Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Chevy Blazer Owners Please Read

Chevy Blazer Owners Please Read (Page 3)
Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by l008com:
That must be an S10 pickup, it looks like its one single bench seat with no console at all. Ugh!
I am not sure, I did a google for "blazer interior", clicked on the images tab, and waded through ten or so pages and that was all I really got.

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Link:
Kilbey you must live in the tri state area or arkansas or something.. geez.

Out here you see more foreign cars than you do american ones on the road, but I think that since we ARE in a capitalist economy the american car companies are suffering from their own decisions that way.
Michigan. Between Lansing and Flint.

Domestic cars are about 95% of the cars on the road around here.

We know who hands us our paychecks.

Let's face it. Some american cars (oldsmobile and saturn) are the ugliest cars on the planet.

Either way, I like three "truck" sorta cars, the jeep, hummer, and those really huge fords and chevys.. hehehe
Personally, I like most Saturn designs and a few Oldsmobile designs. I really liked the Intrigue and Aurora. It's all a matter of taste.

Link
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2004, 11:26 PM

saturns are too plasticky that's why. The few oldsmobiles you speak of were ok actually.

The ones I'm thinking of are cutlass and whatnot. Damn those things were hideous. Anyway would you mind if I parked my jeep in your driveway?

(future jeep that is heheh)
Aloha

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2004, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Man are you a bitter little guy.

Sorry sir, but there are lots of people around here with the same attitude as I. Very common. 99% of my friends have the same opinion and a lot of them don't work for and auto company.

And a friend would understand that their purchases affect their friend's lives.

Just gotta warn you, you come over to my house and park your foreign car in my driveway you won't be able to drive your car out of my drive way. Not without some major repairs and body work.

Look KarlG, I understand that we'd never be friends.

Think about it, imagine you were a house builder and your friend, who is able to buy your houses, has a major competitor build a house for him instead. You could even give him 15% off the price and it would be cheaper for him but he still buys a house from a different builder. This is your livelihood. Every house you build makes you more financially stable.
I used to sell Macs for a living; I have lots of friends with Windoze computers. They're still my friends, despite the fact that some of them purchased Microsloth machines while I was selling Macs. I don't base my friendships solely on what kind of computers my acquaintances have; I just like to think that I can see past the end of my nose. I am not a bitter little guy; as a matter of fact, I'm widely regarded as easy going, despite having been on this rock 56 years.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Link
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2004, 11:30 PM

Wow, you rawk. Hopefully there's another 56 years in store for ya

I usually don't pay much attention to what kinda computer someone uses unless they bring it up in the form of "I still can't figure out why you" blah blah blah uh huh that normally leads to an "whatever" response hehe.
Aloha

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
I used to sell Macs for a living; I have lots of friends with Windoze computers. They're still my friends, despite the fact that some of them purchased Microsloth machines while I was selling Macs. I don't base my friendships solely on what kind of computers my acquaintances have; I just like to think that I can see past the end of my nose. I am not a bitter little guy; as a matter of fact, I'm widely regarded as easy going, despite having been on this rock 56 years.
Sorry, you just came off as bitter earlier. I my self and quite the laid back fella.

Look, if I made the equivalent in automobiles as a Macintosh, I wouldn't expect all of my friends to buy them either.

I don't base my friendships based upon what kinds of cars people own. I'm just saying I don't want it parked in my driveway. I have a couple friends with Lexus'. They are nice cars, a little rich for my blood, but still nice to ride in. But they understand that I would rather drive everywhere in my car than ride in theirs.

Hell, I even dated a girl in college that drove a Honda.

It's just a different car attitude atmosphere around here where I live. Most people around here are like me.

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:47 PM

saturns are too plasticky that's why. The few oldsmobiles you speak of were ok actually.

The ones I'm thinking of are cutlass and whatnot. Damn those things were hideous. Anyway would you mind if I parked my jeep in your driveway?

(future jeep that is heheh)
Jeeps are pretty cool. I'd love to buy and older one and fix it up for weekend fun!

You park it in my drive way and I am sure I'd ask you if I could take it out for a spin.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:51 PM

Handling is better on a Neon. Build, I go with the Cavalier. Comfort, the Chevy, again that is mostly taste. Power, the Neon.

Price, You are way off on this one.

$13,490 - $10,700 = $2,790 cheaper for the Chevy. Even after rebates the Chevy is $335 cheaper.

I was speaking about the 99 models. The Z-24 versus the R/T model. The Z-24 ran about 3k more. And the R/T was clearly the better car.

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 24, 2004, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:

I was speaking about the 99 models. The Z-24 versus the R/T model. The Z-24 ran about 3k more. And the R/T was clearly the better car. [/B]
Gotcha. You're right!

sorry I misunderstood you. I should have assumed you were talking about performance versions of those cars. I would expect no less of you.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 12:29 AM

Gotcha. You're right!

sorry I misunderstood you. I should have assumed you were talking about performance versions of those cars. I would expect no less of you.
Well yeah, I mentioned the Z-24 before in this thread.

I STILL like the Z-24 (Before they made those ugly pointed front ends)

And the new "super charged" version.. whatever they are calling it now (forget) is cool too. Even if it does look like a Civic.

But even then.. the SRT-4 is cheaper, and a lot more car.

Now only if they made a coupe version.

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 12:41 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Well yeah, I mentioned the Z-24 before in this thread.

I STILL like the Z-24 (Before they made those ugly pointed front ends)

And the new "super charged" version.. whatever they are calling it now (forget) is cool too. Even if it does look like a Civic.

But even then.. the SRT-4 is cheaper, and a lot more car.

Now only if they made a coupe version.
I think it is a big mistake on Chrysler's part too.

I have often thought the Z-24 was over rated. Until I took a ride in one. That's still a lot of money for such a small car.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 10:16 AM

I think it is a big mistake on Chrysler's part too.

Yup.. I'd have a SRT-4 if they came with a coupe. I think I'll just turbo my R/T

I have often thought the Z-24 was over rated. Until I took a ride in one.

They handle like poo.

That's still a lot of money for such a small car.
I happen to like small cars. But yeah I agree.

Kilbey
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
Given that most cars' speedo's are 10% (or more) off at speeds over 90, you may have hit 100 tops. The bridge is 1.5 miles long, and has curves leading to it, in both directions. If you're doing 100 on those curves, you've got more balls than I do, especially in an econobox.

Peace.
I was completely wrong about the length of the Z-bridge.

I guess I had a matrix glitch in my memory.

I drove over the bridge on my way to work today, and it is only a tiny bit over 1.5 miles.

You were right. Damn you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules