Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > proxy with boinc???

proxy with boinc???
monsoonstorm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2004, 06:18 AM

I've downloaded the boinc client, and I am completely frustrated already. (after 5 days)
Seti is handing out nothing, you can't create an account at predictor, pirate is handing out nothing so far.

I think the versatility of boinc (being able to choose multiple projects) is great, I guess I just need to have patience to let them all get themselves sorted.

ANYWAY....
Does team MacNN have a proxy for this with stored units as before? At least then my computer can be doing something!

Monsoonstorm

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by monsoonstorm:
I've downloaded the boinc client, and I am completely frustrated already. (after 5 days)
Seti is handing out nothing, you can't create an account at predictor, pirate is handing out nothing so far.

I think the versatility of boinc (being able to choose multiple projects) is great, I guess I just need to have patience to let them all get themselves sorted.

ANYWAY....
Does team MacNN have a proxy for this with stored units as before? At least then my computer can be doing something!
Currently there are no proxies for BOINC, and because most projects have time limits now, it is unlikely that proxies will be developed anytime soon.

SETI-BOINC is for all practical purposes beta, even though they don't call it that. Yesterday they got hit with a power outage that took downa both SETI-BOINC and SETI Classic.

Predictor is by their own claim, very much a public alpha, though it has ran more consistently then SETI. Preditor should be opening back up account creation this week. They had to fix several back end problems so that they could handle the influx of users, and demand for work.

Pirates@Home was prematurely announced. They were only looking for a handful of beta testers to help test and develop their systems. When it is ready to go, it will be released to the public as Einstein@Home. If you have attached to this project, please detach to reduce the load on their servers. They are not ready for public participation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules