Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > C2D MacBook introduced!

C2D MacBook introduced! (Page 2)
residentEvil
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2006, 07:54 PM

hold your old drive above your new drive and shake...but only in and up and down motion. the bits will fall into the new drive and be good to go.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2006, 08:52 PM

I'll be waiting for Leopard's Time Machine function:

Insert OS X Install CD - get asked if a Time Machine backup volume exists - say "yes" and point to the backup disk - wait fifteen minutes - restart.

Done.

The Godfather
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2006, 11:23 PM

Are the RAM modules compatible with the now outdated Core Duo Macbooks? Anybody want to get $20 for their pair of 512MB sticks?

ChasingApple
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 01:10 AM

Yet another reason why the Macbook is such a better deal then the Macbook Pro for the money! Nice little upgrade for the same price.
iMac G4 / Macbook

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2006, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Are the RAM modules compatible with the now outdated Core Duo Macbooks? Anybody want to get $20 for their pair of 512MB sticks?
Apparently, the new machines still use 667-megahertz DDR2 SDRAM modules. Thus, original MacBook memory should be compatible with the Core 2 Duo MacBooks.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ChasingApple View Post
Yet another reason why the Macbook is such a better deal then the Macbook Pro for the money! Nice little upgrade for the same price.
Some people need the larger display on the go or an actual video card.

Granted, it is $1000 more but you get a 330 MHz faster processor, a high end 256 MB VRAM video card, larger hard drive, double the RAM, a 2.1" larger display with a higher resolution, etc.

ChasingApple
Senior User
Nov 9, 2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by CheesePuff 2.0 View Post
Some people need the larger display on the go or an actual video card.

Granted, it is $1000 more but you get a 330 MHz faster processor, a high end 256 MB VRAM video card, larger hard drive, double the RAM, a 2.1" larger display with a higher resolution, etc.
Hmm, not convinced. Video card people are usually gamers or they need to render something on a professional level, and those people usually go for a desktop solution. 330Mhz means very little in terms of real world performance differences, Hard Drives are easy to swap out in a Macbook where the Macbook Pro cannot be user upgraded, Ram can be upgraded on either, and the 2.1" more screen space is a preference...most people needing high resolutions opting usually for an external display or they are using their desktop computer. Paying $1000 more for very little in terms of real world performance gains just aren't worth it. If someone wants power for $2000 they are buying a Mac Pro, not a Macbook Pro.

Go with the Macbook option, MUCH better price / performance ratio and more upgradable then the Macbook Pro.
iMac G4 / Macbook

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2006, 02:16 PM

You're forgetting the ExpressCard slot and the backlit keyboard/dimming screen (extremely handy in stage performance situations) and Firewire 800.

There are plenty good reasons to buy a MacBook Pro over the the Macbook.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2006, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by seanyepez View Post
Apparently, the new machines still use 667-megahertz DDR2 SDRAM modules. Thus, original MacBook memory should be compatible with the Core 2 Duo MacBooks.
Did anyone else feel the urge to derail this thread to wonder where seanyepez just came back from? He used to be all over all the PowerBook threads before they got SuperDrives, but seemed to have faded away, I dunno, 3 years ago.

Anyway, welcome back, I guess...

zwiebel_
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2006, 03:56 PM

I've gotten the 2Ghz/ Core duo refurb October 24th. Called them today, and they credited back $107. I'm happy

onesupermanfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2006, 07:02 PM

A friend of mine bought a white core duo about 16 days ago. He is traveling with his Macbook right now (in California).

He went to the local Apple store and asked what they could do and they let him return the Macbook (no box, they asked that he ship it to them later when he gets back home). He gets hit with the 10% restocking fee (totally fair) and he buys a new C2D.

I was completely amazed. They let him return after the 14 day return period and they took the return in the form of the laptop alone, nothing else (box to be shipped later).

Barring major problems in the future, they just earned an Apple customer for life.

Brien
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2006, 07:31 PM

Aw, DL superdrive. Only real thing I'd wanted in my Rev. A blackbook, but no way I'm upgrading. Nice updates though.

