Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Sims 2

Sims 2 (Page 2)
Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 8, 2005, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by The iMac Man:
Suuuuuuure it was.....

I'm no dumbass....
None of my friends play the sims. One time, at best buy, I saw a fat guy with a ponytail buying it. Another time at CompUsa I saw a fat ugly chick buying it. Hence my question.
Also, I have no desire to play the game, I think I'd rather go to a party. >shrug<

- Rob

jpg71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2005, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Captain Egotist:
I have one question, but I don't mean to piss anyone off...but... is it true that only people with no social lives play this game? Or... better way to put it: You lack something in your own life so you play the sims? Kinda like the same reason people watch Soap Operas, they need drama.....
No, it's not true.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2005, 09:02 PM

None of my friends play the sims. One time, at best buy, I saw a fat guy with a ponytail buying it. Another time at CompUsa I saw a fat ugly chick buying it. Hence my question.
Also, I have no desire to play the game, I think I'd rather go to a party. >shrug<

- Rob
Dude, you are a complete and total tool. I honestly can't even express in words how stupid you are....

Keep up with your egotistical ways, and hopefully someday your ignorance will get you eliminated from our species, because I really hope you don't reproduce....
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

nforcer
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2005, 10:28 PM

- Rob
Some real tards play Starcraft, too. That does not make it a bad game.
Genius. You know who.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 9, 2005, 12:22 AM

Dude, you are a complete and total tool. I honestly can't even express in words how stupid you are....

Keep up with your egotistical ways, and hopefully someday your ignorance will get you eliminated from our species, because I really hope you don't reproduce....
I'm glad you have an opinion. Really. You are an awesome part of MacNN.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 9, 2005, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by nforcer:
Some real tards play Starcraft, too. That does not make it a bad game.
See, it's exactly the tards who play starcraft, warcraft, and the sims that made me avoid those games... or maybe it was just the games were so freakin' lame that only tards wanted to play them? I don't know... all I know is they aren't remotely my cup of tea, but hey, if you like them, cool.

- Rob

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2005, 02:56 PM

I'm glad you have an opinion. Really. You are an awesome part of MacNN.
And you are?

I've reported you to the moderators... I hope you get a little vaction....
-iMac

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 9, 2005, 04:03 PM

I'm happy you two are using the internet to share a frank exchange of ideas, but I see no reason it has to be so aggressive. I'm going to ask you both to simmer down and give this thread a chance to get back on track.

And to both of you, it's only an opinion...no reason to react so strongly. Thanks for your cooperation.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 9, 2005, 08:53 PM

And you are?

I've reported you to the moderators... I hope you get a little vaction....
OH NOS! I MIGHT GET BANNINATED!

Blizzard: I'll simmer down. I just asked a question, and the responses I get were filled with hate! I guess some people just aren't sure of themselves and feel the need to lash out when I was just asking a question.

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 9, 2005, 08:54 PM

Oh wait, I get it. You must be a lardass with a ponytail, right? If that's the case, I apologize for offending you. Sorry.

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 9, 2005, 10:55 PM

Final warning for both of you.

willed
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2005, 05:10 PM

Break it up ladies...

Re. the no social life question - I find that the Sims in fact has a broader appeal than typical computer games which are often associated with introverted behaviour. Many more girls seem to play it, I think because it's essentially like a doll's house with upgrades. Obviously it is generalisation, but I would say that the Sims in fact appeals to people other than just computer nerds with no social lives moreso than most other games.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 07:17 PM

Just get off the stupid stereotypes and generalizations PLEASE... there is NO correct labeling of ANY one type of person that plays any particular type of game.

Only computer nerds with no social lives play games other than the Sims?!? That's incorrect as well.

The Army trains by using video games.

The Air Force trains by using video games.

Doctors practice new surgery techniques using video games.

I know hundreds of different types of people that all play video games... there is just no way to label any gamer, so please stop it.

-iMac

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2005, 07:30 PM

Well I think we've all identified two posters here who obviously spend way too much time on internet forums What does that catagorise them as I wonder

Back to the topic however:-

So Sims 2 has been pushed back to June huh? I hope the recent expansion pack that was released isn't going to be a year down the track then.

I somehow get the feeling that it is being released in June to coincide with Tiger's release.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 10, 2005, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by iluvmymactoo:
Well I think we've all identified two posters here who obviously spend way too much time on internet forums What does that catagorise them as I wonder
Unemployed.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 07:47 PM

Spend way too much time on internet forums? Based on what?

And, who are you to make such claims?

I just hate people who make ungrounded claims and assumptions, just like you did.....
-iMac

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2005, 08:05 PM

Spend way too much time on internet forums? Based on what?

And, who are you to make such claims?

I just hate people who make ungrounded claims and assumptions, just like you did.....
Chillout! My comment is said "tongue in cheek" (hence the smilies) so lighten up. The mood in this thread is getting way out of control.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

Captain Egotist
Banned
Mar 10, 2005, 08:38 PM

Chillout! My comment is said "tongue in cheek" (hence the smilies) so lighten up. The mood in this thread is getting way out of control.
Don't worry dude. He attacked me for asking a question. I think someone is just insecure with himself.

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 10, 2005, 09:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. We'll be taking a break here for a couple of days.

Forum Links
Forum Rules