Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Ick, GeForce 4 Ti release date...

Ick, GeForce 4 Ti release date...
Justin D'Onofrio
Apr 6, 2002, 12:57 AM

I have it on good word from contacts at Apple: they're "shooting for a release date around Macworld NY."

Hmph, hopefully they'll actually HAVE some on hand if they decide to intro some new kit! I already cancelled one G4 order because of no Ti card, I'd hate to have to cancel another after MWNY! =(

-- J

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 6, 2002, 02:03 AM

what?!? Why such a delay? I know a guy who already got his (windows side) just this week (expected a month ago though) I thought nVidia was supposed to be helping apple a bit after the GF3 fiasco (looks like now we have a GF4 one )
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

iKevin
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2002, 01:45 PM

Heck...you can go down to best buy and pick one up right off the shelf(PC)

Jansar
Professional Poster
Apr 6, 2002, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by iKevin:
<STRONG>Heck...you can go down to best buy and pick one up right off the shelf(PC)</STRONG>
It would be nice if one could flash the ROM of that beast.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

yaro
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2002, 02:09 PM

May be they are still tweaking the quartz accelarator. Remeber they said it would speed up osx.

rhogue islander
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 7, 2002, 03:30 PM

I picked up a ti4400 for my PC at BestBuy two weeks ago. I think they've been available for 3-4 weeks.

It has VGA and DVI connectors and supports dual display, which works great.

My sample overclocks very nicely. I am running it with a core clock of 300mhz and a DDR speed of 630mhz, which is nearly as fast as the ti4600.

It is not *that* much faster than a geforce 3 accept at resolutions of 1280x1024 and higher. The big advantage is that you can enable 2xAA if you like with a negligible performance hit.

For them to say they won't be out for macs until July kinda blows my mind.

Petter
Forum Regular
Apr 7, 2002, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by rhogue islander:
<STRONG>
My sample overclocks very nicely. I am running it with a core clock of 300mhz and a DDR speed of 630mhz, which is nearly as fast as the ti4600.
</STRONG>

How did you OC it?

I have a GF3 in my Dual 1GHz which I would like overclock and see how it performs
Petter

-the iconoclasts, the creative thinkers,
the folks who can't relate to beige.

rhogue islander
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 7, 2002, 04:04 PM

There is no mac equivalent that I know of, but on PC's there is a registry hack called 'coolbits' which you can apply. This enables a tab in the display control panel which allows you to change core and memory clocks with a software slider.

It would be cool if someone were able to hack something like that for OS X.

Petter
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2002, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by rhogue islander:
<STRONG>There is no mac equivalent that I know of, but on PC's there is a registry hack called 'coolbits' which you can apply. This enables a tab in the display control panel which allows you to change core and memory clocks with a software slider.

It would be cool if someone were able to hack something like that for OS X. </STRONG>
Ahh I see!

I thought you were overclocking it in macos not windows!

there seems to a way of do this by firmware-tweaking as well but I dont know how...
Petter

-the iconoclasts, the creative thinkers,
the folks who can't relate to beige.

Forum Links
Forum Rules