(My next laptop will likely be a Rev. C MBP, though. )

El Magnificante
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2006, 10:37 PM

Has anyone who ordered online received theirs yet?

m_young
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2006, 11:55 PM

Picked my new blackbook up at the apple store today. Wasn't even thinking of getting one. And then I was thinking I would buy the Core Duo one, at a discounted price of 1199. But for the 1399 price with student discount, I decided the C2D was well worth the extra money.

40 extra GB hard drive space
Twice as much memory
25% faster processor (per apple's specs)

Upgrading from an iBook G4 800 is an amazing thing.

D8A1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2006, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by onesupermanfan View Post
A friend of mine bought a white core duo about 16 days ago. He is traveling with his Macbook right now (in California).

He went to the local Apple store and asked what they could do and they let him return the Macbook (no box, they asked that he ship it to them later when he gets back home). He gets hit with the 10% restocking fee (totally fair) and he buys a new C2D.

I was completely amazed. They let him return after the 14 day return period and they took the return in the form of the laptop alone, nothing else (box to be shipped later).

Barring major problems in the future, they just earned an Apple customer for life.
onesupermanfan, are you sure he was over his 14day return period? becuz i called them yersterday and on that day i was 6-7days over my 14day return period and they told me that i couldnt return it, u can understadn that im pissed becuz of this.
Its not that im not happy with my laptop but the main thing is i just got my laptop 3weeks,
3weeks-2weeks(return period)= 1week and theres a new one!!
gonna call them today and try again.
But i need to know oif its true that they accepted ur friends laptop even without boxes,papers.
pz.

Simon  (op)
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2006, 05:04 AM

oops. wrong thread.
•

apollo11
Forum Regular
Nov 10, 2006, 11:31 AM

Just ordered a white 2 gigHz, 2 gig RAM, 120 gig HD, Neoprene slip case and Apple care.

Says I'll get it on 27th Nov.

Will Apple give me Leopard in early 2007 or will I have to fork out more lolly for that?

david33
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by D8A1 View Post
onesupermanfan, are you sure he was over his 14day return period? becuz i called them yersterday and on that day i was 6-7days over my 14day return period and they told me that i couldnt return it, u can understadn that im pissed becuz of this.
Its not that im not happy with my laptop but the main thing is i just got my laptop 3weeks,
But i need to know oif its true that they accepted ur friends laptop even without boxes,papers.
pz.
I just bought a new Blackbook at an Apple retail store and they told me that I had until January 7th to return it. They said that they extended the return window for the holiday season. If I were you, I'd try again and ask about their "holiday season" return policy.

I am very glad that I purchased the Blackbook at a retail store because I qualified for tax exemption since I am a teacher. Does anyone know if you can get tax exemption from the online store?

Macbook C2D: 1499.00
Education discount: -100.00
Tax: 0.00
Total: 1399.00

I'm pretty happy.
( Last edited by david33; Nov 10, 2006 at 03:54 PM. )

HazMacFan
Nov 10, 2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by apollo11 View Post
Just ordered a white 2 gigHz, 2 gig RAM, 120 gig HD, Neoprene slip case and Apple care.

Says I'll get it on 27th Nov.

Will Apple give me Leopard in early 2007 or will I have to fork out more lolly for that?
You will probably have to buy Leopard. Unless its out in the next 20 - 30 days.
24" iMac 2.8 C2Ext,15" MBPro 2.2 C2D,20" iMac 2.0 G5,12" iBook 1.2 G4
16GB 3G iPhone, 60GB 5th Gen iPod, 20 GB 3rd Gen iPod

ChasingApple
Senior User
Nov 10, 2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
You're forgetting the ExpressCard slot and the backlit keyboard/dimming screen (extremely handy in stage performance situations) and Firewire 800.

