Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > We all know what time it is.. Now where are the upgrades?

We all know what time it is.. Now where are the upgrades?
GreenHat09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2004, 10:25 PM

If this isn't the ongoing question on the year then I don't know what is. I have heard all over the forums about the 20th of Jan with Apple's 20th anniversary. Everyone is in high anticipation of higher powerbooks and powermacs, along with other surprises. I couldn't wait to get home from school today to see if it happened. But no luck. Now I am wondering, where is it? Is everyone, including me, alittle disappointed? I know there are other dates this week for it to happen, but what better than the 20th. I don't know. I just would like to hear some feedback. I am surprised there aren't more threads about this anticipation today already. Whatever, my hands are tired, but please respond. Thanks alot!

papplegate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2004, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by GreenHat09:
If this isn't the ongoing question on the year then I don't know what is. I have heard all over the forums about the 20th of Jan with Apple's 20th anniversary. Everyone is in high anticipation of higher powerbooks and powermacs, along with other surprises. I couldn't wait to get home from school today to see if it happened. But no luck. Now I am wondering, where is it? Is everyone, including me, alittle disappointed? I know there are other dates this week for it to happen, but what better than the 20th. I don't know. I just would like to hear some feedback. I am surprised there aren't more threads about this anticipation today already. Whatever, my hands are tired, but please respond. Thanks alot!
Thought the 20th Anniversary was on the 24th of Jan?? I read on http://page2.macrumors.com/, that some people thought that the 20th would bring us something, but no such luck. Maybe this Sat will bring good news.
Paul

GreenHat09  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2004, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by papplegate:
Thought the 20th Anniversary was on the 24th of Jan?? I read on http://page2.macrumors.com/, that some people thought that the 20th would bring us something, but no such luck. Maybe this Sat will bring good news.
Paul
Exactly what I am hearing. Maybe the 24th is the day. I don't know. I just thought of 20th anniversary, 20th of Jan, maybe I just stupid. Anyway, what do you guys think? Keep em coming!

akuma-x
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2004, 12:45 AM

Am I the only one that heard what SJ said @ the MWSF keynote? He said that they would be celebrating it through out the year. This tells me that we are not going to get anything large and out of the normal on the 24th. If @ best there will just be an update to the Apple site saying that it's the Mac's birthday.

Forum Links
Forum Rules