Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 9)
built2crawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2004, 11:55 PM

maceye
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2004, 01:32 AM

That's a cool screensaver you have--where did you get it?

built2crawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2004, 03:42 AM

Found the screen saver on versiontracker.com

Search for "redpill"

It's free.

meem
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2004, 07:11 AM

First of all I love that desk. Second of all everyone has that desk because it is so cool with a al mac, or any mac for that matter. I tried looking on staples, but no luck. Does anyone know the manu. or name of that exact desk, and price maybe USD$? Thanks alot!
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...e=1&Sku=502739

Furniture / Computer Workcenters / Compact Computer Workcenters /

Legacy Glass L-Desk

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2004, 02:12 PM

I found the redpill screensaver but the instructions tell me to find the screensavers folder in my Library and I dont have a screensavers folder, how do I get this screensaver to work, I really want it.

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2004, 02:24 PM

You can either make a "Screen Savers" folder in your Library folder or put it in the main Library folder wight inside the drive. When it's in the Library/Screen Savers/ folder in your Home folder, it should only be accessible to you when you're logged in. When it's in the main Library/Screen Savers inside the drive, any user on the computer will be able to set that as their screen saver. Clear enough? I hope.

ryju
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2004, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by gbarill:
this is my uneventful dorm room tibook setup.
i did the best i could to make my desk look lived in, but it still looks like a dorm.

click to make it full size, i thought i'd be nice and keep the image small for the sake of those who don't want to see my deskin it's HUGE glory.

So how was the Radiohead concert?

gbarill
Jan 23, 2004, 01:21 AM

Originally posted by ryju:
So how was the Radiohead concert?
well, there was one right here on campus on august 30 (at thunderbird stadium, which is literally within sight of my window you see there, so i could hear it through my window) but my brother couldn't afford to go, so alas i missed it.
i saw them live in barrie, ont. 2 and a half years ago now. great show, that.

JonathanT
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2004, 08:29 AM

Finally I got my new Powerbook and in the same time my new Desk, here's what it looks like :

Details :
- Powerbook 15" 1.25Ghz 512Mo(1dimm) 80Go(5400rpm) AE BT SD

- PowerMac B&W G3-350Mhz 576Mo 200Go

- Logitech Desktop MX keyboard & mouse

- JBL Invaders 4.1 Speakers

- ikea Desk & lamp

KeilwerthSX90R
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2004, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by JonathanT:

Details :
- Powerbook 15" 1.25Ghz 512Mo(1dimm) 80Go(5400rpm) AE BT SD

- PowerMac B&W G3-350Mhz 576Mo 200Go

- Logitech Desktop MX keyboard & mouse

- JBL Invaders 4.1 Speakers

- ikea Desk & lamp
JonathanT what Ikea desk is that? I've been looking for something like it and I can't find it on the Ikea website.

Thanks,
Josh

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jan 24, 2004, 04:35 AM

i believe it's the larger Jerker model with the side extension.
Ryan

JonathanT
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2004, 04:44 AM

Josh : that's a Ikea Galant Combination Right with a little addition you see on the picture you quoted...

This is a really nice desk, with a lot of space to work !

masahito
Jan 24, 2004, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by built2crawl:
Here's my setup.

http://homepage.mac.com/j_joanino/PhotoAlbum14.html
wow where did u get that keyboard from? cool stuff!!!

ae86_16v
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2004, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by masahito:
wow where did u get that keyboard from? cool stuff!!!
Yeah, I was thinking of exactly the same thing. Such low profile keys. . . looks really really cool.
PowerBook G4
1.25GHz/512MB/80GB/SuperDrive/BT/APX/Backlit KB

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 24, 2004, 08:14 AM

masahito, ae86_16v,

It's a MacAlly iceKey

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2004, 11:40 AM

I have an iceKey, too. Best keyboard ever.

Blanchard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2004, 01:09 PM

Allright, here's my pic:

my workplace

I know it's quite messy, but I'm finishing my thesis in one month, so I have no more time for clean-up! (But there's always time to browse forums, I guess... ).

Anyways, is it ok that the sun hits directly the screen of my Powerbook? I usually close the lid almost to the end during this period of daytime, since I primarily do Word stuff (blech!) on my Studio display. But will my LCD screen get damaged if I forget to close the lid?

