Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Jaguar Supported Printers

Jaguar Supported Printers
macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2002, 09:39 PM

What are some good Jaguar supported printers? Does Apple have a list of printers that Jaguar supports?

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2002, 10:20 PM

If you are interested in a inexpensive high quality output inkjet then consider HP's new Deskjet 5550 which will provide you with 4800 X 1200 resolution on photo paper. It will also provide you with edge to edge printing on 4 X 6 paper. And best of all its only $150 and its 10.2 compatible.

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2002, 10:27 PM

I had an HP Photosmart P1000 that didn't work after jaguar. i now have an Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX that works just spiffy.

ekserb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2002, 11:05 PM

I have an iBook Dual USB 500. I installed 10.2 the other day and now my Epson C80 printer isn't working. Print Center tells me the driver isn't installed, but Apple says this printer is supported natively in 10.2. I would happily download the appropriate driver from Epson's web site, but the file or link to that particular file seems to be broken it downloads 2MB of a 3MB file and then stops. This was all weekend I tried it over and over. Tried to get it from other web sites as well, but they all seem to pull from Epson's FTP site.

Anybody have this driver they can send me?

My email
Do ... or do not. There is no try. --Yoda

wthiers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2002, 05:05 PM

I Just bought a Lexmark Z65N (The ethernet version) and it comes with OS X drivers for 10.x.x The printer works great from both my G4 and the Ibook (via Airport) as I have it sitting on my home LAN.

I can get to it from both Windows & the Macs, setup was a breeze.

It�s fast, quiet and pretty good output too. Hope this helps!

Cheers, Willim

macgyvr64  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 27, 2002, 06:21 PM

well, i went with the HP 5550..thanks everyone :-P

Forum Links
Forum Rules