Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > how to put "mail link to this page" on Safari toolbar?

how to put "mail link to this page" on Safari toolbar?
bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
May 29, 2008, 10:09 AM

So I've been using Camino and I like the ability to put a button on the toolbar for mailing a link to the page I'm on at that time. However Safari doesn't have a button for this, just a convulted and hard to do keyboard command, or just going to the menu>file> mail link to this page.

I'd like to add a button to the toolbar to do this. How?
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 29, 2008, 10:18 AM

You can't.

Use the menu command or drag the favicon onto the Mail icon in the Dock.

bishopazrael  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 29, 2008, 02:03 PM

Imagine my amazement to find out that apple hasn't made this easier. Why, when other browsers have a button for this, did Apple choose to not give you the option for Safari? Any add-ons to restore that functionality? I'm not satisfied with the answer of ...."drag the favicon" or with the key sequence.

Thanks.
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

bishopazrael  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 29, 2008, 08:56 PM

Since this was moved... does anyone have any other suggestions? RIght now the answers are:

1. "Deal with it" or "Get over it"
2. Just use another browser. I would really like to use Safari because I like the way it does RSS.

If theres nothing else maybe someone has a better suggestion? What would be a better browser to be using. I've been using Camino up till my switch back to Safari, and I guess I could try reading RSS in mail.... but how many people do that? Anyone using mail for RSS care to chime in on how well it works or lack there of?

Cold Warrior
May 29, 2008, 09:17 PM

Thinking out loud here: Is it possible to create a web page on the computer and write some JS that'll take your current URL and put it into a mailto function? You could then make that a bookmark in the bookmark bar. Not quite the toolbar, but only a couple pixels away.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
May 29, 2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Thinking out loud here: Is it possible to create a web page on the computer and write some JS that'll take your current URL and put it into a mailto function? You could then make that a bookmark in the bookmark bar. Not quite the toolbar, but only a couple pixels away.
Bingo....

macosxhints.com - Mailing Safari URLs via Mail - revisited

Cold Warrior
May 29, 2008, 10:23 PM

Nice.

bishopazrael  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 30, 2008, 02:17 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I hated to have to give it up because I use it so much. Not only thanks but HOLY FRACKING SHITE!!! You guys rock.

Thanks again,
Bishop

Forum Links
Forum Rules