Ok, greetings to all, and don't be fooled by the sun: out in Montreal, it is now -35 C...

masahito
Jan 25, 2004, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by effgee:
masahito, ae86_16v,

It's a MacAlly iceKey

Cool thanks for the link, I was debating on the macally or the apple bluetooth one.

galaga
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 25, 2004, 02:14 PM

Not very fancy.
( Last edited by galaga; Aug 15, 2006 at 05:59 AM. )

PAC-Rat
Jan 25, 2004, 05:51 PM

Talk about being a closet Mac owner.
400MHz PM G4 (Yikes!)
700MHz iBook G3 (16 VRAM)

prolix
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2004, 10:23 PM

here's my setup. i have both a powerbook and a g5

walls are a little bare still. i've got some paintings i'm going to put up, just haven't gotten around to it yet
( Last edited by prolix; Feb 5, 2004 at 09:00 PM. )

Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by prolix:

*snip*
*snip*

walls are a little bare still. i've got some paintings i'm going to put up, just haven't gotten around to it yet
Nice!!! Very clean setup! I like!

lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2004, 07:54 PM

[img]http://www3.telus.net/_content/powerbook.jpg[img]

blah! how come i can't post an image?

teknik
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2004, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by lunaticbunny:
[img]http://www3.telus.net/_content/powerbook.jpg[img]

blah! how come i can't post an image?

lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2004, 10:20 PM

what? how? damnit! what's wrong with my thing?

Originally posted by teknik:

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jan 27, 2004, 01:38 AM

it's [/img], not [img] to end it.
beautiful picture.
Ryan

Daytonaaaaa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2004, 08:12 AM

My simple setup.

Details:
- PowerBook G4 15" 1.25Ghz/1024 RAM/80G HD
- PowerBook G3 14" 266Mhz/192 RAM/4G HD
- Kensington Optical Elite
- 15G iPod
- Netgear MR314 (Behind the powerbook)
- Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers (got it for $20 over Thanksgiving!)

Daytona

ryju
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2004, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by gbarill:
well, there was one right here on campus on august 30 (at thunderbird stadium, which is literally within sight of my window you see there, so i could hear it through my window) but my brother couldn't afford to go, so alas i missed it.
i saw them live in barrie, ont. 2 and a half years ago now. great show, that.
:O WOW I live in Barrie, I still can't believe I don't remember about it, but my friend went to that one, said it was the best, but not as good as the one I took him to last October. I heard they had 4 encores??

dabigdawg
Jan 28, 2004, 04:08 PM

Nice Setup - I like the dek and the simplicity.
"It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!"

15"/1ghz Ti/1gb/powerbook Panther
----------------------
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 10gb Ram 2TB discs with ATI 1900xt
----------------------
iMac Grape 333 256Ram 6gb

iSight, iPod Video 80 gb

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2004, 03:59 PM

How would a regular joe shmoe like me post a picture up on this thread, got some cool pic's but havent gotten the slightest clue on how to post them.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2004, 04:22 PM

iREZ:
1. Load your pic to a place that can host it, like Spymac.com or if you have your own .Mac or other website.
2. Link your pic from that site back here, like this:
[img]LINK to your PIC's website HERE[/img]

Done.

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by galaga:

Not very fancy.
Dah!! Closet Mac user!!!

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2004, 07:35 PM

Cant wait till I get my new desk and monitor to go along with this baby, hope you guys enjoy.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2004, 07:37 PM

Opps lemme try this again

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2004, 07:39 PM

Ahhhh screw it heres the address, can't figure out this crap
http://homepage.mac.com/dadour/PhotoAlbum1.html
(sorry for the fifty posts)

prolix
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2004, 11:39 PM

updated my setup a bit. i was gonna put a tv card in my g5 but then i found the 13" sony wega at the store. same price as the card so i figured i'd just get that instead. plus i can hook my gamecube up to it

( Last edited by prolix; Feb 5, 2004 at 09:01 PM. )

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2004, 08:47 AM

updated my setup a bit. i was gonna put a tv card in my g5 but then i found the 13" sony wega at the store. same price as the card so i figured i'd just get that instead. plus i can hook my gamecube up to it
Dang dude you RAWK.

Swanky setup dude. I'm getting a 14" toshiba myself though. What'd you fork out for that tv?

I plan to do something so similar it's not even funny. I have a black gamecube and alladat and of course the good ole' glass table (mine's the larger kind with frosted top tho)....

Sheesh you even have a lava lamp (then again I have a glitter lamp *shrug* I want your lamp!)

