Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Powerbook G4 12" 1GHZ AE/BT $850 shipped

Powerbook G4 12" 1GHZ AE/BT $850 shipped
osxpinot
Senior User
Jul 17, 2005, 04:22 PM

Hello, I have a 12" Powerbook G4 that I want to get rid of. It has a couple problems, so I ask that you please read carefully. First off, its specs:

G4 @ 1ghz
512mb of RAM
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth
A/C Adapter
Combo Drive
Good 2-3hr Battery
Original Box sans restore CDs
Bright 12" LCD with no dead pixels

The Bad:
The computer was probably dropped. There is a bulge in the metal on the front right corner; furthermore, as a result of that drop, the battery's edge is a little bent out of shape.

The ethernet port does not work. I'm not quite sure why; it could be a software problem.

I have been receiving occasional kernel panics from this thing. They aren't often, but they do happen. Perhaps that has something to with the drop—I'm not quite sure. Recently they have all happened on waking from sleep.

Overall, if you use AE, it is a pretty reliable machine. I've used it for the past 6 months without a major hitch, but I think I want to get ride of it while it is still worth something. I will entertain offers, but I think my offer is reasonable.
( Last edited by osxpinot; Jul 18, 2005 at 06:59 PM. )

PuNkErX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2005, 12:28 PM

You have a PM

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 18, 2005, 01:51 PM

Maybe posting some pictures would help.

www.photobucket.com
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

osxpinot  (op)
Senior User
Jul 18, 2005, 05:40 PM

I will answer some questions and post pics in the next couple of hours. First of all, this computer is totally useable for long periods of time. This has been my main machine for about the past 5 months. Like I said, I do get a kernel panic from time to time, but they are all happening now on the wake from sleep. I use this computer about 6 hours a day, and I restart it about once a week. It hasn't really given me any problems.

As for the ethernet port being broken, I'm not quite sure. I'm not the original owner of this, and I just discovered this recently as I use Airport to connect to the internet. The other ports work just fine, though.

The rest of the computer is really in great shape. The pictures on their way.

osxpinot  (op)
Senior User
Jul 18, 2005, 06:55 PM

osxpinot  (op)
Senior User
Jul 18, 2005, 07:01 PM

ATTN MODS: I tried to edit my post for JPG orgy, but it does not show up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules