Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > external monitor on Lombard

external monitor on Lombard
ynot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2001, 12:10 PM

I connected an old monitor to my Lombard but it didn't work so I disconnected it. After rebooting, my PowerBook still thinks it has a second display device connected. The Monitors control panel indicates there is another device connected by displaying the "Arrange" button and showing the icon of the second monitor plus I don't have the video resources as I would without a second monitor, i.e., cannot choose millions of colors. Also, the LCD is identified as monitor #2, when it should be identified as #1. I also have a Pismo PowerBook and verified what *should* happen when connecting or disconnecting a second monitor. One thing for sure is that in all instances on the Pismo, the LCD screen is identified as #1.
I am taking a trip to visit family tomorrow and hoped the problem would be resolved by then...HELP!!!

Thanks in advance for THE answer I know I will receive in a few minutes from this Mac savvy comunity.

Tony

ynot  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2001, 01:03 PM

I guess noboby has a clue on this one. Too bad for me...

Tony

Forum Links
Forum Rules