There are plenty good reasons to buy a MacBook Pro over the the Macbook.
There is a brightness key for the non lazy, the backlit keyboard is no biggie (My screen lights my keyboard up fine on any laptop), and once again $1000 premium is too high for the small things you get, firewire 800 is nice but not for $1000. I have never used an express slot on any of my laptops. I think maybe Apple should just adjust the price of the Macbok Pros a little lower, say $1699 to start.
iMac G4 / Macbook

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2006, 05:25 PM

There is a brightness key for the non lazy, the backlit keyboard is no biggie (My screen lights my keyboard up fine on any laptop), and once again $1000 premium is too high for the small things you get, firewire 800 is nice but not for $1000. I have never used an express slot on any of my laptops. I think maybe Apple should just adjust the price of the Macbok Pros a little lower, say $1699 to start.
I can't see how you don't appreciate $1000 more in a MOBILE computer to give you an Express Slot, a high-end graphics card, 330 MHz per core, larger display with higher resolution, FireWire 800, the other little features mentioned such as the keyboard backlight (there is a big difference from that and your LCD lighting it up).

zaghahzag
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2006, 05:57 PM

i just got a mbp and i'm sorely tempted to send it back for a mb. The difference in price is about 500$ with all the specs the same that can be upgraded. With that said, i'll use the video card, maybe the express slot, the extra speed is nice..

but there really is a huge jump. but i think what apple needs is a 13 inch mb with a video card. +200$ or so for it. having integrated graphics is weak.

wilsonng
Senior User
Nov 10, 2006, 06:33 PM

I wonder if the new C2D MB has the new 802.11n Airport card snuck into it? Apple snuck in a 802.11n card into the C2D MBPs. It's recognized only as 802.11g in MacOS X but shows up as a 802.11n under Boot Camp.

That would be nice of Apple to sneak it into the C2D MB as a way of future-proofing when the 802.11n finally gets ratified...
You can bend my ear. We can talk all day. Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say. -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET

cornellra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2006, 08:33 PM

perhaps my situation is a bit different. I received a Black CD Macbook on Nov 1 as a replacement for my old PB G4 which was under AppleCare.
Customer relations refuses outright to give me any option to swap it to a new C2D. Maybe I am asking for too much, but from my perspective, one week later, a new model is out, with a great deal more (40GB+ HD, DL DVD-RW, more ram...., faster and cooler running CPU)

Don't know what else I can do...

onesupermanfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 12:38 AM

pz.
I'm certain. We talked on the phone about it all day. He thought he was within the 14 days based on the date he saw online from his credit card site. But when he got to the store it turns out that the credit card transation posted a couple days after the actual purchase. So he was only a couple days past his 14th day, but he was past.

onesupermanfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 12:40 AM

pz.
Originally Posted by david33 View Post
I just bought a new Blackbook at an Apple retail store and they told me that I had until January 7th to return it. They said that they extended the return window for the holiday season. If I were you, I'd try again and ask about their "holiday season" return policy.

I am very glad that I purchased the Blackbook at a retail store because I qualified for tax exemption since I am a teacher. Does anyone know if you can get tax exemption from the online store?

I'm pretty happy.

If you look on Apple's web site you will find that anything purchased after October 31st (and before some other date, not sure what that is) - you have until 1/7/2007 to request return.

glhart
Nov 11, 2006, 12:46 AM

I just got the new MB. I put a 100 gig drive from an older MB with system 10.4.8, and it would not recognize the airport card -- said I didn't have one. I updated the system with the disks that came with the computer, and everything worked, including airport. This means that the airport card on the new MB is different from that on the older one -- probably because it has 802.11n.

NightEyes
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2006, 01:25 AM

I just picked up a new Core 2 Duo MacBook and before booting I installed my 200 GB Toshiba drive which was running 10.4.8 in the rev. A MacBook (giving the MB to the wife) and upon booting the drive it didn't recognize the Airport card at all. After I did a clean install of the OS that came with the Core 2 MB, all was well so I am guessing the new MacBooks have the n.
mb air, imac, iphone, touch, shuffle

Annette310
Nov 11, 2006, 01:48 AM

AH! This is torture! I want my new macbook now!

D8A1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by onesupermanfan View Post
I'm certain. We talked on the phone about it all day. He thought he was within the 14 days based on the date he saw online from his credit card site. But when he got to the store it turns out that the credit card transation posted a couple days after the actual purchase. So he was only a couple days past his 14th day, but he was past.
Ok thanks for the reply. Where are you from btw? Im trying to get this round in NL.
They told me that i should write a letter to Apple about this, dunno if it will help, seems to me that they just want to keep me busy.
Gonna call them on monday again, ive seen on the internet that some people were allowed to send it back and that some had some money returned to them.
The fun part about that holliday return thingy they have going on, why can u change then within 2 months!!! and not just 1 week later ?

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 11, 2006, 01:35 PM

Oh bah! I guess I'm ok with it now (even though I bitched and moaned on my blog about it), but it really sucks that 2 months ago I paid $1600 for a Black MacBook with 1GB RAM. Now for $100 less I could have gotten all of that +40GB on the hard drive. Not happy.
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

onesupermanfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 03:32 PM

Ok thanks for the reply. Where are you from btw? Im trying to get this round in NL.
They told me that i should write a letter to Apple about this, dunno if it will help, seems to me that they just want to keep me busy.
Gonna call them on monday again, ive seen on the internet that some people were allowed to send it back and that some had some money returned to them.
The fun part about that holliday return thingy they have going on, why can u change then within 2 months!!! and not just 1 week later ?
I am from Denver. My friend (also from Denver) was in Brea, CA (LA) when he swapped out his MacBook.

pete
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by david33 View Post

I'm pretty happy.

Congratulations! Just curious: is the finish still a fingerprint magnet or have they changed it at all with the new revision?

thanks,

Pete

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2006, 06:58 PM

There is a brightness key for the non lazy
You've never been on stage.

david33
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by pete View Post
Congratulations! Just curious: is the finish still a fingerprint magnet or have they changed it at all with the new revision?

thanks,

Pete
Pete,

Yeah, the Blackbook still shows fingerprints. I upgraded from a G4 12" PB 1.33 and it was pretty effective at hiding grim, so I'm not used to visible fingerprints and smudges. I do feel, however, that the Blackbook will be easier to keep clean than the white Macbook. The floor models of the white Macbook at the Apple store looked fairly dirty. The glossy screens of the Macbooks also seem to show smudges and fingerprints more than the matte screens; I like the matte ones better. I wonder why you don't get a choice between matte or glossy with the Macbooks?

pete
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2006, 09:14 PM

That's too bad to hear. Both the white and the black have their own particular visible dirt - aluminum really is the best in this regard. Enjoy your new 'book - the black ones really are super sleek!

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2006, 09:54 PM

Just picked up the low-end Core 2 Duo MacBook today at the Apple Store.

Coming from an iBook G4 12" initial impressions:
-Very thin and sleek design! I prefer the new anti-transparent case finish over the iBook's. Also, the palm rests are more comfortable, probably due to a different finish as well.
-The trackpad is huge! Love it.
-RAM needs upgrading. I'm still at 512MB. I can tell the speed is there (on my iBook I had 1.25GB), but I was getting the beachball and slightly delayed mouseclicks when I was installing CS suite. Oh well, I'll have to upgrade to a couple gigs when I get the money.
-Screen is nice and bright, but a little washed out compared to my 20" iMac Core 2 Duo, even after calibrating. However, the screen is many, many times better than the iBook's.
-I have the high-pitched whine. I can only hear it when everything is quiet, and even then, it's really not very annoying. It goes away when I run something CPU-intensive.
-Keyboard is really nice! Took almost no time to adapt to it.
-Love the Magsafe, it really gives you peace of mind when you have pets in the apartment.
-The heat coming from the machine isn't too bad... it's definitely more than my iBook gave off but not anything uncomfortable. Then again, I won't really be using this machine on my lap. Also, I downloaded Core Duo Temp (1.0) and installed it."yes > /dev/null" made the CPU temps go up very high, very fast. The fan(s?) kicked in at 80 degrees C, and boy were they loud. After a couple minutes the fans managed to bring the temp down to a steady 74-75 degrees, with "yes > /dev/null" still running. This seems pretty hot to me, but I guess something has to give when you cram such a powerful CPU into such a small enclosure. I'm used to my iMac's 60 degrees C max and perfectly silent operation I guess.

Also, I wanted to mention that I was initially in the market for a PC laptop, mainly to run Linux on for my degree. My budget was around $1000, and after looking over the laptops at my local Best Buy and CompUSA, nothing really compared to the MacBook's extraordinary value. The AMD Turion 64X2 laptops were really cheap, but their performance per watt simply doesn't compare to Intel's offering. None of the Intel laptops I looked at in the sub-$1000 range had discreet GPUs, although the AMDs typically had a Radeon Xpress (better, but not by much). Also, something that was important to me was the slot-load optical drive. Not a single PC laptop in the $1000 range had one of those either.

