24, 2004, 07:11 PM

Just got the Timbuk2 Laptop Grip Sleeve and it is a perfect fit for the 15" Al Powerbook. I have posted some pictures on my website over here:

http://www.ncoday.com
15.2" 1.25Ghz AlPBook
512MB RAM, SuperDrive

JimmyT
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 25, 2004, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by nick_coday:
Just got the Timbuk2 Laptop Grip Sleeve and it is a perfect fit for the 15" Al Powerbook. I have posted some pictures on my website over here:

http://www.ncoday.com
Nice pics, it looks like a good sleeve. If anyone is still reading this thread, does anyone have the small size and a 12" PB? I want to know if it's a good fit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules