Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 3)
Scooterboy
Senior User
Oct 21, 2003, 06:23 PM

Cooper's Ale for me, mate!
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2003, 09:25 PM

Ipaq 5755(bluetooth), 1.25-15AL,Self Built PC +sony 19 inch monitor, Harmon Kardon Champagne speakers...

not pictured: Sony F505
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 21, 2003, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by TypeMRT:
Where did you get those pads for your palmrest? I tried some from Targus but they left nasty imprints on the screen and wouldn't let the lid close properly.

Thanks
I got them in Japan. They are less than 1mm thick, so they don't affect the screen closing at all. I'm not sure if you can get them in the US, but you might try searching this forum for "Wrist Rugs" or "Wrist Rags" (they originally called them "rags" but it was a mistake).

gwright
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2003, 06:38 AM

http://zorian.ath.cx/images/2%20PowerBooks.jpg

Be warned - this is hosted on my home ADSL link... 256 upload, it'll be a tad slow!

Anyway, that's a rev B 667MHz TiBook on the right (the one with no L3 cache, but with a combo drive), and a rev A 1.25GHz AlBook on the left (stock configuration). No white spots appeared (yet).

The TiBook has an 80GB TravelStar in it, and its original hdd is in the aluminium enclosure on the right. One snag with the AlBook is that the USB drivers are _SCREWED_ - whilst the hdd will mount on the tibook, it won't on the albook; hoping Panther will fix all this!

- George

Fillman
Forum Regular
Oct 23, 2003, 07:47 AM

Here's the home set up with a few desk inhabitants who like reading the screens of the PB12" RevA and iMac 1Ghz. Both with wireless connections

http://homepage.mac.com/tgrice/PeerReviewers.jpg

( Last edited by Fillman; Oct 23, 2003 at 07:53 AM. )
- Earth First - We'll mine the rest of the planets later

elvis2000
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2003, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by Fillman:
Here's the home set up with a few desk inhabitants who like reading the screens of the PB12" RevA and iMac 1Ghz. Both with wireless connections

LOL! My Maine Coon has been extremely interested in my new AlBook. Great pic.

jw

dcsmrgun
Oct 23, 2003, 09:48 AM

Man, how the heck does one keep a computer desk clean. I cleaned up to take that pic on page two, and now its in a state that even I can't stand to look at it. Mostly cables. Any time I go to plug my firewire drive into my Al, it tangles with 18 other cables, sending things into a frenzy of destruction the likes of which not even the Borg can accomplish.

I think this weekend calls for a general cleaning up and removal of excess cabling, hardware, etc. Frustration!

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Oct 23, 2003, 09:52 AM

Is it true that the trackpad of the PB 12 was designed to be used with paws??
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

gwright
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2003, 10:33 AM

bugger, forgot I'd unplugged my server zorian.ath.cx should be back up now.

- George

spatterson
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2003, 10:51 AM

Nice setup! Also nice IKEA light!!!

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 23, 2003, 11:02 AM

Your setup reminds me of a JOT comic.
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2003, 03:22 PM

Ohh so THAT'S why the darn cat is always on the desk when I'm at the computer.

Here's my setup. It's not as fancy as everyone's, but I like it Notice the reappearance of the Ikea lamp and the lack of cat (cat's not allowed in my room)

P.S. That huge white spot on the screen is from the flash; it's NOT the infamous white spot that everyone's talking about. heh.

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2003, 04:40 PM

Wish I have a digital camera to take pictures and post it here, but I'm a poor college student who can't afford it at this point. That and I'm starting to save for the G5 Powerbooks

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Skypat  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2003, 12:18 PM

I'de like to see more real life picture of the 12" PowerBook !! (15 and 17 are also welcome, iBooks too)
S k y p a t

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2003, 03:37 PM

Yeah, real-life pics of the 12" would be awesome!

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 06:16 PM

My new PowerBook which i got yesterday.

http://homepage.mac.com/crackedbutter/PhotoAlbum11.html

This thing is great, as any other 15" PB owner would testify.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

mrfoxxman
Forum Regular
Oct 31, 2003, 11:40 PM

Here is a picture of my new 17" PowerBook 1.33GHz. I just got it and am totally loving it. I also got a shot of my G3 Tower, Scanner and Klipsch 4.1 system.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2003, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by ///Milien:
[
Milien, is that Griffin's iCurve your PowerBook is sitting on? Where did you get the little end bumpers that keep the PB from sliding off? Our iCurve didn't come with those when we purchased it 6 mos. ago.

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2003, 12:08 PM

I bought the iCurve at my local Apple store and the 'bumpers' were inside the box. It's basically a self-adhesive rubber stopper. I bought my iCurve about a month ago.
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

voyageur
Mac Elite
Nov 1, 2003, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by ///Milien:
I bought the iCurve at my local Apple store and the 'bumpers' were inside the box. It's basically a self-adhesive rubber stopper. I bought my iCurve about a month ago.
Hmm...thanks for the info. One of our 17" Powerbooks at work keeps sliding off its iCurve...think I'll call Griffin and find out if we can get some.