So, I'm very happy with this purchase. I'll post benchmarks if anyone's interested.

m_young
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2006, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by jamil5454 View Post
Just picked up the low-end Core 2 Duo MacBook today at the Apple Store.

Coming from an iBook G4 12" initial impressions:
-Very thin and sleek design! I prefer the new anti-transparent case finish over the iBook's. Also, the palm rests are more comfortable, probably due to a different finish as well.
-The trackpad is huge! Love it.
-RAM needs upgrading. I'm still at 512MB. I can tell the speed is there (on my iBook I had 1.25GB), but I was getting the beachball and slightly delayed mouseclicks when I was installing CS suite. Oh well, I'll have to upgrade to a couple gigs when I get the money.
-Screen is nice and bright, but a little washed out compared to my 20" iMac Core 2 Duo, even after calibrating. However, the screen is many, many times better than the iBook's.
-I have the high-pitched whine. I can only hear it when everything is quiet, and even then, it's really not very annoying. It goes away when I run something CPU-intensive.
-Keyboard is really nice! Took almost no time to adapt to it.
-Love the Magsafe, it really gives you peace of mind when you have pets in the apartment.
-The heat coming from the machine isn't too bad... it's definitely more than my iBook gave off but not anything uncomfortable. Then again, I won't really be using this machine on my lap. .
I made the transition from the 12" iBook as well, as I mentioned above. Having used the MacBook for two days now, I can say a few things about it.

-I have a high pitched whine, as you mentioned, and it doesn't really bug me because it's not really quiet around here ever, but it's not something you expect from a new computer.

-I love the bigger screen and higher resolution combo. makes it all perfect. And the glossy screen is really nice, although I don't really use it outside so I can't judge that.

-The optical drive makes a horrendous noise whenever I wake the computer from sleep. I tried it this evening at the apple store, and those machines do not seem to make the same noise. The guy that was working there said that I should bring it to them and have a genius take a listen to it. Anybody else have this noise going on?

-the black matte finish is incredible. but it shows all the grease in the world. good thing my apartment does not have bright lights.

-last but not least. I haven't had to restart the machine. Not once. I've only touched the power button once, for the initial power up. this is crazy, when compared to a PC. because i'd be on my eighth or so boot to this point. but not with my macbook. I love it.

Z4cane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 11:49 AM

Hi all. New to the site here. I have been contemplating making the switch for some time now. I was going to wait til after Macworld in January, but my pc is giving me some trouble (3.5 year old Vaio).

Does anyone have any battery life benchmarks? I know the site says 6 hours, but what about real world? The only other thing that concerns me is that there is no express card slot. With the cell companies continually improving on their speed, it may be feasible in the future to go to that type of connection (especially if you are in sales and continually on the road).

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z4cane View Post
Hi all. New to the site here. I have been contemplating making the switch for some time now. I was going to wait til after Macworld in January, but my pc is giving me some trouble (3.5 year old Vaio).

Does anyone have any battery life benchmarks? I know the site says 6 hours, but what about real world? The only other thing that concerns me is that there is no express card slot. With the cell companies continually improving on their speed, it may be feasible in the future to go to that type of connection (especially if you are in sales and continually on the road).
I haven't really done any strict battery tests, but last night I was trying to run down the battery to calibrate it, so I fired up two instances of "yes > /dev/null". I noticed that the estimated battery life remaining dropped to about an hour and a half. As soon as a I quit Terminal.app and the machine was idle it showed about 3 and a half hours, but the battery was down to about 85% then. My guess is that the new Core 2 Duo processors have awesome power scaling, meaning that the power is there if you need it but when you don't you still get great battery life. I'd say about 4 hours real world usage with airport, bluetooth, and screen at half brightness surfing the web.

