Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New iBooks for $894!

New iBooks for $894!
iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 19, 2001, 10:22 PM

For anybody holding out for a deal, MacConnection now has base model iBooks for $894 after two rebates, $200 from MacConnection and $100 from Apple. http://www.macconnection.com/scripts...pple/ibook.asp
Methinks we'll see new improved models at MWSF.

dagmar
Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2001, 11:55 PM

Not necessarily...this is a good way for them to clear out what they have left of the 500mhz books, which at this point they NEED to move so as to be able to deal only with the 600mhz models.

marusin
Senior User
Dec 20, 2001, 12:18 AM

I think we should see a speed bump at least at MWSF.. 750 G3 iBook? I'll take one!

Originally posted by dagmar:
<STRONG>Not necessarily...this is a good way for them to clear out what they have left of the 500mhz books, which at this point they NEED to move so as to be able to deal only with the 600mhz models. </STRONG>

iBabo
Senior User
Dec 20, 2001, 10:23 PM

i hope they stay at 600 for a while, i got my ibook 2 months ago. i dont want it to be "old" already......
smile like you mean it.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 26, 2001, 04:33 AM

I think we might see a 700-megahertz iBook sometime soon. I haven't thought about it, though; this is the first time I considered such a thing.

They have been pretty good about updating the iMac line with faster processors. I think they might be integrating that principal into iBook updates.

iNeusch
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2001, 04:41 AM

Originally posted by seanyepez:
<STRONG>I think we might see a 700-megahertz iBook sometime soon. I haven't thought about it, though; this is the first time I considered such a thing</STRONG>
It can update as high as the TiPB G4, but no higher... so at most a 667

Agent69
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2001, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by iBabo:
<STRONG>i hope they stay at 600 for a while, i got my ibook 2 months ago. i dont want it to be "old" already......</STRONG>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Agent69
Agent69

mlwhitt
Dec 27, 2001, 11:12 AM

I seriouslydoubt that we are going to see any updates to the iBook or TiBook this go around. This MacWorld is going to be about the iMac or it's sucessor, and the PowerMac. Maybe the "One More Thing" could be a price reduction on the iBook, but I doubt this, even more so if the iMac goes to LCD. The only other way around this is if Apple just decides it is time to marry the iMac and the iBook together as one product. I could see this happen, but I doubt that it will. Personally I doubt that the iBook will change, other than possibly price wise, but even then if even the upper end iMac has a LCD screen, this will affect this.

[email protected]

Originally posted by iDaver:
<STRONG>For anybody holding out for a deal, MacConnection now has base model iBooks for $894 after two rebates, $200 from MacConnection and $100 from Apple. http://www.macconnection.com/scripts...pple/ibook.asp
Methinks we'll see new improved models at MWSF.</STRONG>

Forum Links
Forum Rules