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2003, 05:00 PM

No problem. There's another PowerBoo/iBook stand that I use from Lapvantage as well. I will take a photo later and post that one as well.
 Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz Xeon | 12GB RAM | 2.5TB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | 24" LED Cinema Display
 Mac mini [Unibody] 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 8GB RAM | 500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid HDD | 24" LED Cinema Display
 MacBook Air 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 256GB SDD
Too many accessories to list...

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 12:40 AM

Here's my PowerBook + PC set. One button switch between Mac and PC on the monitor

Ryan1524
Senior User
Nov 2, 2003, 01:09 AM

I love those KB and mouse sets. have you tried pairing the MX900 with the PB??
Ryan

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 01:22 AM

Yes, it is paired with PB with the extra buttons mapped to Expose.

fewlio
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2003, 01:49 AM

I really enjoyed this thread, and was inspired to take a picture of my own setup. So here it is! If anyone knows where to get a bigger better portrait of Steve Jobs to use for my PowerBook wallpaper, please let me know.

( Last edited by fewlio; Nov 2, 2003 at 01:57 AM. )

terrancew_hod
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by fewlio:
I really enjoyed this thread, and was inspired to take a picture of my own setup. So here it is! If anyone knows where to get a bigger better portrait of Steve Jobs to use for my PowerBook wallpaper, please let me know.

So where's your Powerbook?

Terrance

P.S. OK, maybe I'm being a grouch, but please at least clean up the area before snapping your pics. Don't have to let the whole world know you're a slob...

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2003, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by CrackedButter:
My new PowerBook which i got yesterday.

http://homepage.mac.com/crackedbutter/PhotoAlbum11.html

This thing is great, as any other 15" PB owner would testify.
Haha! I love it man. Do you always stand when you work on it? Or do you take it off that stand sometimes.

Also, how do you like those little dimple wrist rest things? I was thinking of getting something like that after trying out one of my coworkers and those seem like they'd work best with a PB. Course, they kind of detract from the PB's clean look...

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 02:43 AM

Originally posted by terrancew_hod:
So where's your Powerbook?

Terrance

P.S. OK, maybe I'm being a grouch, but please at least clean up the area before snapping your pics. Don't have to let the whole world know you're a slob...
looks clean to me...

actually the area could use more empty liquor containers...
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2003, 03:46 AM

Necrocool: HOLY Mother of ALL that is GOOD...that is one SWEET setup!

Question: Is that 12" PowerBook running off the external monitor? Or are you running OS X from the desktop?

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 04:49 AM

Thanks IceMan OS X is running from the PowerBook via DVI, and the PC is connected to the same monitor through VGA.

EvanV
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 04:56 AM

Originally posted by Necrocool:
Thanks IceMan OS X is running from the PowerBook via DVI, and the PC is connected to the same monitor through VGA.
Is that the Logitech MX700 Series? If so, how do you like it? I need some wireless mouse and keyboard for my PB.

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Nov 2, 2003, 05:04 AM

I got my Logitech MX700 a week ago. Using it with a PB17. Never thought a mouse could be that good: light (and I mean light), very responsive, great feel (fits right into my hand), lots of extra buttons (haven`t programmed those yet)-everything I ever dreamed off.

And it`s great for gaming, too.
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by EvanV:
Is that the Logitech MX700 Series? If so, how do you like it? I need some wireless mouse and keyboard for my PB.
The top one is MX700 and the buttom one is MX900 paired with PB's built-in Bluetooth. They are the best mice ever made. MX700 uses Fast RF technology which is analog but is as fast as a corded mouse (125Hz). It is super smooth even in fast action games. MX900 uses Bluetooth technology and the charging cradle doubles as a Bluetooth hub. It is great for laptops with built-in Bluetooth since you do not have to plug anything into your laptop in order to use it. The only drawback is that it is not as fast as MX700 due to the speed of Bluetooth, but you won't notice the speed difference during regular desktop usage.

Check out my MX700 review at http://www.earthv.com/articles.asp?A...=703&offset=-1
and stay tuned for MX900 review.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 06:22 AM

I have the mx700 setup with the keyboard too, and I love it.
Works perfect and the mouse is really good, and I can use all the different expose functions with the keys on the mouse.

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by xylon:
Haha! I love it man. Do you always stand when you work on it? Or do you take it off that stand sometimes.

Also, how do you like those little dimple wrist rest things? I was thinking of getting something like that after trying out one of my coworkers and those seem like they'd work best with a PB. Course, they kind of detract from the PB's clean look...
Yeah i mostly stand when i am web surfing or playing a game (same setup with old iBook) but if i am doing heavy work i can pull out the chair or go college which is only 250 feet away down the road.