hldan
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dillon-K View Post
Oh bah! I guess I'm ok with it now (even though I bitched and moaned on my blog about it), but it really sucks that 2 months ago I paid $1600 for a Black MacBook with 1GB RAM. Now for $100 less I could have gotten all of that +40GB on the hard drive. Not happy.
You think you are mad now, you won't be alone after January 10th. Apple made sure to extend the holiday return policy to January 7th which is just a few days shy of Macworld to prevent any post Macworld exchanges price credits.
As usual at this time of the holiday season many people get sucked up into buying a new Apple product and come January 10th some totally fantastic Mac gets released with groundbreaking specs and cause massive heartbreak for the holiday shoppers who though they got the best of the best. So don't despair, you won't be alone.
Don't flame me, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, just speaking the truth.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 12, 2006, 05:16 PM

Actually, it's pretty damn generous of them to give people an eight-week return option.

And it's common practise to limit after-Christmas gift-returns/exchanges to the first week of January, since that is usually when store inventory is taken and the books are cleaned, so to speak.

advaitan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 05:53 PM

I bought a Core Duo Macbook on October 17. Got myself all hyped up for an argument, and went into the Apple Store this morning to exchange my current Macbook for the Core 2 Duo update. Ecstastic because they did it with absolutely NO argument, but disappointed I didn't get to yell at someone...

hldan
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by advaitan View Post
I bought a Core Duo Macbook on October 17. Got myself all hyped up for an argument, and went into the Apple Store this morning to exchange my current Macbook for the Core 2 Duo update. Ecstastic because they did it with absolutely NO argument, but disappointed I didn't get to yell at someone...
Apple used to have a pretty strict return/exchange policy which was so unflattering to the customer that I think they got jammed up for it especially when other retail stores take care of Apple's customers. In the past Apple treated customers like they were doing them a big favor selling them a computer and the customer better not complain.

Now they are quite lenient. Congrats but be nice about it It's uncessary to go into a retail store with high defenses and make an otherwise humble employee have a bad day because the store may not take care of you. Remember, you were past your return policy so chalk it up to good customer service that wasn't required.
I work in retail and I know what it's like to work with defensive customers and can't fight back due to possibly losing my job.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

advaitan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by hldan View Post
Apple used to have a pretty strict return/exchange policy which was so unflattering to the customer that I think they got jammed up for it especially when other retail stores take care of Apple's customers. In the past Apple treated customers like they were doing them a big favor selling them a computer and the customer better not complain.

Now they are quite lenient. Congrats but be nice about it It's uncessary to go into a retail store with high defenses and make an otherwise humble employee have a bad day because the store may not take care of you. Remember, you were past your return policy so chalk it up to good customer service that wasn't required.
I work in retail and I know what it's like to work with defensive customers and can't fight back due to possibly losing my job.
...thanks for the ethical realignment.

Annette310
Nov 13, 2006, 01:30 AM

Yay! I finally picked up my macbook today!!

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2006, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by hldan View Post
You think you are mad now, you won't be alone after January 10th. Apple made sure to extend the holiday return policy to January 7th which is just a few days shy of Macworld to prevent any post Macworld exchanges price credits.
As usual at this time of the holiday season many people get sucked up into buying a new Apple product and come January 10th some totally fantastic Mac gets released with groundbreaking specs and cause massive heartbreak for the holiday shoppers who though they got the best of the best. So don't despair, you won't be alone.
Don't flame me, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, just speaking the truth.
Excellent point. I totally agree. I'm actually waiting to get Christmas gifts until January. I really wanted to get an iPod and a new cell phone for Christmas, but with all these iPhone rumors... Let's put it this way: If I got an iPod and phone right before an iPod phone was introduced, I would be quite upset...
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

amru
Forum Regular
Nov 13, 2006, 04:15 AM

just wondering since the MBPs were changed in the interior whn they move from CD to C2D.. will that also happen in the MBs/.

wht i mean is moving of stuff physically.

D8A1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by advaitan View Post
Hey advaitan, where are you from?
And did u buy ur macbook online or the store where u returned it?
( Last edited by D8A1; Nov 13, 2006 at 04:47 AM. )

advaitan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 05:04 AM

Hey advaitan, where are you from?
And did u buy ur macbook online or the store where u returned it?
I'm in southern California... bought it from the same store that I returned it to.

Forum Links
Forum Rules