Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Disk Utility/Scan Disk

Disk Utility/Scan Disk
intervenetd2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2005, 06:20 PM

Yeah what was the single user mode code to do the disk utility fix?? Also my computer , since doin the "software update" also getting lime wire has been freezing all of the sudden since i did both of those things. I am download a lot of stuff lately but what would be causing it to freeze more?? That is why i am askin how to do the disk utility scan for errors cuz i'm not sure whats' goin on

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 23, 2005, 07:29 PM

•The command-line drive utility fsck is invoked by booting into single-user mode (command+s at startup) and then typing fsck -yf

•I don't know why Limewire is crashing for you. It may be the Java update, since you mention the problem started occurring after a software update. In any case, if you're using the official Limewire client, realize that most people strongly prefer other Limewire clients such as Acquisition.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2005, 08:47 PM

yeah well i finally got Acquisition and as soon as i double click on it...it goes in my tray then goes away and it doesn't load. I think i tried to get it before cuz i heard it was good from someone else. But it never seems to want to work on my computer.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 28, 2005, 02:02 PM

The "tray" is the Dock, by the way, in Mac parlance!

Sounds like your OS might be "borked", to use the technical term. Run Disk Utility to clean up the disk, then do an archive-and-install of the OS, with all the updates. That might help.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules