Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > da stupid program Mail!!!

da stupid program Mail!!!
CandyMaffia
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2003, 06:49 PM

mail is a son of a bitch!! i needed to reformat the harddrive, and made a backup of my mailbox..when i import the files, they shows up in the 'import' folder..but when i want to move the folders out from the import folder i cant...only a couple of them, then i can't...is there anything you have to stand out with, or is there something i don't knowabout??

p�ter
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

cambro
Senior User
Jan 27, 2003, 07:08 PM

All I did to move my mail as-is from one computer to another is just replace the whole darn ~/Library/Mail directory in the new machine with the old one. Everything moved over fine for me and upon launching Mail, it was if I'd never left. Don't bother importing unless you're switching apps.

Hope that helps....

cpac
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2003, 07:08 PM

well you don't state your problem very clearly...

Perhaps rather than "importing" your mailboxes though, you should just replace Mail's mailboxes with your back-ups?
cpac

KidRed
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2003, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by cpac:
well you don't state your problem very clearly...

Perhaps rather than "importing" your mailboxes though, you should just replace Mail's mailboxes with your back-ups?
Exactly. Just replace all the mail files, mailboxes, inbox, etc. I don't see why mail.app is stupid tho.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Forum Links
Forum Rules