To the left of the surge protector is a windows pc (with TFT) on the floor, i'm keeping it safe for my ex gf, i am thinking of putting it underneath the PowerBook. To save space an all.

By the way, i stand mainly because i cannot get comfortable in nearly any chair and it hurts my back. So i decided to stand to ease the pain, but the legs suffer somewhat now.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2003, 12:24 PM

There's my 15" 1.25ghz sitting in my apartment in Kenmore Square.

I'm not wealthy so much as I'm completely broke.

Edit: My webhost is being crappy lately, the image will show up at some point, I hope.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2003, 12:35 PM

"Gday Mate. Glad to hear you liked Australia, it really is a beautiful country! A lot of people here don't realism how nice it really is

I'm not far from Newcastle, about a hour and a half drive south, in a suburb called Hornsby...bout 45 minute drive from the CBD.

I've had quite a few people from overseas stay with me (Brits)...and they all seem to take a quick liking to VB and Tooheys New.

My favourite drink of late would have to be Canadian Club...not cheap over here though"

Many times it is good if you can find a nice place to live and the world doesnt find out.

I know australia is beautiful, and many people dont seem to know. If they did your populations would sky rocket.

Look at souther California. Everyone started to recognized its pristine weather and beautiful landscape and next thing you know they have 20 million people living with in 90 miles of each other. The worst pollution and traffic in the US. Not to mention the cost of living is unbearable for many multi-generation inhabitants. Its still a beautiful place but a huge population takes its toll on any place.

So enjoy the beauty, maybe I will come down there to live with ya.

heres my pics
http://homepage.mac.com/lanelevin/PhotoAlbum4.html
( Last edited by forcelite; Nov 2, 2003 at 01:18 PM. )
Force

Silencer
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2003, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by toans:
Originally posted by bigben 1024

Gday Mate. Glad to hear you liked Australia, it really is a beautiful country! A lot of people here don't realise how nice it really is

I'm not far from Newcastle, about a hour and a half drive south, in a suburb called Hornsby...bout 45 minute drive from the CBD.

I've had quite a few people from overseas stay with me (Brits)...and they all seem to take a quick liking to VB and Tooheys New.

My favourite drink of late would have to be Canadian Club...not cheap over here though
Wooooohhh I'm from Hornsby too, well I live in Wahroonga, small world huh
( Last edited by Silencer; Nov 2, 2003 at 05:20 PM. )

goth895
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2003, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Necrocool:
The top one is MX700 and the buttom one is MX900 paired with PB's built-in Bluetooth. They are the best mice ever made. MX700 uses Fast RF technology which is analog but is as fast as a corded mouse (125Hz). It is super smooth even in fast action games. MX900 uses Bluetooth technology and the charging cradle doubles as a Bluetooth hub. It is great for laptops with built-in Bluetooth since you do not have to plug anything into your laptop in order to use it. The only drawback is that it is not as fast as MX700 due to the speed of Bluetooth, but you won't notice the speed difference during regular desktop usage.

Check out my MX700 review at http://www.earthv.com/articles.asp?A...=703&offset=-1
and stay tuned for MX900 review.
where did you get the MX900? I've been holding out on buying a mouse because i haven't been able to find it...

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2003, 12:52 AM

goth895: Try eCost.com. They have it for $84.43 w/ free shipping.

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2003, 02:52 AM

<This space under renovation>

xGrape
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 3, 2003, 06:05 AM

My new 12" PowerBook. JBL Creature speakers and Logitech MX500 mouse.
12" PowerBook, 1GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, 60 GB HD, Dell 20" Widescreen

mishap
Mac Elite
Nov 3, 2003, 11:34 AM

swiz
GUI Punk
Nov 3, 2003, 05:26 PM

Happy to say I finally got my Powerbook last week.

Click the pic for grande' size.

The setup consists of:
15" Al Gigabook
Cinema Display
Dual 1gz Quicksilver
15g iPod

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

GlobalNomad
Senior User
Nov 3, 2003, 10:14 PM

Great setup!
By the way... What kind of cats are thoes?

Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 4, 2003, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by mishap:
Newbury Street
The building above and next to Virgin Records, eh?

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

mishap
Mac Elite
Nov 4, 2003, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Chemmy:
The building above and next to Virgin Records, eh?

Yeah the virgin records building. 360 newbury

[post 666]

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 4, 2003, 06:37 PM

I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

KBFinFan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2003, 06:51 PM

Everyone's setups look very very nice! As soon as I straighten up my desk at school I'll be sure to show of my 15" AlPB.

Keep 'em coming...

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 4, 2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by mishap:
Nice. Gotta like Boston. Good locale
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

Forum Links
Forum Rules