Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail in OS 10.4...send progress

Mail in OS 10.4...send progress
dbk2007
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2007, 09:26 PM

In Mail 1.3.11 (in OS 10.3), you get a little progress notice telling you what percentage of your email message has been sent. Of course, this mainly appears when sending large attachments.

I've recently upgraded to 10.4 and found that the latest version of Mail, at least in its default set up, doesn't give you a progress message or bar or anything. So if I'm sending a large file I have no idea how much has been sent until I hear the audio ding and know that it's 100% sent.

Is this feature gone? Or is there a way I can turn it on? Some other way to monitor progress of sending a large attachment?

Thanks!

JKT
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2007, 09:41 PM

command 0 = activity viewer

jrafter
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2007, 10:47 PM

The spinning indicator appears next to the Mail.app Send mailbox on one of my Macs, but not on the other... both running OS 10.4.8. Go figure!

dbk2007  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2007, 12:10 PM

Awesome... Thanks!

Note to Apple Inc.: I'd prefer not to have a separate window for this. I liked the way the progress info was displayed in a small area of the main window, like in previous versions of Mail.

Forum Links
Forum Rules