Do you play zelda by any chance?
Aloha

prolix
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2004, 11:42 AM

i'm a little obsessive about my computer setups especially at home. even at the office i'm always messing around and moving my desk around. no cool mac stuff at work though

as for the tv, i saw the toshiba one too. i stood there just for a while trying to figure out what one had the best picture. the toshiba might have even looked a little better than the sony, but the overall size was a little larger and i wasn't sure if it would fit in that corner as well as the sony did. i paid 179$ bux for it. I originally wanted an AlchemyTV DVR card but I wasn't sure if it would work out that well since it would take up a good chunk of screen real estate to use it (plus if i'm working in most apps i won't even be able to see the tv window)

the gamecube looks pretty good on the small screen. i haven't played zelda for a long time, i used to play it waaaay back in the day. i've heard the new one for gamecube is good, just haven't picked it up yet. right now i'm addicted to need for speed underground

Invincible J
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2004, 11:52 AM

I'm looking forward to purchasing my PowerBook in a fortnight, I'm very excited, I'm going to the Apple Centre in town tomorrow to have a look and stuff.

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2004, 06:30 AM

the gamecube looks pretty good on the small screen. i haven't played zelda for a long time, i used to play it waaaay back in the day. i've heard the new one for gamecube is good, just haven't picked it up yet. right now i'm addicted to need for speed underground
You rawk. I'm addicted to all things need for speed

Hoping to get the toshiba myself in a week or two O_O I can hardly wait XD

The one turn off with the sony is it's lack of so many video ports (the toshiba has 1 front av in, 1 back av in, and 1 shared av in or component in, as well as svideo (I think), av out, and the usual coax input).

Needless to say, the specs spoiled me and I'm reluctant to buy any of the other FST's I've seen because of that. Having both the gamecube and my xbox (mistake I made before I got the gamecube -- but sometimes games for it are cheaper anyway) on there, without using the front jack + still having space for more = drool worthy.

I suppose btoh are awesome. I kinda like the sony's look a little more but the toshiba is still awesome

Err back to the stuff.. From what I've heard the alchemyTV card doesn't really meet up to a friend's expectations so I'm not so crazy about it myself, besides having a second TV I can keep down here at my desk or take up to my room that has an awesome screen MEANT for TV (unlike your monitor which will display a distorted image), and whatnot is nicer, not to mention the increased lag there might be with a dv card and the total lack of enough inputs.

Anyway that sony does look awesome. I used to have a sony monitor back in the day and loved it's tube but *shrug* went on to the cinema display I have now. As for being a neatfreak I try to be myself but it really depends how many machines I have setup...

kinda varies between this and that

Admittedly I don't keep my setup in dark rooms, it's just that I usually forget during the day and take the setup pics at night, not to mention I don't yet have as much space as I wish I did... that will come when we move to our other house (a move which keeps getting delayed, and delayed, and delayed BUT both our house prices keep going up == more money to buy cool things and.. get into business and make even more rofl)

Well I suppose you get the idea. Frankly I think it sucks ass to have only 1 table setup at the moment down here (as I still have an entire corner setup in my room but it varies so much it's hard to take picts of), and well um yeah :sigh:

I can hardly wait to have a nice room with nice lighting and nice window fixings and all of that (actually there should be a mechoshade behind my desk but the installer forgot the brackets for it and well.. it's been sitting rolled up in the closet for the past 2 years )

Zelda Windwaker rawks, btw and there's a zelda collection wtih zelda 1, zelda 2, oot, and MM out there that you might like <-- got both with my gamecube for christmas and love em dearly :grin:

Now if only I had that tv because along with a controller [my brother took mine after messing the cable for his up by accident -- but mine will get replaced with a platinum wavebird!] I'd have a way to play the games.. the other tvs in this house are kinda.. well let's just say I can't use them

:shrug: anyway awesome setup. I need to get NFSHP2 myself.. I'm still banging my head into the wall that I didn't pick up on the best buy deal where you could get it for $5 (provided you bought another $5 game -- yes it was a weird deal that lasted very shortly) -- but then it'd be the xbox version and I hesitate to buy anything xbox.

Ironically I'm planning to put the tv on the right side of my monitor. I feel so pathetic that my monitor's MUCH bigger than my tv will be (almost by a factor of 2 14"ers laid on their sides and put next to each other), but oh well

You might not have a monitor like that.. but you have a g5 and a powerbook.. and I'm jealous!!! O_o The G5s are beautiful and while I don't really plan on getting one anytime soon I might get a powerbook someday.

:sigh: I can't believe I just talked so damn much about a f'cking setup. lol. The world needs more cool people that like good games + use macs :]

*notes his g/f agrees with that but her room is a freaking mess* If I post a pict she'll kill me
( Last edited by Link; Jan 31, 2004 at 06:36 AM. )
Aloha

prolix
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2004, 02:39 PM

heh, well i'm glad someone else enjoys my setup as much as i do

i agree the toshiba may have had a more flexible port setup. the sony i have has the rca ports on the back, along with component video. then 1 more set of rca jacks on the front. it does what i need, i'm tempted to buy the component video cable for my gamecube to see if the quality is any better, although i doubt it. analog is analog right?

i have a tv tuner card (similar to the alchemy one) in one of my pc's at work. the quality is ok, but its not as good as a normal tv. part of that influenced the purchase of a small tv over the alchemy card for my g5.

i think mac users tend to be a bit more obsessive with their system setups that PC users. i think apple has such a design following that its users also have the same sense of design. thats what my degree is in, graphic design. although my job really has little to do with design anymore. if you ever check out some of these pc users who are obsessed with case modding, its a truly horrible thing. none of them have any sense of style, sort of reminds me of these kid who put big muffers and shiny wheels on a rusted out car.

unfortunately at work i live in a mostly windows environment (although i also use linux heavily). i have 4 systems at my desk at work that i use, i'm a SQL dba and systems analyst for an XSP company. i put up with the crap windows stuff at work, but i come home to my mac's. oddly i used to hate macs, back in classic os days. i thought the os sucked, hardware rocked. finally the OS has caught up with the hardware and i think apple has managed to pull off what a lot of linux companies never could. all the power of *nix and the ability for it to just work withouth all teh nightmares of library madness and re-compiles to get stuff to work (although you can do that in os X if you really want.. )

anyway, i think my setup is pretty much finalized. i used to move and change stuff all around but i'm finally content. just need to do some cable cleanup! (the mess is all hidden behind the stand the tv is on)

PeterKG
Senior User
Jan 31, 2004, 04:06 PM

Prolix,

Where did you buy your desk. Most are black frame. Yours looks silver to match the Powerbooks.

Thanks!
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

Link
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2004, 10:25 PM

i used to hate macs, back in classic os days. i thought the os sucked, hardware rocked. finally the OS has caught up with the hardware and i think apple has managed to pull off what a lot of linux companies never could. all the power of *nix and the ability for it to just work withouth all teh nightmares of library madness and re-compiles to get stuff to work (although you can do that in os X if you really want.. )

anyway, i think my setup is pretty much finalized. i used to move and change stuff all around but i'm finally content. just need to do some cable cleanup! (the mess is all hidden behind the stand the tv is on)
LOL about the OS X stuff. I felt that way myself, the old OS was quirky as heck compared to the new one.

I used windows from 97 to 2001 :shrug: anyway yeah the cable problem exists with glass tables o_O badly too rofl

Peter it's a studiorta table you can get at bestbuy or officemax/officedepot. The black one you've seen is a different frame.. different company I'm sure.

hrmm as a finishing note my PCs run FreeBSD

*smirk* btw prolix my PC does have a window.. but it came with the case.. and i guess it's fine in terms of moderation...

www.talesmud.com/bluepc.jpg

www.talesmud.com/imac.jpg <- just to neutralize it ... bro's comp

Both I CGed for a science project </plug>
Aloha

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2004, 03:44 AM

Link, could you post a URL to the desktop background pic you have on that iMac (second link of your post)? The one with the green hills and the blue sky...

Thanks.

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2004, 03:48 AM

Yeah, good idea - 'tis a nice background. Me three!

bsodmike
Feb 2, 2004, 10:12 AM

Powerbook is on the right sleeping...

The G5 sitting downstairs in the office XD

Minty Fresh
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2004, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by bsodmike:
*snip*
Powerbook is on the right sleeping...
*snip*
*snip*
*snip*
The G5 sitting downstairs in the office XD
Nice setup....kinda reminds me of mine!!! Like the night shot!

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 2, 2004, 10:12 PM

Yes, nice setup BSoD.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Link
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2004, 11:36 PM

bsod's setup is awesome.... sick.. damn I want it :sighs: The PCs kick arse too..

K peeps, what I have to say about the imac's background is I have no idea where it came from, I know I found it on spymac, big apology for that.

I have it on my webserver but yet again to whoever created it I'm really sorry .. I want to give you credit but I have no idea who you are!!

To top it off, it's not the bliss desktop we all know and love

http://www.talesmud.com/mac_xp.jpg

Enjoy it.. and if anyone can find it or something...cool lol.
Aloha

Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2004, 12:19 AM

Question for Bsodmike

Nice setup. Is that the samsung 173T monitor?

I've been thinking of getting one, but read that you can't access any of the software controls using a mac.

Have you had this problem, care to make any comments on the quality of your screen.
Does the pivot software work?

Thanks,

J.
( Last edited by Freeflyer; Feb 3, 2004 at 12:25 AM. )
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Forum Links
Forum Rules