Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari problem with one website

Safari problem with one website
jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2011, 09:30 AM

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen on my Mac - Safari stopped working on the javascript links on reddit.com. Upvoting, downvoting, expanding stories, hiding stories, etc - none of those links work. If I click a link to collapse a comment, it brings me up to the top of the web page.

There are also sometimes some errors with the way images are displayed. Check out the two images on the right of this shot:

I've only noticed a problem on reddit.com. No other sites that I've seen have any issues. I also do not experience these issues in Firefox or Chrome. But I do experience them in Safari on another user account on my computer. I've even trashed the Safari.app, cache, and preferences and reinstalled - no such luck.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

All glory to the hypnotoad.

jokell82  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2011, 09:41 AM

Also should mention that I've tried turning off all extensions, so I know that's not the issue. And standard links on the website work just fine - it's only the javascript links.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules