Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Real Video/Audio Probs

Real Video/Audio Probs
artboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2000, 04:58 PM

After installing IE and Real Player 7 I am still (I have been using the beta) unable to get any real audio to work. Works fine in Netscape, but not IE

Sample http://eltonjohn.com/life/life_home.asp

Powderhound
Mar 26, 2000, 06:44 PM

I too encountered a problem with running real video. The cause is that the default setting of IE5 is to only save the real video file. Go to the preferences and the helpers sections. Scroll to the real video/real audio. Edit (change) the settings so that Explorer opens the .ram or .rm file in the Real Player application. It then works fine.

artboy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2000, 07:15 PM

I tried your suggestion... changed all 10,000 of the Real file types to process with application and it still isn't working.... any ideas?

Eric

supershady
Mar 26, 2000, 11:30 PM

I can get the realaudio playback to work on cnn.com, but there is no accompanying video picture. Of course, windows media player works fine. Any ideas? the file is opening without having the link get downloaded.\thanks
ss

Forum Links
Forum Rules