Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Want to create movie that looks like screensaver in 10.5

Want to create movie that looks like screensaver in 10.5
Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2008, 04:50 PM

There is a new Screensaver in the 10.5 OS that take some photos and makes it look like they are falling on a table and displayed and I was wondering how I would go about creating this and be able to brun it to a DVD to display on a TV for a birthday party.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks
Who reads this???

mpancha
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2008, 05:31 PM

If you have SnapzPro, you can use this to do a screencap video. I did a test video, I'll post it tonight on this thread... (I had my bank website open when I tried it earlier, something I dont particularly want to divulge on the web).

I'll redo the video tonight, might be just what you need, or at least give you an idea for a starting point.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 ghz core2duo | 2gb ram | superdrive | airport extreme
iBook G4 | 1.2ghz | 768mb ram | combodrive | airport extreme
iPhone 3GS | 32 GB | Jailbreak, or no Jailbreak

JKT
Professional Poster
Feb 7, 2008, 07:12 PM

I don't know where that .Mac and RSS screensaver is located as it isn't in the normal locations that other screensavers are stored in. However, I would be very surprised if it was not a Quartz Composer composition.

Unless someone knows where it is located in the file system, an alternative would be to get Photopresenter which has many different slideshow/screensaver/iWeb/iDVD (and quicktime export) options for photos and images. There is one called "Scatter" that is similar in presentation to the .Mac and RSS screensaver (though not the same), and many more.

Daracle  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2008, 03:36 PM

Awesome...I will check it out.
I do have Snapz too from the recent MacHeist bundle....That thought did cross my mind.

Thanks Guys!
( Last edited by Daracle; Feb 8, 2008 at 04:13 PM. )
Who reads this???

Daracle  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 9, 2008, 06:02 PM

Thanks JKT, That Photopresenter is doing exactly what I want.

On a side note, it would be nice to have a single title to have displayed and maybe be able to change the background but it is a slick app, especially for the price.
Who reads this???

Forum Links
Forum Rules