Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > the new 2.1 ipod update is a problem for me

the new 2.1 ipod update is a problem for me
CandyMaffia
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 06:15 AM

hii

i have the 3g ipod, and updated it when apple reached the 2.1 update package a few days ago. since that, my battery wont charge as it did before.. it wont charge fully at all (but the charging time is the same!!).. i maybe need to charge my ipod 3 times (3 normally charge cycles).. and it wont reach to max!!! what is happening??
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

mishap
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by CandyMaffia:
hii

i have the 3g ipod, and updated it when apple reached the 2.1 update package a few days ago. since that, my battery wont charge as it did before.. it wont charge fully at all (but the charging time is the same!!).. i maybe need to charge my ipod 3 times (3 normally charge cycles).. and it wont reach to max!!! what is happening??
bring it to the apple store or send it to apple care.

it could be related to software, but if your ipod isn't charging fully, then send it to apple. If you're battery isnt keeping the charge, they'll give you a new one.

This happened to me 3 days before my year warranty ran out, and i got a new 5gb i pod.

kulverse
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 21, 2003, 10:32 AM

This is kinda a known issue.

Same thing with mine, but after a little while (a few minutes) it crawls up to full. I have gotten full use out of it though. No reduced charge at all. I've heard many people on various boards talk about the same issue.

Hopefully this is what is happening to yours.

CandyMaffia  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 24, 2003, 05:04 AM

yes, the pod is crawling up to the top =)) just me, who is so scary.. made a big thing of it =)
imac g5 20" isight ed. user with ipod shuffle, ibook g3 700mhz, nokia 6680, canon cp3200

Forum Links
Forum Rules